Visitor Reviews - Gate House Wood Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Kent > Site Reviews

Gate House Wood Touring Park
Ford Lane
Wrothah Heath
Sevenoaks
Kent   (Browse area)
TN15 7SD   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01732 843 062

1m  1m 5m  5m  1m   5m  1m  1m

Open: 1st Marchto 31st October

Reviews:  76 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Reviewer: Cufcbarside 66 reviews from this member

That will teach us for not following the instructions for the campsite on the website. The prince of darkness knew it was arrivals from 1400 only and arrived at 1330 and had to wait. Read the instructions ! !

What do we think then, some thoughts to share with you all.

Watch the sat nav directions to here. Make sure you use the main road and not the side road off the main drag from the motorway down to the campsite

Some site bits then, water could have been a bit warmer it was ok but a couple of degrees warmer would have been nice, water pressure is excellent though so get ready for a good dosing !

Some of the site rules were not enforced as others so watch out for the site football matches

We did find this a good site although, the pitches were big and well sized, the shop looks well stocked with bits, the site owners seemed pleasant enough and its nicely located in a good area to explore around. There is some noise from the motorway but its not that bad

'Woody' is an interesting item for the site. He is a fox that appears and has been known to remove articles from pitches for his personal collection such as shoes / flip flops etc. There are warnings up asking not to feed him or thrown food out and to advise the site if he is seen.

We didn't see hear but we heard him ! he is quite noisy

There is a well thought out play area for the kids with the soft landing material and what appeared to be soft bark type which helps avoid those grazed knees and subsequent tears

There is an interesting walk around the top of the quarry which overlooks the campsite

The curry delivered to the site was really nice as well and within walking distance is a pub and chinese as well

This is a good value for money site that is in an old quarry, the owners have done some good work on it and its on the way up. One or two little bits and it has the potential to be an excellent campsite.

The big question then is would we go back, we think so

Reviewer: Ddmjackson 1 review from this member

We made our first trip in our new caravan over the bank holiday weekend and chose the site at Gate House Wood as it had pretty good write ups. Access to the site was easy to negotiate and we were happy with the initial 'look' of the site - tidy and well kept.

After booking in, the owner, Dave, guided us to our pitch. He then helped me get the new van into our pitch by giving some directions (welcome for a new caravan owner).

The pitch itself was more than ample for us and was clearly marked out. The site itself is set in a deep bowl, well sheltered from the wind.

The play area in the centre of the camping area enabled us to keep an eye on our 6 yr old without 'cramping her style' with her new friends.

Other points worth noting were that the toilet/shower block was one of the cleanest we have experienced in the UK and the other facilities such as the EHU, waste disposal and shop all met our needs.

As I mentioned before, this was the first time we had used our new van and was an opportunity to test all the new gadgets, etc. Dave was really helpful with a couple of teething problems on the van, even to the point of finding me a couple of waste pipes from his garage so that I could test and use the wastemaster.

All in all a good weekend (even though the weather was pants) and we even managed to fit in a Chinese lunch buffet at Mings, which was a 10 min walk from the campsite.

Keep up the good work

Reviewer: Unibrow123 4 reviews from this member

I decided only last minute to have a couple of nights away with just myself and my daughter over the bank holiday weekend. Firstly to get out of London for a couple of days into the fresh country air but also to give my wife a bit of time to herself. Being the easter bank holiday weekend I did not expect many sites to have vacant pitches.

After speaking to a very nice and helpful lady over the phone she assured me they would have pitch ready for me within the hour. Just a short drive from where I live I arrived and was very happy with what I saw.

Not the biggest of sites but perfectly situated in the middle of what I think was a disused quarry, surrounded by trees and shrub land it is ideal.

Very clean and tidy reception and equally clean and tidy shower blocks all within easy walking distance from your unit.

The lady at reception who I believe to be the owner was very polite and helpful and even assisted me back my caravan into the appropriate space.

After little more then 20 minutes my young daughter of only 4 had made friends with the other children on site and she was gone for most the day. Being surrounded by steep hillsides I felt very happy to let my daughter run off and play as I felt the site was very secure.

I would definitely stay at this site again and would say it ideal more for families and less for the older folk who want quiet child free zones.

Date of Visit: March 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Allun13 14 reviews from this member

This was a 'first of the year to check out our new bits we've bought trip'

We decided to use Gate House Wood Touring Park as the reviews have praised it and it's only 35 Mins from home.

Also it looked just the type of site we like - basically in a Forest!

We were met by one of the owners and shown to our pitch. He was very charming and informed us of the do's and don'ts.

The electric Hook up was a fair way from the tent and we did struggle with it reaching. Make sure the hookup is within reasonable reach or you'll be on Batteries.

There is a well stocked shop and the Toilets/Shower Block were absolutely immaculate. Washing up facilities are first class and it has washer, driers Ironing board and iron etc.

Make sure you are off site by 1pm as the owners are at lunch from 1-2 and you will have to wait for your 10 deposit return on the the barrier Key.

A very good site.

Date of Visit: October 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Kevin Fear 11 reviews from this member

Just returned from this site having spent 2 nights there with our RV style motor-home and must say we were very impressed.

The owners could not have been more helpful in siting our large camper (9. 5m) on a very firm pitch overlooking the site. Easy access from the M20/M26 and a very convenient stopover for Dover/Folkestone.

The facilities were both modern and very clean; there is also access to clothes washing facilities should you require them. 2 pubs/restaurants within easy walking distance.

Motor-home dump station is a welcome addition and even has the proper connection for the RV sewer hose! On site shop selling all essentials and more (Cumberland sausages are great!)

Childrens play area ideally located in the centre of the park. Would happily recommend this site and hope to visit again.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cogger61 2 reviews from this member

What a lovely site! We have stayed at this site several times now and we all love it. My husband and I and our two daughters aged 2 and 6 years. The owners of the site, Karen and Dave are really helpful and friendly. The shop is well equiped, you can even order fresh crossants for your breakfast! The shower block is extremely clean and very well maintained. The play area is fantastic, ours kids love it and it is checked daily for safety. It is a very friendly site. We recommend it to anyone who wants a lovely holiday with or without children. There are various takeaways in the local area and a co-op a few miles away which stocks everything you could need for your weekly shop. Thank you Karen and Dave. See you again soon.

Previous     76 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Kent   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

1967 Visitors online !

UKCampsite.co.uk

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 120 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Open Today's Window