Visitor Reviews - Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Luss
Loch Lomond
Argyll   (Browse area)
G83 8NT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 1m  1m   1m

Open: 01 Apr 2014 - 27 Oct 2014

Reviews:  99 in total, now showing 19 to 24                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grajacq 1 review from this member

This was our first ever stay on a caravan park having only just bought the van 2 weeks prior. Upon arrival we found the staff to be extremely helpful and patient, helping us with a few teething problems being the first time. The site was very well maintained, clean and tidy including the toilets and shower block, beautiful scenery being right next to the Loch, I would highly recommend this site to anyone, and would certainly visit it again.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Steve-R 1 review from this member

I stayed here for quite a long stay, and firstly I must praise the wardens for switching bookings around to accommodate my large Motorhome.

The site is deceptively large, and although quite dated it's well kept and clean. The wardens are very friendly, helpful, and cheerful.

It's location is nicely set by Loch Lomond, and I had a Lochside pitch. But as mentioned, because I was under a tree the view was obstructed by branches. But that was a minor gripe. The site is also only a short walk from the pretty village of Luss, and a short drive to Balloch.

I think this site is used mainly as a stop-over as you travel further into the Highlands, or for a few days discovering the local area, and for that it is perfect. For a longer stay there are better in the area.

On the subject of the stated gripes.

I was there a few weeks, and although there are a lot of midges, I found the midge bites minimal. It was only on the last few days when I washed my car under a load of trees (like an idiot!) that I really got attacked. But that was my own stupidity.

There is a bit of road noise, but it's mostly acceptable, and you soon get used to it.

The toilet blocks are dated. But always clean, well kept, and certainly acceptable.

Overall a very pleasant site with very friendly wardens.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Busymale 3 reviews from this member

A good campsite on the banks of the picturesque Loch Lomond.

Toilets were clean and the welcome was very friendly. They don't cram people in and the gates are closed to avoid the potential for pirate campers.

Right next to the shore it does suffer badly from midges but otherwise child friendly, scenic and worth a return visit.

There is also Luss Village within easy walking distance and a cycle track running parallel with the campsite. Although right on the A82 the traffic didn't seem too bad and I got a good nights sleep.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lucysmum 12 reviews from this member

Good things:

Luss and the people there were great. Nice walking with a good leaflet provided at the site. The loch was lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Ducks and swans with youngsters on the site -sweet!

Bad things:

Showers tatty with stupid press button control and no temperature control. Ladies showers (all 4 of them) dirty when we arrived - asst warden cleaned them immediately but when I'd showered I went to mop round and the water in the bucket was much dirtier than I'd made the shower - ugh. Tried to fill our water tank up but failed as only a little trickle of water coming out of the tap! Also trees over the tap made it v. Difficult to get the van close enough. Road noise a problem.

OK the weather and road noise couldn't be helped but the CCC could have done something about the other problems.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Gordon55 3 reviews from this member

We stayed 2 nights at Luss in early June. The staff were friendly and helpful. We had a lochside pitch and had nice views across the loch; the whole site seemed to be quite level and well kept.

Our pitch looked as if it had been used quite a lot, there was a patch in the middle with very sparse grass, where tents etc have been sited. We were not troubled by any traffic noise, although we were probably about 70 to 100 yards from the roadside edge of the site.

Our EHU cable is about 15m long and was not long enough to reach the service pillar - the staff offered us the loan of an extension cable, which solved the problem. Site was almost full when we stayed (half term holiday and we were there over the diamond jubilee weekend) and there seemed to be a higher proportion of tents on the site compared to other club sites we have stayed on - tent campers rely on 'the facilities' more than people in wheeled units; we felt that there were not enough toilets/showers to cope with the numbers. I would expect that at other times the faculties are more than adequate.

Luss is very close and well worth a visit. We took a very nice boat trip to the village of Balmaha, where there are some nice walks and a nice (and very busy) pub. The scenery is fantastic. There were a lot of biting midges around, and despite using DEET and Avon's skin so soft we got quite a lot of bites.

The site is in a great spot and the friendliness and cleanliness are both really good. So in spite of the midges we will be sure to be returning to Luss in the future

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Searchlighters 15 reviews from this member

Nice site right on the banks of Loch Lomond and within walking distance of the picturesque village of Luss. Good facilities and helpful wardens but fairly small pitches.

Good access from main road.

On the downside - midges, midges and more midges! Made our one night stay very uncomfortable indeed - a real shame.

Would we stay again?? Yes but in Spring or Autumn when there are no midges!

Previous     99 Reviews in total, now showing 19 to 24      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Argyll   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers