Visitor Reviews - Brynawelon Caravan And Camping Park

Brynawelon Caravan And Camping Park
Sarnau
Llandysul
Ceredigion   (Browse area)
SA44 6RE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  5m  10m  5m  5m   10m  1m  1m

Reviews:  66 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jssuckling 2 reviews from this member

I have just returned home from this site, I couldn't fault anything about this site, the people were friendly and nothing was too much trouble,

I must say the shower facilities were the cleanest and nicest I have found, there was a kitchen area with sinks laundry facilities kettle toaster microwave and iron, this is more than anyone would expect when camping,

They had a small games room for the children and even a sauna on site,

There is so much to see and do in the area I would recommend a trip to New Quay the beach is fantastic and the town is so pretty, cardigan farm was fascistic for the kids and we even got to see the seals that live off the coast there.

Overall I would recommend this site, and I will be returning soon.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Tluker 7 reviews from this member

Found this site by accident, what a good find.

Beautifully clean toilets and showers. Peaceful location and helpful staff.

It is a small site very well maintained and clean.

Need to be well prepared as there are no shops close by although there is a garage a few miles away with a small shop attached.

Great views of the area from all round the site. A well stocked book swap in the reception area.

Only stayed one night but would return for a much longer stay to explore more of the area.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Campanula 5 reviews from this member

Small very well run site with excellent and spotless facilities. The site is divided into two fields - one seemed to be mainly seasonal pitches for caravans, the other a mixture of tents and caravans, with edge pitches used first.

The toilet block has 2 toilets, 2 rooms with toilet, shower and basin, 2 showers, and 2 basins not in cubicles (each, male and female), plus a separate disabled shower/toilet room with a baby bath.

Showers are the push button type with no temperature adjustment, but one push seemed to last a while so you're not constantly having to press it again. Never had to queue but this might happen if the site is busy, especially as the basins not in cubicles are small and a bit cramped so people would use the 'bathrooms' to clean teeth.

There was a general shortage of hooks and shelves, and no stools in the shower cubicles: however, they were experimenting with more hooks while we were there so this may be sorted now!

The 'kitchen' had 2 washing up sinks, 1 laundry sink, washing machine, tumble dryer and spin dryer, fridge, freezer, microwave, kettle and a table and chairs. Really it could have done with no fridge and 2 freezers: the freezer seemed from the contents to contain quite a lot of stuff from the seasonal caravan users, so there was not much room for iceblocks, whilst the fridge was empty.

The playground is well equipped and well-used - this meant that it was quite noisy during the early evening, but the children all got called back to their tents/caravans at about 9. 30pm and the quiet times were always observed.

The pitches themselves felt very regimented: there's only one possible place to put the tent, and you do not have a choice of which pitch. I wasn't totally convinced about the 'all-weather pitches': this means that the tent had to be pitched on a square of pea gravel.

Although this was good in rain, I'm not sure how we would have faired in windy weather - the tent pegs didn't seem very secure in it, and I made sure all the guy ropes were pegged outside the gravel area (this might not be possible for a smaller tent).

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Shirley56 1 review from this member

I have just returned home after my second visit to Brynawelon. This is a lovely site where the staff are very friendly and helpful.

The toilet/shower block is spotless. The kitchen/laundry facilities are also very clean. The dog exercise area is a bit small, but is useful for stretching their legs first thing in the morning and last thing at night. Everyone was dog-friendly, and it was only a few minutes' drive to the beaches, many of which allow dogs.

I was on the camping/touring field and the pitches were large. Last year I had an all-weather pitch which was wonderful when it rained. There was no damp grass to contend with as the rain had soaked away. I would certainly use these pitches again. Electric hook-ups were available for each pitch although I didn't use them. Barbecues were allowed, off the ground.

I was with a large party of friends and dogs, and I can't wait for next years' trip to this fabulous site.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Chris.rawcliffe 2 reviews from this member

The site is well maintained and well equiped for a great experience. The toilet block is clean and more than adequate for the size of site. The pitches are enough for caravan, awning and car.

The local beaches are superb, Aberporth and LLangranog both used on numerous occasions, the most impressive would be Mwnt beach which we spent a day there dolphin spotting and didn't come away disapointed.

The Blue Lagoon swim centre is only 40 mins away and well worth a visit on a rainy day.

Overall campsite one of the better ones we have stayed at and would definitely return to both the site and the area.

Date of Visit: May 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Scubabe 2 reviews from this member

An absolutely phenomenal campsite that we have been to before and will continue to visit in the future. The owners, Liz & Paul, are the friendliest campsite owners I have ever met and really made our group feel welcome.

We booked as a large group and all of us had at least one dog, the site is very dog friendly with an off-lead area for first & last 'walkies'.

The loo/shower block was always clean and warm and well-lit and smelt fresh. There are a couple of shower rooms which have a loo & sink in them so good for families, then there's 2 separate loos and 2

separate showers as well.The laundry & dishwashing room is brilliant, we had to wash some towels which were washed & dried quickly (though bring your own detergent as I couldn't find any in the room), and there is a fridge and a freezer for campers to store items in. Also a kettle and toaster and microwave I think (I didn't use them but I think others did). I had EHU on my pitch so didn't need to use many of the site facilities but it has everything you could want.

The site is happy for you to have BBQs and campfires as long as they are off the ground, so my BBQ and my firepit both had a good workout. As we were in a large group, Liz kindly had us all pitch in a group and then we had a 'spare' pitch in the middle where we could all gravitate to at mealtimes and sit / cook / eat / natter together with the dogs etc, a very good touch as we weren't annoying any of our neighbours either!

The all-weather pitches are fantastic, the pea-gravel is very small and surprisingly comfortable! I had a footprint groundsheet then my tent (Outwell Virginia 5) then a carpet, and I couldn't tell I was pitched on pea gravel, if I didn't know it I'd have just assumed it was grass. I wish all campsites had these, they are fabulous for the often wet UK weather and meant I didn't have to pitch on mud - also meant that I could pick up my footprint at the end of the weekend and pop it straight in the car, no brushing mud or grass off it. There was plenty of room at the side of the gravel part for me to park the car, store the trailer, pitch a kitchen tent, and stake the dogs out.

There are loads of dog-friendly beaches nearby, and we went to some castles and did some lovely river-walks as well. The only reason I am rating it 9/10 instead of 10/10 is because I prefer adults only campsites, if this was AO then it would be 10/10 :)

There's a fantastic farm shop up the road which gives a discount to campers, they sell amazing Barra Brith! Oh, and there's a good pub down the road, the New Inn which serves amazing food

A beautiful part of Wales and a fab campsite that I can't help returning to, time after time! We will absolutely be back again next year

Previous     66 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Ceredigion   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Mains Package Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally in Derbyshire - 1st to 4th July
An amazing fun weekend for all the family. Plus you can camp on site from Friday to Monday. Find out more and download the booking form

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016