Visitor Reviews - Padstow Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Padstow Touring Park
Padstow Touring Park
Padstow
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL28 8LE   See Map
Tel: 01841 532061
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

Add this Site to your Virtual BrochureSave to Virtual Brochure

No Statics for Hire   Statics on Sale   No Seasonal Pitches  Caravan Storage Caravan Storage
 Chemical Disposal   Battery Charging   Gas Refills   Recycling Facilities
 Kitchen Facilities   Freezer Available    Motorhome Point   Fully Serviced Pitches
 Shop On Site   Bar <1 mile   Restaurant <1 mile   Wifi Access
 Fishing <1 mile   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <1 mile   Cycle Hire <1 mile   Golf <5 miles   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach <5 miles   Watersports <1 mile   Boat Launch / Mooring <1 mile
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  172 in total, now showing 41 to 50                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kaiserk 2 reviews from this member

Been to this site for 3 years in a row. Why?

1) good sized grass pitches with hook up

2) shower rooms plentiful and other amenities easily available - recycling, waste disposal, water tap etc.

3) location is great with 15 mins walk to Tesco store

4) 20 mins walk into Padstow

5) 15min drive to good beaches - Harlyn, Constantine

6) Padstow has god restaurants for evening dinner

7) Good base for other activities - cider farm, Eden project

8) wifi

9) close to Rock, can visit Doombar brewery and pick up supplies :)

10) owners/staff always friendly and helpful

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Micky55 3 reviews from this member

The units on this site are very regimented and as we shared the tap with3 other units we were unable to connect it to the van. Its a very clean and tidy site with extremely clean toilets (apart from the vents which obviously haven't been cleaned for some time. The lady on reception was very friendly and helpful. Although we ourselves have a dog there were so many on the site it could have become a problem.

Reviewer: Miller83 1 review from this member

We stayed here as our first camping holiday with our 1 year old son. It was fantastic! Really friendly staff, very welcoming and provided us with lots of local information. All pitches are well kept, and there is not much traffic. We requested to not be on a through way due to our son crawling, and we were placed at the end of a no through way section which was perfect. Our pitch had an electric hook up and water supply right next to the tent, and from what I noticed all the other pitches did too.

The facilities were spotless! A few lovely takeaway vans also visited the sites on the evenings we were there which is a nice touch.

We were told that you could walk into Padstow from the site, and there was a bus at the end of the road, but with us having a buggy the walk across the fields wasn't suitable for us. So we drove in each day, which was no problem. There was a park and ride also if you'd rather not try and park in town.

We are looking to book and go again next year. Can't wait! Best site we've stayed at yet!

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 19charliewarlie91 1 review from this member

Well, I must say this has got to have been the best site I've stayed on in years. During booking a few months back I left a message saying we needed to be close to facilities because I am disabled and they got us on the nearest pitch possible. The facilities are fantastic, clean, tidy, well looked after and in great condition. The staff are very polite and super helpful when I decided to trap my finger in the car door causing lots of blood. The site itself is well manicured and maintained. During the night there is lots of light to illuminate the paths and pitches but not to much to keep you awake. During the night time, all you could hear was the wind and the rain (if your unfortunate enough to have some). All in all it was a fantastic mini break for myself, my partner and our puppy and at a very VERY good price! Will definitely be going again!

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: SandraScot1 34 reviews from this member

Had two nights here. Lovely site -well laid out and well kept. Good hot showers, plenty of space to put your towers/clothes etc! very clean but a tad chilly in the shower block. Check in was swift and chappie on reception very helpful. Pathway walk into town not challenging but do ensure you have decent walking shoes/boots. 25 minutes into town but be aware it's uphill coming back! buses run from the harbour so that's another option and the buses also allow dogs. Great site and we would recommend this one.

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Colin 012 1 review from this member

Arrived late on a wild November night after 5pm the warden turned around to help us when he passed us on the road on the way in that already tells you they care about their customers. Beautiful views from large pitches great washing facilities and clean shower blocks. My personel opinion one of the best sites in the UK and a short walk from the lovely harbour town Padstow. Just booked for the easter weekend hope to see you there

Date of Visit: November 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Dubdogs 114 reviews from this member

We had a three night stay on a hard-standing pitch as the grass ones weren't in use given the time of year. The pitch was large and flat with easy access to hook-up and water point - most pitches share a water point which was handy.

As we were near reception, we used the toilet block in behind it which was kept clean and warm.

The site is well maintained with good use of hedges to offer partial privacy to some pitches. There were some building works going on to increase the size of one of the other toilet blocks. There is a lot of artificial light on site, which some might like, but for me, I'd prefer it dark.

Padstow is a walkable distance if you're fairly able, and most places were dog friendly. Just a shame there wasn't a pub a little closer to break the walk up!

There is a good sized shop and information point at reception.

All in all, we had an enjoyable stay at the site and a good time visiting the local area.

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Issym 28 reviews from this member

This is our 2nd visit to the site, 1st with our caravan.

We were sited near the older toilet/shower block. We don't use the showers but the toilets are clean and well kept. I love the fact that the showers are separate to the toilets, I hate going to the ablutions and going into a toilet cubicle while people are queueing for showers, no amount of piped music can disguise what you are doing.

The washing up area is undercover which at this time of year was necessary.

Good recycling.

Tesco is a short walk away, and Padstow itself is within walking distance, and a safe walk if you go via Tesco, off the main road.

There is a bus stop outside the site.

The staff are very friendly and keep the site immaculate.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mekon 3 reviews from this member

Had a 3 night stay instead of 4. The site was easy to find. We thought it would ideally sited to visit Padstow. The staff were extremely helpful. After a long trip it was nice to find a mobile kitchen cooking Italian food. It saved my wife a job as she does everything.

The disabled facilities are behind the reception block, and combined with the family suite. Access is via a non slip ramp and through 2 doors, the outer door opens inwards and the shower room outwards. As is quite common I noticed there was no stool in the shower to dry oneself. I reported this to reception and he went and put one in place. , as it should have been there. The following morning I went for a shower only to find the stool missing. I used my scooter to push the bench that was there into position. After my shower I reported it to reception. He explained why it keeps happening. The next morning as I approached the block a member of staff ran out to help with doors and to check the stool was there. Every time they saw me they came to help. Access around the site was on tarmac and the pitch was gravel.

Unfortunately there was no footpath on the road to the town The only downside was the fact we could not get a taxi to Pads tow. Every number we had went to answerphone, and when we got a reply they could not help because of taxi runs to schools. The next day the same result but

This time a different a different firm but they would not take my westie dog. Other users of the site came back from the town via taxis. , which were all queuing to get customers. Overall 8/10 for the site and 0/10 for the local taxis. This is the first time in all our trips around the UK we have been unable to get taxis to leave site. Does not bode well for a county that relies on tourism.

We left a day early and stopped at the Eden project, which since my last visit has increased accessibility in the domes and allows dogs on on site but not the domes. At least this made our trip worthwhile, but our main objective was too visit Pads tow.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sue Paul 42 reviews from this member

Our second time here and again, a great visit.

The site staff are good, the pitches large and clean and the location just ideal.

Some of the older shower blocks now need an update as we watched most people (as did we) ignore the older blocks and walk further to the newer ones.

I was shocked when I heard statics were going on site in place of touring pitches but when I looked they had there own little area and looked just fine, one little row hardly impacts on the site so good news.

We will certainly visit again next year.

Previous     172 Reviews in total, now showing 41 to 50      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a Colibri Lux Sleeping Bag and Sim Bundle worth over 270 Win East Anglian Game & Country Fair Camping Weekend Tickets!

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 28 to 29 April
Thetford. Weekend Camping available. Plus win tickets in our competition ...more