Visitor Reviews - West End Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Site Reviews

West End Farm
Salters Way
Great Carlton
Louth
Mablethorpe
Lincolnshire   (Browse area)
LN11 8BF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  1m  1m  5m  10m  10m  1m  5m   5m

Open: March To September

Reviews:  95 in total, now showing 25 to 30                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Reviewer: Evagy 6 reviews from this member

Our family (two adults, one 4 year old and one 5 year old) spent 2 nights here.

Easy booking over the telephone and friendly upon arrival, it was a busy weekend but still gave us a couple of choices. We chose near the office as it overlooked the swings. The kids were very happy all weekend, made friends at the swings and had plenty of room to run around.

The site has mature trees all around and within it which keeps the wind to a minimum. The toilets and showers were clean. There are no shops nearby so bring it all with you.

Despite being busy the site was peaceful at night and we all slept soundly. We will definitely use again as an easy weekend away kind of place.

Reviewer: Noyamyam 5 reviews from this member

Stayed 3 nights with my 4yo daughter. Lovely, clean site, very well maintained, shower block, toilets, wash room all spot on. Freezer for ice packs, fridge for food, and a washing machine, all free. Ideally situated for a peaceful break. Lovely pub a mile away, recommend for excellent food.

Oh and because I was the only adult, only 12 per night PEAK SEASON!

ONLY thing to make a fault with,

A) play area just 2 swings, and 2 rope swingy things, but plenty of room to play.

B) Lovely hot showers, but cant control temperature, so too hot for little one, had to use a pan and water from the basin to rinse her, and her long hair with.

Just 2 minor points which just affected us personally.

Will definitely return to this lovely site

Reviewer: Amcamp 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from what ended up being 2 nights at this site and booked due to the good reviews on here. I want to give balanced feedback so overall would say the site is very small, very quiet with just a few swings for small children.

Nice touches like small fridge provided, and small freezer for ice blocks. Also a free washing machine which is great and really thoughtful.

Lovely bird song in the morning and pitches are sheltered by trees and flat. Owner now that I know who he is cuts the grass a lot so well cared for site. Other people on the site were very friendly.

Not so good and I won't go back. The lighting is very poor. I get the setting is rural but at night it's dangerous dependant on where your pitch is going to the toilet so be well prepared.

We had teenagers with us. Nothing at all to do on the site which we expected but nothing nearby either other than pubs - we love walking so enjoyed the area but just making you aware.

Mablethorpe about 25 minutes away and the beach there is lovely. Louth nearly is a beautiful little upmarket town. Skegness - very commercial so only popped there for an hour or so.

I booked a last minute pitch and was very clear that it was definitely for 2 nights hopefully 3 dependant on the weather. The site owner was very pleasant over the phone and advised that was no problem. I was advised I could turn up for 10am as getting a pitch was no problem as it was 'quiet'.

We usually book larger sites so I admit I took this relaxed approach as really friendly and laid back and actually commented that it was very different to how we usually book ie. Written confirmation etc. On arrival my husband was there first and started to pitch the tent ahead of us arriving. He asked if myself and our teenagers could stay 4 nights and again was advised 'no problem'.

The only contact I had with what I now understand is the owner is when I turned up and couldn't get in the gate. He did help but there was no introduction or conversation, so I honestly didn't realise this chap was the owner. I then never saw him again, not even to pay him.

Reception is a tiny hut and he was never in it when we were there. The only time I saw him is when he wandered over on the second night to remind us we were leaving in the morning. I explained we have booked for at least 3 nights and explained I hadn't seen him at all to confirm that. He actually lives on the site and advised me he hadn't been hiding I could have gone to his house but I wasn't aware of that. Our conversation wasn't great and he explained he had re-booked the pitch from the following morning as I hadn't confirmed the booking.

He did apologise but I won't be back. He had ample opportunity to let us know he wanted to hire out the pitch. He implied he was quiet so I took that we would be OK. As experienced 15 year campers this was a disappointing experience.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Royaub 1 review from this member

This was a lovely quiet site. Chris the owner was more than helpful. We had a very wet 2 days out of 4 which made things a little slushy, and yet he was there to offer his services.

The site is peaceful and very close to all attractions. The toilet block / playground are well kept and very clean. & fit my dad in at the last minute.

It has everything you need for a great time away and will certainly be returning. Would recommend this site to anyone.

Thank you for a great week. See you again.

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Richieb2 1 review from this member

We visited the site on the 26/27 may 2012 for the weekend, with our tent, the reviews that people left on this site were spot on!

The site was a lovely well kept site, the facilities were excellent, the owner met us as we arrived with a warm reception and was only too pleased to chat and help us. There's lots of space for kids to play, also swings,

This is a really good site to go and relax away from everything, lovely countryside all around you, plenty of walks around the site and yet still not far from the coast or Lincoln by car! Had a great weekend and definitely going back again soon!

Date of Visit: April 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jes58 1 review from this member

It's not surprising that this site already has so many good reviews. I can only agree with the previous reviewers' comments. We have just returned from a lovely week at West End Farm despite very wet weather, during a drought! Chris, the owner, was really welcoming and helpful and has obviously worked hard to provide just what campers and caravanners need in a good traditional camp site. The site is in a lovely peaceful countryside setting, edged by trees and hedging and with spacious flat pitches. The toilet/shower block is kept lovely and clean and there are washing up facilities and free use of a washing machine. Overall, we thought the site was great value for money. Although we were just two adults camping there, it looked good for families, with swings for the children. The coast is within easy reach, with lovely beaches and traditional sea-side towns. Inland too, there are some good places to visit including Louth and the windmill at Alford. Locally the Waggon and Horses at South Reston and the Red Lion at Withern provide good food. I can highly recommend this site and hope we can go back sometime soon.

Previous     95 Reviews in total, now showing 25 to 30      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lincolnshire   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more