Visitor Reviews - Devon Cliffs Holiday Centre (haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Devon Cliffs Holiday Centre (haven Holidays)
Sandy Bay
Exmouth
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX8 5BT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

5m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  46 in total, now showing 25 to 30                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: September 2008 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Annekasmum 3 reviews from this member

We stayed on the permanent hardstanding pitches and these were a bit uneven but of a generous size. The toilet block was immaculate with plenty of showers and toilets. An added bonus for us with a toddler was that there was a family bathroom available. You had to pay a £5 deposit which was returned at the end of the stay.

Devon Cliffs is a huge site and some of the statics seemed a long way from the entertainment complex up very steep hills. The swimming pool was clean with plenty of family changing rooms available. A small gripe is that you have to pay a pound to use a locker. The new Starbucks was a surprise extra touch but it would have been nice if it had stayed open later than 5pm. The on-site supermarket was expensive, no surprise there, but there is a 24 hour Tesco's very near.

Exmouth itself is a lovely seaside town with a small shopping centre.I would recommend a trip to Paignton Zoo, expensive but well worth it.

I have to admit that I was a bit apprehensive about Devon Cliffs given some of the reviews but I was pleasantly surprised.

Date of Visit: September 2008 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: GLYN18 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from a week at Devon Cliffs, we went off season due to having a two year old and work commitments. We arrived at 10.30pm on the Monday night and checked in at the security gatehouse, who were very helpful. Had no problem finding our way around the site at all. The entertainment complex was very good, with lots to do for the little ones and a great indoor / outdoor pool.

The touring caravan field looked very good, but a little compact to my inexperienced eyes.

The beach was an easy walk from our caravan and very good for children as its enclosed by cliffs, the sand was clean and with the sun out was very nice indeed.

We found all the staff very helpful, and the on site supermarket was a welcome bonus.

Reviewer: SarahJG 7 reviews from this member

The site as a whole has all the usual Haven facilities, pool, bars entertainment and amusements and you can also walk down to a beach that I think is owned by the site.

The camping facilities consist of a level field at the top of the (quite hilly) park with portable shower and toilet blocks at one end. The water taps are also here. No EHU available for tents and also no permanent paths or driveways as I think they only use this field in peak season - which I think meant that the rain caused them more problems in the wet weather than you would get on some other sites. It cost us £20 a night although I think some people who had booked further in advance had paid a little more.

Because of the weather the half of the field designated as a car park was all churned up and cordoned off, they put down wood chippings to help create a path to the toilets although it was still quite muddy.

Weather aside (which I know cannot be helped!) it was probably just not my type of camping but as a base for the holiday park and the area it would be ok but it's not a permanent site and does feel that way. The touring caravan facilities seemed very good and were always spotless. The pitches for these were in a different part of the park right by the main facilities.

Reviewer: Arfchelsea 2 reviews from this member

We arrived on site followed the road to the tent site then road then ends and mud starts. Field is split in to two, one half is for the tents (not organised) then a mud filed car park that you have to walk through to get to the shower, toilet block & drinking water. The tent field is situated far away on the site with the other facilities e.G. Shops, pools and club house quite a walk, you have to walk as parking is very limited.

Reviewer: Epiphone 2 reviews from this member

Just returned from Devon Cliffs after staying on the Tent field and I have to say I fully concur with what has been written below by Macmoore. Also due to the rain over the past couple of weeks the car pack side of the field and the side you have to walk through to get to the portaloo’s resembles Glastonbury on one of its worst years. The field is a complete bog. Only passable at times by the 4x4’s, every other car got stuck. Due to this the loo’s and showers are constantly filthy and full of mud. The pot wash never had any hot water which made washing up a nightmare. Showers cut out and only pumped stone cold water. Because you can’t drive onto the tent half of the field the tents are all crammed into a small area (close to the cars). I returned one afternoon to find someone had pitched less than 2ft away from my tent and had threaded their guy ropes through mine!

The field is not set up for camping and Haven are using this spare space to screw some more £’s out of a redundant field at the top of the site. Having said the complex itself is very good with all the usual swimming pools and entertainment.

I wouldn’t recommend you camp here unless you are prepared to put up with the above. You have been warned!

Reviewer: Macmoore 4 reviews from this member

I chose this site because of the excellent reviews. I spent 2 nights at this site. I think it is very important to inform everyone using a tent that you are not allowed to drive on to the field at all. When you arrive, you are expected to park in the car park then carry your equipment to a site of your choice.

The grass was very long, and there was rubbish everywhere.

The portable showers and toilets were a long walk from the field, we had to walk through the car park.

I went into the showers at 8.30 on both days, although they were clean and I didn't have to wait long, the water was freezing cold.

There was no water facilities around the field, we had to walk over to the portables to get some. There was no information regarding drinking water.

I had an issue and when I approached staff they were arrogant, unhelpful and tried to pass the buck.

It seems everything is geared up for the caravans and tents were an after thought.

Was very disappointed and won't be returning.

Previous     46 Reviews in total, now showing 25 to 30      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs