Visitor Reviews - Roseview Caravan Park ( Formerly Oban Divers Caravan Park )

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Argyll > Site Reviews

Roseview Caravan Park ( Formerly Oban Divers Caravan Park )
Glenshellach
Oban
Argyll   (Browse area)
PA34 4QJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  5m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  54 in total, now showing 25 to 30                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Robray100 3 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a long weekend and have to be honest, this site I would recommend to anyone. The views are stunning, the site is spotless and grass well cared for. The toilet and shower blocks are superb even with radio 2 playing.

Oban is about 30mins walking distance (better going down though), it is a beautiful walk on a nice evening. The reception carries bare essentials like milk and juice for the kids. The site is well thought out with family units being on a separate area with a childrens play area so that kids can run shout and scream to their hearts content without bothering others that want to be quiet. There is a covered barbecue cooking area and a sit in area where you can enjoy your dinners without having to be in the tent all the time. I am really impressed and am looking forward to our return visit.

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kilgirl 5 reviews from this member

Hi, went to the Roseview recently, had a lovely time. Really peaceful, scenery was gorgeous, Angus keeps the park immaculate, forget what some people write in their reviews re Angus being a bit crabby, he,s got a dry witty nature, I found him quite funny. Oban was lovely too, the only downfall was the road in and out of the site, it,s narrow and windy, not a lot of passing places, I found it a bit daunting, apart from that, I would recommend this site. We'll definitely be back

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bowkg 3 reviews from this member

We are just back from our first camping experience! This site was excellent. We have 2 kids (1 and 3) who loved it. Our pitch was right next to the play park with plenty of safe area round it. Our younger one was a bit too fond of the stream though!

This is a very quiet campsite and perfect if you like to wake up hearing birds, ducks and sheep. It feels like you really are in the countryside.

Lovely toilet block. Nice and clean and very well maintained. Given that it is the summer holidays no queues for showers or toilets.

Would recommend this site and we will definitely go back :-)

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tomtait 10 reviews from this member

This a small but well set out site offering great views. On arrival, as we had no children or dogs, we asked if we could have a quiet pitch and was directed to no. 6 which overlooks the children's play area! The campsite was only half full therefore this was not due to necessity.

The location is idyllic but the site is approached by a narrow 3 mile lane with passing places which made our journey a little tricky in places.

To be honest, the site is well maintained and very family orientated. I cannot understand why our request for a quiet pitch was refused. It didn't spoil our stay but it is the main reason why we will not return.

Date of Visit: March 2010 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Davspat 5 reviews from this member

Access while on a narrow road was not a problem for our motorhome. You do need transport to town. While it is small and was not busy when we were there it was acceptable.

The ladies facilities had a sarcastic note from Angus responding to a campers request for a heater. He suggested they go to a 5 star hotel! And aren't shower buttons that need pressing each 2 seconds annoying!

One gets the impression that you should not cross Angus! and don't ask for anything 'extra' It wasn't cheap and we have 4 months around Scotland to compare with.

Date of Visit: August 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Worldoftofuness 15 reviews from this member

The location is a bit of an oddity. Cycling up there at the end of a long day as it was getting dark, it seemed like a lot longer than the 1.5 miles out of the town centre signposted--though I believe other reviewers who confirmed the distance by actually measuring it. It felt enough of a trek that I wouldn't want to be going back & forth into town if I was staying several days. On the other hand, the brief view of the scenery (I only stayed 1 night, and it was dark/raining most of the time) I got from the site was of a pretty good setting.

I chose a spot on top of a slight bank to pitch, so no waterlogging. Facilities were clean, nice to have piped music. Ideally I'd maybe increase the no. Of handbasins--there only seemed to be 1 in the women's sanitary block--a bit awkward when several people wanted to brush teeth, wash hands etc.; and rethink the hairdrying location as other campers had to be careful not to bash into people.

However, what made this site for me was (as others have mentioned) the cooking shelter. Given how windy & rainy it was on my visit, it was great to have (I just wish more campsites would follow suit). I even managed to dry my shoes--wet for over a day--out under the eaves!

Previous     54 Reviews in total, now showing 25 to 30      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Argyll   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs