Visitor Reviews - Devon Cliffs Holiday Centre (haven Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Devon Cliffs Holiday Centre (haven Holidays)
Sandy Bay
Exmouth
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX8 5BT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel:

5m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  47 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Macmoore 4 reviews from this member

I chose this site because of the excellent reviews. I spent 2 nights at this site. I think it is very important to inform everyone using a tent that you are not allowed to drive on to the field at all. When you arrive, you are expected to park in the car park then carry your equipment to a site of your choice.

The grass was very long, and there was rubbish everywhere.

The portable showers and toilets were a long walk from the field, we had to walk through the car park.

I went into the showers at 8.30 on both days, although they were clean and I didn't have to wait long, the water was freezing cold.

There was no water facilities around the field, we had to walk over to the portables to get some. There was no information regarding drinking water.

I had an issue and when I approached staff they were arrogant, unhelpful and tried to pass the buck.

It seems everything is geared up for the caravans and tents were an after thought.

Was very disappointed and won't be returning.

Date of Visit: June 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Si-uk 16 reviews from this member

Went to Devon Cliffs, a part from the royal marine commandos shooting most of the day and the up hill struggle to the entertainment complex the site was a good one.

With it's stunning views and an excellent beach, mind the sea weed and the odd sand fly plus a few worm things, Devon Cliffs is ideal.

It has coastal paths but it is a shame that one route has become dangerous due to erosion and you can still get down to another beach that leads to Budleigh Staunton via rope.

Date of Visit: May 2007 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Hobbyman_1977 1 review from this member

We just stayed at Devon Cliffs on their brand new touring field.  The new field is the next level down from where it used to be which does mean the sea view is a little worse.  The new facilities are the best I have ever come across including spotless showers, toilets and chemical disposal room.  The facilities are cleaned every 3 hours during the day by a team of three full time attendants who were always around or on call.
No longer do you have to approach the touring area via huge gradients which have resulted in so many clutches burning out.  This site have really sorted themselves out and with the new touring field and absolutely immaculate facilities gets 9/10 from me.  I say 9/10 and not 10/10 because the pitches are not very big at all.
After setting up our van and pitching the awning there was only a few feet away from the next van.  All pitches are fully serviced and are hard standing.  We stayed for 9 nights and really didn't't want to leave.  At last a Haven site with all the facilities who are taking care of the tourers as well as the statics.
The field is only 2 minutes walk to the shop and all the entertainment which makes it very convenient, although this becomes a little noisy during the late evening when you can here the loud music from the late night show.  All in all excellent and I will be returning next year.  These are brand new facilities with kind and friendly attendants.  Kids and wife really enjoyed themselves.

Date of Visit: April 2007 Unit:  Static
Reviewer: Danielle76 3 reviews from this member

We recently stayed at Devon Cliffs in a Static Caravan - Like most of the reviews written so far I will agree that the site is very hilly. Both my partner & I had stayed at Devon cliffs some years ago - however we were pleasantly surprised at the re-fit. The facilities are very good – the indoor pool could do with a good clean. Drinks & food are as expected not cheap - but reasonably priced. There is a restaurant on site but we didn’t eat there. The club rooms were a good size but when we stayed the site wasn’t very busy. I would imagine in the height of summer the rooms would be too crowded.

My only complaint would be upon arrival we were told that the computers were down, Security told us to go to the club room but the reception staff told us to queue up in the main reception area – After nearly an hour of shouting from Security telling us all to go up to the club room we finally checked in in the reception area.

This is a great site if you fancy parking up for the weekend & making the most of the facilities. The surrounding area has some fab places to visit & would thoroughly recommend using this site.

Date of Visit: October 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Slewis1972 2 reviews from this member

I have just returned from Havens site - Devon Cliffs, supposed to be there flag ship, hmmm.

Arrived on site - touring area extremely muddy. Ok - weather is bad but looks like the tractors they had used had gone all over alot of pitches. Also -  most of the touring area is on a slop. We had to ask 3 times for breeze blocks - eventually got them a day later. I had to raise the front of the van about a metre of the ground to get it level. And then once it was level, the water pump did not even touch the water butt so could not pump any water in.
The worst bit though was the toilet block. In the 3 days we stayed there - and we had booked for 5 days, we asked 3 times for them to be cleaned. Were not touched. They were a complete mess, the worse toilet block I had stayed in - no wonder it was cheap.
Anyway - hope this helps someone save a few pounds. Or if you want to go there and will use won facilities, make sure you get a level pitch.
I must say though the facilities for kids - was great - cannot fault that. Its that we have to wash and clean the kids sometimes, so good or even clean facilities to do that would have been needed.
Scott

Date of Visit: August 2006 Unit:  Touring Caravan
Reviewer: Loopylou007 15 reviews from this member

Just returned from a weeks holiday, site was huge and packed, it was extremely hilly, partner ended up helping someone struggling to tow their van up a very steep hill. Also vans were too near to each other. One good thing we had a nice sea view.

I only used the shower block once because it was really dirty and the shower door didn't shut properly so the water went everywhere.

Food on the site was overpriced and to be honest not very nice. There is a nice pub next door to the site which did huge portions, and quite reasonable. Would also recommend the farm next to the site, quite pricey but well worth it, loads to do for the kids.

When we went to empty toilet we were amazed we had to empty it into a normal toilet, there was no elsan points?

Beach was nice but again to get there you had to go down a very steep hill.

The site has 3 clubhouses, the main club where they have entertainment for the younger kids got busy about 5.30 pm so if you went any later chances are you wouldn't get a seat. Room was really hot, didn't seem to have any air con (maybe done on purpose so you buy more drinks!)

All in all the kids loved the entertainment but think we would prefer to go back to Haven Littlesea because it isn't as hilly.

Previous     47 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers