Visitor Reviews - Brynawelon Caravan And Camping Park

Brynawelon Caravan And Camping Park
Sarnau
Llandysul
Ceredigion   (Browse area)
SA44 6RE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m   10m  1m  1m

Reviews:  64 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Campanula 5 reviews from this member

Small very well run site with excellent and spotless facilities. The site is divided into two fields - one seemed to be mainly seasonal pitches for caravans, the other a mixture of tents and caravans, with edge pitches used first.

The toilet block has 2 toilets, 2 rooms with toilet, shower and basin, 2 showers, and 2 basins not in cubicles (each, male and female), plus a separate disabled shower/toilet room with a baby bath.

Showers are the push button type with no temperature adjustment, but one push seemed to last a while so you're not constantly having to press it again. Never had to queue but this might happen if the site is busy, especially as the basins not in cubicles are small and a bit cramped so people would use the 'bathrooms' to clean teeth.

There was a general shortage of hooks and shelves, and no stools in the shower cubicles: however, they were experimenting with more hooks while we were there so this may be sorted now!

The 'kitchen' had 2 washing up sinks, 1 laundry sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and spin dryer, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle and a table and chairs. Really it could have done with no fridge and 2 freezers: the freezer seemed from the contents to contain quite a lot of stuff from the seasonal caravan users, so there was not much room for iceblocks, whilst the fridge was empty.

The playground is well equipped and well-used - this meant that it was quite noisy during the early evening, but the children all got called back to their tents/caravans at about 9. 30pm and the quiet times were always observed.

The pitches themselves felt very regimented: there's only one possible place to put the tent, and you do not have a choice of which pitch. I wasn't totally convinced about the 'all-weather pitches': this means that the tent had to be pitched on a square of pea gravel.

Although this was good in rain, I'm not sure how we would have faired in windy weather - the tent pegs didn't seem very secure in it, and I made sure all the guy ropes were pegged outside the gravel area (this might not be possible for a smaller tent).

Reviewer: Shirley56 1 review from this member

I have just returned home after my second visit to Brynawelon. This is a lovely site where the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The toilet/shower block is spotless. The kitchen/laundry facilities are also very clean. The dog exercise area is a bit small, but is useful for stretching their legs first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Everyone was dog-friendly, and it was only a few minutes' drive to the beaches, many of which allow dogs.

I was on the camping/touring field and the pitches were large. Last year I had an all-weather pitch which was wonderful when it rained. There was no damp grass to contend with as the rain had soaked away. I would certainly use these pitches again. Electric hook-ups were available for each pitch although I didn't use them. Barbecues were allowed, off the ground.

I was with a large party of friends and dogs, and I can't wait for next years' trip to this fabulous site.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chris.rawcliffe 2 reviews from this member

The site is well maintained and well equiped for a great experience. The toilet block is clean and more than adequate for the size of site. The pitches are enough for caravan, awning and car.

The local beaches are superb, Aberporth and LLangranog both used on numerous occasions, the most impressive would be Mwnt beach which we spent a day there dolphin spotting and didn't come away disapointed.

The Blue Lagoon swim centre is only 40 mins away and well worth a visit on a rainy day.

Overall campsite one of the better ones we have stayed at and would definitely return to both the site and the area.

Reviewer: Scubabe 2 reviews from this member

An absolutely phenomenal campsite that we have been to before and will continue to visit in the future. The owners, Liz & Paul, are the friendliest campsite owners I have ever met and really made our group feel welcome.

We booked as a large group and all of us had at least one dog, the site is very dog friendly with an off-lead area for first & last 'walkies'.

The loo/shower block was always clean and warm and well-lit and smelt fresh. There are a couple of shower rooms which have a loo & sink in them so good for families, then there's 2 separate loos and 2

separate showers as well.The laundry & dishwashing room is brilliant, we had to wash some towels which were washed & dried quickly (though bring your own detergent as I couldn't find any in the room), and there is a fridge and a freezer for campers to store items in. Also a kettle and toaster and microwave I think (I didn't use them but I think others did). I had EHU on my pitch so didn't need to use many of the site facilities but it has everything you could want.

The site is happy for you to have BBQs and campfires as long as they are off the ground, so my BBQ and my firepit both had a good workout. As we were in a large group, Liz kindly had us all pitch in a group and then we had a 'spare' pitch in the middle where we could all gravitate to at mealtimes and sit / cook / eat / natter together with the dogs etc, a very good touch as we weren't annoying any of our neighbours either!

The all-weather pitches are fantastic, the pea-gravel is very small and surprisingly comfortable! I had a footprint groundsheet then my tent (Outwell Virginia 5) then a carpet, and I couldn't tell I was pitched on pea gravel, if I didn't know it I'd have just assumed it was grass. I wish all campsites had these, they are fabulous for the often wet UK weather and meant I didn't have to pitch on mud - also meant that I could pick up my footprint at the end of the weekend and pop it straight in the car, no brushing mud or grass off it. There was plenty of room at the side of the gravel part for me to park the car, store the trailer, pitch a kitchen tent, and stake the dogs out.

There are loads of dog-friendly beaches nearby, and we went to some castles and did some lovely river-walks as well. The only reason I am rating it 9/10 instead of 10/10 is because I prefer adults only campsites, if this was AO then it would be 10/10 :)

There's a fantastic farm shop up the road which gives a discount to campers, they sell amazing Barra Brith! Oh, and there's a good pub down the road, the New Inn which serves amazing food

A beautiful part of Wales and a fab campsite that I can't help returning to, time after time! We will absolutely be back again next year

Reviewer: Goofy160zr 3 reviews from this member

Just a quick note to say this camp site will be added to our return list, Very well maintained site with adequate space for the larger camper needs for space with extra awnings, without any additional charge!

Shower blocks first class and cleaned on a regular basis. Site team helped all our needs without any fuss and bother, moved our large group around so we could be all together to make our weekend. A lot of beaches within the area to visit that are of a very high standard.

Main points not covered above:

Kids play area Basic but made our little ones happy and gave us the freetime required,our pitch was in eyes view of the play area at all times.

Space of pitch was well above the average, approx 48m2 each location and when you book three locations at the same time you are never short of space.

Only heard the Cockerel once! for an early morning wake up.

Bit Windy this weekend and caused a few problems with the tent, however did speak with a few of the locals and this is not the normal forecast for the location.

When yo turn up on the site and book an hair cut for the following morning you cant ask for anymore. Probably more to me given from this site, however we made prior plans and only used this as a base for our first visit.

Overall this site standards was well above any previous camp site that I have previously stayed on!

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chris1969 1 review from this member

Fantastic relaxed site away from it all. Toilet block spotless. Wardens and owners very helpful

Penbryn, Tresaith and Aberporth beaches all nearby and superb.

Only snag was the next farms Cockerel 20mts from the tent, take earplugs! wont stop me returning.

Previous     64 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ceredigion   -   Search for a site

Win a BUZZ RACK Buffalo 4 Bike Tilting Carrier Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Benington Chilli Festival, Hertfordshire 29 31st August
Celebrate all things chilli in the hidden gem of a garden at historic Benington Lordship.