Visitor Reviews - 5 Ways Lakes Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Warwickshire > Site Reviews

5 Ways Lakes Caravan And Camping Park
Coventry Road
Wolvey
Hinckley
Warwickshire   (Browse area)
LE10 3HF   See Map
Tel: 01455 882961  or  07800831938
Check Digital TV coverage    See Weather Forecast

This site has an availability calendar. You can check for availability here

Pitches: 30 Pitches

Fishing On Site   Wild Swimming   Indoor Pool <5 miles   Outdoor Pool
 Horse Riding <5 miles   Cycle Hire   Golf <1 mile   Tennis <1 mile
 Beach   Watersports <10 miles   Boat Launch / Mooring <5 miles
 Waterside Location   Dog Walk   Public Transport <1 mile

Reviews:  41 in total, now showing 31 to 36                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Vfrsmiley 2 reviews from this member

Just spent two nights at this site starting on Good Friday, the glorious Easter weekend.

Pitched in the rally field which was level, quiet, and the lakes which were well stocked with fish were only a minute away. Not that I fish.

A couple of negatives were that the new toilet block which earlier reviews speak about is still not finished, so you are stepping out of the shower on to a dusty concrete floor as there were no boards or anything like that to stand on. You cannot wash up there either, but the water was hot and free!

The other negative was that on a Bank holiday weekend, the only bin which is next to the Cafe was overflowing and bags were scattered around it by early Saturday evening, which would no doubt encourage vermin.

Overall an 'up and coming' basic site that is good value and has plenty of space. Oh and ice creams were only 50p!

Date of Visit: March 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andy and tracy 1 review from this member

Spent just 1 night here, but wish it could have been more. Lovely quiet site, very relaxed and friendly owners. They have almost completed the toilet/shower block rebuild (should be complete in a couple of weeks). The shower is free while the rebuild is on going. There is also a cafe where you can get a breakfast. Nice level pitches separated by small conifer/fir type trees to give you that feeling of having your own area. Funny to watch the chickens roaming around the site, as they all have their own personality. We will be back !

Date of Visit: February 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Robrome1 1 review from this member

Just had 4 days here very pleasant site very quiet and peaceful, a bit on the wet side but then again it was Feb/march. Will be going again. Staff rebuilding toilet and shower block, should be ready very soon but the set up they do have is very clean and tidy. Staff very friendly and helpful, just watch for the white cockerel when you are fishing as he likes top kits from poles lol

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Jaysere03 1 review from this member

While looking in the Leicestershire area for good cheap caravan park I stumbled across this one. Very very friendly owners Paul and Karen welcomed me on site walked me around to show me everything that I may need to know, this site had everything that I needed most importantly the peace and quiet I needed.

I booked in for 2 nights and during day one booked an extra two days and even considering another two days.

The site is split in to separate area's all offering privacy and space the nothing to do bit as I don't fish was just what I needed. I walked, I sat doing nothing, ate and slept, even had time to fix a few things on caravan.

The toilet block is basic but serves its purpose.As does the showers .20p for 5 mins 40p is more than enough unless you want to stay in all day.

This really is a perfect location and even though there are plenty of kids staying on site I've not been disturbed once. I will be using this site lots in the future

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Happyhippy 10 reviews from this member

We stayed here during the Godiva festival weekend in Coventry. It is approx 20-30 minutes away from Coventry town centre and in easy access of other cities due to proximity of motorways.

The site was divided into an area for tents which was opposite the fishing lakes and an area for caravans which was very close to the entrance. The weekend we stayed there were not many tents there poss 5-6 and so we were spaced quite far apart from everyone, it was lovely and quiet and the walks around the lake for our elderly dog were perfect! They were having 'fish off's' the weekend we were there and so there were fishermen arriving at about 8am but they in no way awoke us or disturbed us. As it is primarily a fishing site the small shop/cafe on site sold mostly bait and bacon sandwiches :)

There were 2 toilets and showers for females (one beig disabled accessible) and one for the fellas. The showers were 20pence for 5 minutes and charging is an excellent way to be green as they are on a water meter and request water is not wasted. 40pence was more than enough to get the shampoo out of my hair which is pretty long, and have time left over!

Also for those who care the showers were nice and powerful! As previous reviews have said the facilities are somewhat basic, but this was right up our street :) I never had to queue for a toilet or shower even though there were several other women on site. I imagine most people in caravans had their own facilities anyway so these were more for the fishermans and campers I think!

The owners were really friendly. I was somewhat wary about bringing our dog as a previous review said that their dogs had roamed free around the site. However we found that their dogs were always on leads and apart from once did not see any dog poo around the site. The site was clean and apart from one lot of people everyone operated by a 'leave no trace' policy!

It was a short drive to the nearest village where there were a couple of pubs, which we did not try. The post office was also a second hand book store and a mini shop, with a mishmash of consumables on sale.

I think this is one of the nicer sites I have stayed on. It was peaceful and the surrounding countryside beautiful. There were a couple of hens and cats down by the reception giving it a nice rural feel.

There were very few children on site possibly due to the lack of play areas / facilities and although this was right up our street, others with children might want to consider this. The cost for 2 adults and a dog in a 4 man tent for 2 nights was 24 which we thought a pretty good bargain. On the second day of the festival we didn't even bother going but just hung out on the site and relaxed

Date of Visit: September 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Funkyclown 1 review from this member

I have to agree with the comments from Gareth. For the money this site is great. Firstly the site owners are very friendly. As has been said they don't chase for money. I paid mine 4 days late with no bother. The pitches are clean and tidy and well laid out. There is currently no hard standing but that is a minor niggle. The facilities are housed in a standard breeze block building with no frills. But they do the job just fine so no complaints from me. The showers are nice and hot with shampoo and soap provided. The toilets and sinks are clean and well looked after.

This is my first 3 week plus stay at a site and I couldn't have chose a better place to start. There is plenty of space and is very child friendly. I highly recommend this site.

Previous     41 Reviews in total, now showing 31 to 36      Next

Write your own Review to win a 150 Amazon Voucher!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Warwickshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Colibri Lux Sleeping Bag and Sim Bundle worth over 270 Win East Anglian Game & Country Fair Camping Weekend Tickets!

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game and Country Fair 28 to 29 April
Thetford. Weekend Camping available. Plus win tickets in our competition ...more