Visitor Reviews - Drumroamin Farm Camping & Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Dumfries and Galloway > Site Reviews

Drumroamin Farm Camping & Caravan Site
1 South Balfern
Kirkinner
Newton Stewart
Dumfries and Galloway   (Browse area)
DG8 9DB   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01988 840613

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  93 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Smithchris 3 reviews from this member

Lovely site, very clean and tidy, Lesley was always cleaning the toilet block and empting the bins, she even went in and cleaned the toilets and showers last thing at night before going to bed, so they were always spotless what ever time you went in.

Entertainment; their was a games/t. V. Room, swings and slide etc at the far end of the field and near the toilet block their was a sand pit for the little ones, next to that was concrete with balls and a netball net, you could have a good holiday without leaving the site.

A lot of beautiful views and walks, in all a lovely area.

We will be going back their soon

The only thing is they share the same post code as the farm down the next lane, so the sat nav's may send you there as you come to that lane first, but we know that for next time

Reviewer: Rugbymanuk 4 reviews from this member

I spent a long weekend here with my parents. Owners could not have been more helpful with bookings, allowed my parents (with a caravan) and me (with a 3-man tent) to share a pitch.

Pitches here are the among the flattest I have ever seen. 10m wide and quite deep so no probs for us with the 2 units, an awning, 2 cars and a picnic table.

Facilities are first class - clean, well thought out, practical - clearly the owners of this site are proud of what they have and quite rightly so.

Plenty of electric hook ups, bins, water points.

Play area for children - well used! Good games room with book swap, video and dvd - very informal. Surrounded by animals on all sides of the site - about 1 mile from the road - so blissfully quiet and traffic-noise free. Lovely views of the hills in the distance - and the sea nearby.

No shop on site - but plenty in the area. Fridge for freezing your ice blocks, ironing board, iron, washer, drier - all Dishwashing area (fairy liquid and a scrubber included).

Excellent - will def return again.

Reviewer: HamiltonFamily 3 reviews from this member

I visited this site for 2 nights with my kids aged 13 and 8 & our dog.

This was my first time camping and I only did it after a nagging from the children who had camped before with their uncle.

I chose this site after reading the reviews here and I made a wise choice.

The site is situated near the coast with fields with livestock on both sides.

All the pitches appear to be flat and well spaced out.

The site was surprisingly quiet for the time of year and we had the pick of most of the pitches with only about 6 taken on our arrival.

As others have said, the facilities on site are very good. The block containing toilets, showers and laundry is quite new and in excellent spotless condition. There is also a pool table and tv/dvd/vcr.

At the far end of the camp there is a children's play area with swings and monkey bars.

We spent our time walking with the dog. You can walk from the camp along to an RSPB reserve on the coast then onto Wigtown harbour. There is also a forest at the top of the road with marked trails. We also visited the beach at Rigg Bay which is clean by UK standards.

One night we fancied fish and chips and headed into Wigtown, where I assumed there would be a chippy, wrong ! There wasn't any take aways at all and only a small Co-Op. Strange for a small town which boasts 7 bookshops.

Make sure you have plenty of supplies with you as the nearest place to stock up is Newton Stewart which is a good 24 mile round trip.

My first camping experience has been a good one due to the quality of this site and the wonderful weather.

Reviewer: Emd73 1 review from this member

My partner and I had a lovely stay here.

Lesley gave us a very warm welcome and showed us all the facilities on our arrival. The toilet and shower block were immaculately clean and remained so for the three nights we stayed. As much free hot water in the shower as you need. A family bathroom was also available.

There was a lovely washing up area, (even providing washing-up liquid and dishclothes) with a freezer for iceblocks and free icecubes. A washing machine, tumble dryer, iron + hairdryer were also available.

We didn't take advantage of the children's play area or lounge/games room.

I'd recommend this sight to anyone, lovely views and plenty of peace and quiet.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: William1961 2 reviews from this member

I would have to say I was very pleased by the attention to cleaning in all the facilities the showers were well thought out and the dish washing facility was excellent.

The owner was very helpful and showed me around the site and the facility, nothing was to much bother and the atmosphere was relaxing. I would recommend this site to family's and single persons alike.

The location of Drumroamin is off the main road and can be easily missed if you don't pay attention to the road sign my sat nav took me down a farm track so be wary, otherwise no problems.

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Brian + Deb 5 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 2 nights at this site and agree with everything that has been said, it is a wonderful site. The shower rooms are of such a high standard they would not look out of place in a hotel.

Everyone seems to be catered for and there was a wide selection of people on site, mostly tents with an assortment of ages. The pool/TV room is a great asset if the weather is not too favourable, fortunately we had amazing weather so that was a bonus.

The views from the site and in the surrounding area are fabulous. We walked to the RSBP reserve and along the estuary to Wigtown harbour on the recommendation of the owner and we were not disappointed.

The owners are really friendly and extremely helpful. A fab site, you will not be disappointed.

Previous     93 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dumfries and Galloway   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more