Visitor Reviews - Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Luss
Loch Lomond
Argyll   (Browse area)
G83 8NT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 1m  1m   1m

Open: 01 Apr 2014 - 27 Oct 2014

Reviews:  90 in total, now showing 25 to 30                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bonnie + Clyde* 9 reviews from this member

I spent a few nights on this site and the location was stunning. I got a pitch right next to Loch and had wee bit of the beach where I could sit and chill out at. Fantastic!

Nice clean site, wardens friendly and pleasant.

Toilet block was clean.

Village is only a few mins walk away where there are a few shops to buy newspapers etc.

Very tranquil and relaxing. I don't have kids but didn't think there was much for them to do at this site.

Plenty of walks for my dog to enjoy and the site even have a dog walk area.

Very good and can't wait to go back. Midges not too much of a problem.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Ra tigger 2 reviews from this member

There can not be many sites that are set in such a stunning location. We had a pitch within yards of the Loch. My husband thought it great that he could walk out the door and cast his fishing rod!

Despite the foul weather the site staff kept the site immaculate and nothing was too much trouble. All the staff were friendly and made us very welcome. There was plenty to do within walking distance. Loch Lomond is the ideal base to tour round from, also many walks locally, and plenty of places to travel to by boat.

Toilet blocks clean even though it was raining while we were there, good laundry room, they even managed to cut the grass in the rain!

Will definitely be going back.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Tockers 24 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 3 days and the weather was good but a bit windy. Our pitch was flat and we had a partial view of loch lomond.

The site was full but seemed quiet apart from the road noise which was like a motorway. Luss was not far away but not much there. We cycled to tarbet and had a good walk there we also went across the loch by boat and walked up conic hill which was a real good day out. Not an easy walk but well worth it the views were amazing.

We would have liked to stay longer. The showers were clean but close to the outside door so every time it was opened it was cold.

The biggest fault was we could not get a tv signal so missed the royal wedding.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Brycie732 1 review from this member

Just back from three nights at Luss. The only downside of the site is its closeness to the main road. The traffic noise was noticeable, but that is the only possible downside!

The site is fantastic, right on the banks of the Loch. The staff are brilliant, very friendly and polite. The toilet blocks are spotless and warm. The power showers are great.

The kids park was small and basic but when you have the Loch a few yards from the tent a park isn't that important.

We paid 35 per night for EHU, two adults and three kids in a 10x5m tent. I think the site was priced right for the toilet facilities and the staff courtesy.

I honestly (apart from the traffic noise) cannot find a negative about this site. Well worth a visit!

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: 6 of clubs 8 reviews from this member

After staying here during Easter weekend we thought we should write a review. As said below the road noise is very noticeable and especially if you have to pitch beside it as it was always busy.

We were given pitch no 54 which is underneath a few trees just off the lock, but when we asked the warden if we could pitch on the front next to the lock, we were told no as they keep those pitches for vans.

The site itself was clean and the toilet blocks and showers also, but I would suggest some heating in the ladies please.

The village is just a little walk away but to be honest there isn't a lot there and we could not spend a full day.

We asked to hire 10 ice blocks off the site at the cost of 50p each and 1 deposit for each block which I thought was really expensive. Even though they only had a few and the freezer was nearly empty, when we asked if we could keep a bag of ice we had in there until the next day we were told No again.

Overall it is a nice site but we wont be returning as the wardens were too over the top and we felt like they preferred vans.

Also there wasn't enough in the village itself, not even a local public house so you needed to drive everywhere.

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Spike_uk 9 reviews from this member

I spent 2 nights here in the first week of September. At first I was told it was fully booked, I thought we would have no problem getting on as the schools were back so be warned, I will book next time. Luckily someone cancelled as we were leaving so we got a pitch.

This site is fantastic, the only downside was the view from the pitch was obscured by trees but hey, move 5 yards and wow. All facilities were clean and tidy.

This was the most expensive site I stayed at during my tour of Scotland so I'm a bit miffed as to why I joined the C&CC.

Previous     90 Review in total, now showing 25 to 30      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Argyll   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!