Visitor Reviews - Brynawelon Caravan And Camping Park

Brynawelon Caravan And Camping Park
Sarnau
Llandysul
Ceredigion   (Browse area)
SA44 6RE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m   10m  1m  1m

Reviews:  62 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chris.rawcliffe 2 reviews from this member

The site is well maintained and well equiped for a great experience. The toilet block is clean and more than adequate for the size of site. The pitches are enough for caravan, awning and car.

The local beaches are superb, Aberporth and LLangranog both used on numerous occasions, the most impressive would be Mwnt beach which we spent a day there dolphin spotting and didn't come away disapointed.

The Blue Lagoon swim centre is only 40 mins away and well worth a visit on a rainy day.

Overall campsite one of the better ones we have stayed at and would definitely return to both the site and the area.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scubabe 2 reviews from this member

An absolutely phenomenal campsite that we have been to before and will continue to visit in the future. The owners, Liz & Paul, are the friendliest campsite owners I have ever met and really made our group feel welcome.

We booked as a large group and all of us had at least one dog, the site is very dog friendly with an off-lead area for first & last 'walkies'.

The loo/shower block was always clean and warm and well-lit and smelt fresh. There are a couple of shower rooms which have a loo & sink in them so good for families, then there's 2 separate loos and 2

separate showers as well.The laundry & dishwashing room is brilliant, we had to wash some towels which were washed & dried quickly (though bring your own detergent as I couldn't find any in the room), and there is a fridge and a freezer for campers to store items in. Also a kettle and toaster and microwave I think (I didn't use them but I think others did). I had EHU on my pitch so didn't need to use many of the site facilities but it has everything you could want.

The site is happy for you to have BBQs and campfires as long as they are off the ground, so my BBQ and my firepit both had a good workout. As we were in a large group, Liz kindly had us all pitch in a group and then we had a 'spare' pitch in the middle where we could all gravitate to at mealtimes and sit / cook / eat / natter together with the dogs etc, a very good touch as we weren't annoying any of our neighbours either!

The all-weather pitches are fantastic, the pea-gravel is very small and surprisingly comfortable! I had a footprint groundsheet then my tent (Outwell Virginia 5) then a carpet, and I couldn't tell I was pitched on pea gravel, if I didn't know it I'd have just assumed it was grass. I wish all campsites had these, they are fabulous for the often wet UK weather and meant I didn't have to pitch on mud - also meant that I could pick up my footprint at the end of the weekend and pop it straight in the car, no brushing mud or grass off it. There was plenty of room at the side of the gravel part for me to park the car, store the trailer, pitch a kitchen tent, and stake the dogs out.

There are loads of dog-friendly beaches nearby, and we went to some castles and did some lovely river-walks as well. The only reason I am rating it 9/10 instead of 10/10 is because I prefer adults only campsites, if this was AO then it would be 10/10 :)

There's a fantastic farm shop up the road which gives a discount to campers, they sell amazing Barra Brith! Oh, and there's a good pub down the road, the New Inn which serves amazing food

A beautiful part of Wales and a fab campsite that I can't help returning to, time after time! We will absolutely be back again next year

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Goofy160zr 3 reviews from this member

Just a quick note to say this camp site will be added to our return list, Very well maintained site with adequate space for the larger camper needs for space with extra awnings, without any additional charge!

Shower blocks first class and cleaned on a regular basis. Site team helped all our needs without any fuss and bother, moved our large group around so we could be all together to make our weekend. A lot of beaches within the area to visit that are of a very high standard.

Main points not covered above:

Kids play area Basic but made our little ones happy and gave us the freetime required,our pitch was in eyes view of the play area at all times.

Space of pitch was well above the average, approx 48m2 each location and when you book three locations at the same time you are never short of space.

Only heard the Cockerel once! for an early morning wake up.

Bit Windy this weekend and caused a few problems with the tent, however did speak with a few of the locals and this is not the normal forecast for the location.

When yo turn up on the site and book an hair cut for the following morning you cant ask for anymore. Probably more to me given from this site, however we made prior plans and only used this as a base for our first visit.

Overall this site standards was well above any previous camp site that I have previously stayed on!

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Chris1969 1 review from this member

Fantastic relaxed site away from it all. Toilet block spotless. Wardens and owners very helpful

Penbryn, Tresaith and Aberporth beaches all nearby and superb.

Only snag was the next farms Cockerel 20mts from the tent, take earplugs! wont stop me returning.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Urby 5 reviews from this member

Went here Easter, rang up night before as we were struggling to find somewhere. We didn't know what to expect. Thought the place was great, good facilities, friendly and very quiet.

Plenty of space more than enough for typical unit. A good place to take the dog. Pembryn beach a must, take the dog and bbq

Thought the staff were really helpful, saw the warden pitch next doors tourer as they couldn't reverse or level to save their life and the price is reasonable. One charge no extras for this that and the other!

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cellar-dweller 4 reviews from this member

Just got back from this lovely (i mean very lovely) camp site, this site is very well laid out with fantastic facilities including fridge, freezer, toaster and microwave. The shower and toilet blocks are the cleaniest we have ever come across, and the best standard! The wardens are very helpful and the owners very friendly.

There is also a sauna (didn't try it due to the kids but would be nice for couple etc) The area is stunning with three lovely beaches within a few miles.

There is a nice children's play area, fenced off to keep the little ones safe, although almost a full site it was always very quite.

Was told by the owner that May is a good month for sun so we plan to re-visit then.

Thank you to wardens and owners - see you in May 2011

Previous     62 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ceredigion   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers