Visitor Reviews - Exe Valley Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Somerset > Site Reviews

Exe Valley Caravan Site
Mill House
Bridgetown
Exmoor
Dulverton
Somerset   (Browse area)
TA22 9JN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  10m  5m   5m

Open: 12th March To 18th October

Reviews:  180 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tyron 2 reviews from this member

We found this site very hard to fault, the pitches are all adjacent to either the river or the stream serving the mill which is very relaxing.

The facilities are very good and always clean, very handy on site shop with the basics and good information centre with detailed walks from the site and pub info/menus, nearest pub is approx 100m which is very good and friendly.

The free wi-fi was handy because phone signal wasn't the best and also the free loan of the aerial cable for the tv hook up is a nice touch

The warden's & owners are very friendly and helpful, the site is kept very clean and tidy.

If the showers were as modern as the toilet block then this site would be faultless.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Malcbev 4 reviews from this member

Lovely site adults only. Quiet and peaceful at the side of the river. We were allocated a large pitch and had plenty of room to pitch tent and surface was flat Excellent ammenities always clean and tidy, nice little room for washing up, free use of microwave and freezer, washing machine 2x 50p for 70 minutes good value as I have paid 2 or more on some sites. Wardens very helpful, in fact give you a cup of tea or coffee on arrival. Handy little shop on site with everything you might need including gas. Pub just a short walk away that serves good food.

Situated well for exploring Somerset and Devon we were lucky as the weather was excellent. Do try the West Somerset Railway excellent day out, Minehead bit poor for shops but sea front lovely in fine weather.

Would visit this site again as lovely and peaceful.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rihizo 2 reviews from this member

We spent two nights at this lovely site. The location is beautiful and the Wardens are just fab. Nothing was too much trouble for them. We had a lovely pitch next to the water mill. All pitches are a very good size and very well maintained.

We were however surprised at the out dated shower facilities. They really do not reflect the rest of the standard at the site. The ladies showers were cramped, damp and difficult to get dried and dressed in. Not to the standard we have experienced at other similar sites. This is a shame because in all other aspects this site is second to none. I do hope there are plans to upgrade these facilities?

All in all the site is well placed to visit the lovely surrounding area and we would return. We would have given 10/10 for everything if showers had been better. Decent washing facilities are important to us.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Rob ashcroft 12 reviews from this member

A delightful adult only site. Excellent pitches of a generous size on mostly level ground. Facilities were slightly on the compact size, but of good quality with hot powerful showers.

A pleasant rural location, although you will have to drive to get to various places such as shops and main walking routes. Very friendly wardens, who made our stay a very relaxing experience. The first site we have stayed at where we were offered a free coffee on arrival.

I feel like quoting that famous Arnold Schwarzenegger line 'I'll be back!'

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ourvan 5 reviews from this member

My wife and I have visited this site several times now, although on weekends only. Those running the site are always helpful and nothing too much trouble. The main reason of enjoying this site is its peace and quiet. It was a while ago when we did experience some noise from young guys who were camping close by, who kept us awake from 4am by their loud talking etc. But upon mentioning this to the owner, to his credit he went and had a chat with them, explaining they had disturbed others. Thankfully we were not the only ones who complained. Other than that it has been a nice quiet site.

There are walks nearby, although some can be hilly.

Reviewer: Pombear 3 reviews from this member

First time staying on an adult only site with another couple. Excellent site. We were able to pitch next to each other on the river side of the site. Looked like the site was pretty much full but we didn't really see anyone. No queue for the showers. There are 3 in the ladies, didn't ask hubby about the mens. Lovely toilet block which looks like it has only recently been added. Showers were excellent, no button to keep pushing and loads of hot water. Cubicles could possibly be a bit small for the larger person as the shower curtain kept getting stuck to me!

We did experience some heavy rain and a thunderstorm when we were there so the ground was very saturated. Would recommend wellies!

Our springer loved the little walk to the weir where she got to have a splash. It is only a very short walk where they can roam off lead, good for first wee and poo of the day and before bed!

We didn't try the local pub. Visited Dunster Castle and Gardens. Friends looked round inside and said it was very interesting, we looked round the gardens as we had the dog on the lead. There is a field area adjacent to the car park where dogs are allowed off the lead, and if you walk towards the left along the bottom of the field they can get in the water. We had lunch in the Victorian tea rooms by the car park rather than in the castle grounds. This was very nice and not expensive, they allow dogs in the garden.

Take the campsite directions with you as sat navs seem to send you down the most narrow lanes as a short cut, we were ok as we just had a tent but would be impossible for a caravan.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Safari Sue 2 reviews from this member

This was our 3rd visit to this site. The first 2 being as campers. The site is lovely and open and well laid out. You are able to set up however you like with no restrictions on the way the caravan faces.

The facilities are nice and kept very clean.

As dog owners we found the site had lots of good features including great dog walking areas and a dog friendly pub in very close proximity.

The wi fi is a little weak but the owners have gone to lengths to rectify this.

The are lots of attractions in the area. However, many of them require some travelling.

Reviewer: HappySpaniels 2 reviews from this member

Just back from six nights at this site (my second visit) and it was just as good as the first time.

Nice big, well tended pitches (you can chose where you wish to pitch (out of high season I would guess)). I pitched facing the river where I got the sun (when it shone). There is a good on site dog walk to the weir and nearby a longer walk where the dogs can run off lead. This is a great location for a base for touring Exmoor.

The facilities on the site were very good, clean and beautifully hot & powerful showers. Washing up facilities and freezer for cool packs plus washing machine/tumble drier.

Reviewer: Geoffprinter 10 reviews from this member

Only stayed for 4 nights last September and did a review of the site then. This time we stayed for 8 nights as we enjoyed it so much last time. So this really is just an update. I am pleased to say the site is still just as good as I remembered it, and still the same wardens. I cant praise them enough, so helpful and friendly. Even after the really wet weather that part of the country had over the winter I can report the site is lush green and the pitches are fine. Every thing is still clean and well maintained and the area around the site is stunning. As I say this review is really just an update of my last one which contains more detailed info. So if your looking for an adult only site in Exmoor I can highly recommend this one. (My detailed review is a few posts down)

Reviewer: CornishMaid63 2 reviews from this member

Just back from 6 nights at this site. This being my second visit. As the first time, we had a lovely level pitch by the river.

It was very nice to have a dog walking area so close and the longer walk opposite (where the dogs could easily access the river!).

I have no complaints about the facilities, only I wished I could have brought the showers back as they are much more powerful than mine at home! Another reviewer has noted that the shower facilities need a bit of a facelift, but in my opinion they are perfectly adequate and always clean - my only gripe, which I realise is purely personal - I don't need the radio playing when I am showering.

The wardens were friendly and the pricing structure sensible.

Its nice to stay on an adults only site which welcomes dogs.

I will return

Previous     180 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Somerset   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window