Visitor Reviews - Woodland Gardens Caravan Site

Blindwell Road
Lundin Links
Leven
Fife   (Browse area)
KY8 5QG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  1m  10m  5m   5m  1m

Open: 24 March To 23 October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:  94 in total, now showing 25 to 30                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
£100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win £100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mary law 1 review from this member

Waw what a find.

I like everything neat and tidy in my life.

I have been to several caravan sites over the past few years and until finding this little gold mine didn't expect to find one so neat and tidy.

The toilets are emaculate and you can tell it has a woman's touch with all the little personal touches. The little things us ladies might have forgotten are there.

The owners are so friendly.

Every single place I have visited. Ive always felt it's just a money transaction between the caravaner and the site owners.

Not at Woodland Gardens, they make you feel so welcome.

The rates are fantastic, I have paid a lot more for a lot less quality.

They are so aware of whats going on around the surrounding areas and are happy to advise.

I love to walk and run. The owners (Jan and Craig) were so helpful, advising me of great walks around me.

The shopping facilities are just a five minute drive away.

I liked that we were not surrounded in commercialism and that if I wanted some retail therapy I didn't have far to go.

The beach is within walking distance. There are some lovely sandy beach areas great for sunbathing. Also great if you enjoy looking for things along the beach and rock pooling as the beach has lots of character.

I love old ruins and was in my element as there were plenty around.

We found woodland gardens a great base for us as we were within half an hour of places to visit around, ie St Andrews without the hefty cost of staying there. The views from Woodland Gardens are something else.

We felt we could have been anywhere in the world looking out over the water and beyond.

We visited the site before and meant to write a review. When we returned this year we noticed there were even further improvements to the site.

Not that I would have thought that possible.

Thank you for your hospitality Jan and Craig it certainly shows that you both put your heart into your little site. That's also what I like that it's not a great big commercialised site thank you both. Oh and much as we love kids was so good to have complete peace and quiet. Could almost hear the waves from your site. X

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Keith0901 1 review from this member

Spent 3 nights in one of the glampod units on site, had a really friendly welcome and was then shown to our pod Gretel, was fantastic, really spacious with fridge microwave kettle and tv, these huts are made to a very high standard throughout and are extremely comfortable,

On site there is a games room with a pool table, table tennis, and darts, there is also a pile of board games and a comfortable couch and large flat screen tv along with a fridge, a freezer and an ice machine,

There is a hotel and pub, shop within 15 minutes walk, it is quite a steep hill coming back but we got a taxi for under £4,

This is a fantastic little site, really quiet and the shower/toilet block was spotless with complimentary toiletries and lots of nice little touches,

We will definitely be returning to this site and highly recommend it

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Rasputin1 4 reviews from this member

This site is an absolute Gem. We have driven past the sign for this site many many times on our way to the campsites in StAndrews and are kicking ourselves for doing so, we stayed here on the Bank holiday weekend and found it fantastic. We were met by the friendly owners on arrival and shown to our pitch which was level with gravel, the site was full with tents caravans & glamping pods. The toilets and shower blocks look like they have been around for a while but inside they are warm and modern with some nice touches like music playing and in the mens anyway an air freshner aerosol as most camp toilets are a little fruity on a sunday morning. My wife says that the ladies had shampoo & conditioner for those who have run out. The recreation room had a sofa, flat screen tv, pool table, books, an ice maker and a freezer with ice lollies and an honesty box for payment. It is obvious the owners have put a lot of work into this site and it shows. Well done !

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Rod+Ali 15 reviews from this member

We chose this site for our first outing of the year as we didnít want to travel too far and were delighted to find that it lived up to all the previous reviews. The site is beautifully manicured with level hardstanding pitches. The toilets/showers are among the best we have seen anywhere with lovely touches like ďspareĒ shower gel /toothpaste /de-odorant for anyone who has forgotten to bring theirs. There is even washbasins, drying racks, washing up liquid and scrubbers provided at the covered dishwashing area. The site is adults only so is very quiet and peaceful even when itís busy and is also dog-friendly with good walking opportunities. Itís only a 10 minute walk to the Fife Coastal Path which has some great scenic walks with plenty refreshment opportunities ! Would definitely visit again.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ping pong pair 3 reviews from this member

Jan and Craig have made significant improvements since our last visit 3 years ago.

Whilst checking in we asked about wifi and table tennis.

Wifi - yes

Table tennis - no.

Next morning Craig drove up to the recreation room in a white van.

'Is that the table tennis table arriving?' I asked

Yes was the reply!

Ah ha good April fool was my thought, after all it was Wednesday 1st April.

It was not an April Fool! They had gone online, bought a table tennis table and installed it less than 24hours after we had asked!

Now that's what I call service!

This is a great friendly little site where the owners take pride in welcoming guests and doing everything to make your stay as pleasant as possible

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: NickFW 3 reviews from this member

We were expecting big things from this campsite and I have to say we weren't let down. As always I like to write reviews when a place is fresh in my mind, hence why I'm writing this whilst lying relaxing in the van.

Nice welcome from Jan and Hamish before Craig showed us to our pitch and helped direct me with my limited caravan knowledge into our space. Spot on and told us anything we had forgot or needed to come and see them.

We had some issues with our electricity but Craig was on hand to help us get an alternative supply which ran all our stuff fine. Craig and Jan even put off their trip out for dinner to help us change the supply to our van. We couldn't use the fridge on electric which was weird as we ran everything on our last trip away off the electric supply. Everytime we put the fridge on that kept tripping the box and our caravan. May be an issue with our van but that was serviced a couple of weeks ago so if it is then bums will be getting kicked. Instead we ran the fridge off gas so no real hassle in the end. Food and beer kept cold so that's the main thing.

The site facilities are tremendous. The toilets and shower blocks were great, I like my traditional shaving and had a good wee 45 mins or so to myself in the shower block. Water was roasting and everything was clean. Mops and buckets supplied to clean up showers as you go. I always like to do this as with everywhere I just wished everyone would do the same. Plenty of complimentary toiletries on hand. The dishwashing facilities are a god send. No need to mess about washing pans and plates in the van. Everything from washing up liquid, brush, basin, drainer etc all supplied. We never used the rec room as had everything we needed in van. Even the toilet waste disposal area was immaculate and hand sanitiser provided as well.

The surrounding area was excellent and one day we took the coast road to St Andrews through all the lovely wee villages of Crail, Pittenweem, Anstruther, St Monnance etc. On the second day we went the opposite direction which I didn't like so much. Kirkaldy, Kinghorn, Burntisland etc. Aberdour & Pettycur Bay were nice though.

Two places deliver food that we sampled during our stay. Daves Shorehead Pizza Parlour in Leven and Jade chinese take away also in Leven. Both excellent!

Not even the snow, howling gales and rain could ruin this few days away. Really enjoyed it and will come back if in this area. Dogs seemed to enjoy the secluded spot we got and the grounds are well kept with all dogs on leads and walked off it. The no outdoor noise after 11pm also suits us. It was really quiet when we were there but I imagine this would be a helpful rule in the summer.

Good site, worth a visit and the area would be well suited for golfers or seafood lovers as there's so much available to both groups on your doorstep. I would love this place in the summer, infact there's an idea, I may just do that.

Previous     94 Reviews in total, now showing 25 to 30      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Fife   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth £225! Win a Coolbox Cool Ďní Store Package worth over £235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July