Visitor Reviews - Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Karrageen Caravan & Camping Park
Bolberry
Malborough
Kingsbridge
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ7 3EN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m   1m  5m  5m  5m  5m   10m  1m

Open: April To September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  65 in total, now showing 37 to 42                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2009 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Pendleton_girl 21 reviews from this member

This was a nice site and the owners very friendly. It is a 15/20 minutes up and down walk to Hope cove; children (and adults weighted down with a cider ballast) may find the return journey a bit tiring! We had a couple of drinks at the pub but didn't try the food on this occasion.

The site itself is nicely laid out; the pitch was pleasant and levelled out on the sloping field, and the views were pleasant. The shop was well stocked and the site did hot take away food in the evenings although again, we did not try this as we had our own food. There was local information posted on the wall in the washing up area with lots of attraction leaflets; an OS map of the immediate area with paths, walks etc. Would be handy. There were plenty of facilities including a public telephone - vital as there was no signal on my mobile here.

We paid 16 for our pitch (we didn't have electric), this was at the top end of what I like to pay, but this being Devon in July I could live with it. I then realised when being handed my change that we would need 20p for the shower. Now, anyone who reads my reviews will know I do not like paying extra for showers on top of the pitch fee, but it was a nice sunny evening and I was in a good mood, so I decided to let it pass. But then.

Firstly, upon reaching the shower I found that my 20p only gave me TWO minutes of hot water, usually for 20p you can expect at least twice that and many sites you get as much as six minutes or more. I felt two minutes was rather stingy and I was not best pleased, and then.

The final straw was when, having eaten a really nice meal in our van and I strolled over to wash up and found that if I wanted hot water to wash up I had to pay another 20p! This has never happened to us at any other campsite, and unfortunately it soured the experience of camping here, and is sufficient to put me off returning. I do not feel it is acceptable to pay extra again to wash up properly. My neighbour at the next sink agreed and we both washed up with cold water.

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Carolineforbes 1 review from this member

What a fantastic site! the best one I have stayed at in Devon! I went with my 3 children whilst my husband stayed at work and the relaxing family friendly site made it most enjoyable for me! We had food every night which was delicious and they had a great selection of wines in the shop!
The facilities were very clean and I loved having a fresh spring water shower every morning! I cant agree with previous reviews about the toilet facilities- I thought they were immaculate and very well equipped. Everyone on site was so friendly, my 3 boys played cricket with lots of other children every evening whilst I sipped on my wine! a thoroughly enjoyable week, I have even booked for the summer!

Date of Visit: May 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sushisu 2 reviews from this member

Site has great views and very close to Hope Cove which is beautiful and brilliant for kayaking but if you are towing a caravan- find somewhere else. The lanes you have to negotiate are very narrow and if you meet something else towing from the opposite direction I don't know what you would be able to do(one twin axle caravan arrived with his back lights smashed and his awning rail hanging off back of van). We met cars and it was very difficult in parts to pass.Very stressful.

Toilets basic and quite a walk for some pitches and you have to remember to save your 20p coins for the showers.

Date of Visit: April 2009 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Malnmag 1 review from this member

The location of this site is fantastic, being a lovely stroll down to Hope Cove or along the coastal paths.

The grass pitch itself was level with plenty of room for the full size awning and we were helped by the friendly owner.

However, the whole site suffered from power cuts during two of the 4 days we were there. When we asked what was wrong, we were told by the owners wife that the site was full and everyone was using their electrics

Shower/toilet blocks were as mentioned in other reviews - tired and in need of updating.

There was no dog walking facilities or dog bins (that we could find).

Overall, a great location but beware of the sites limitations.

Date of Visit: August 2008 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Dee196 7 reviews from this member

We found that this site was well managed and with personal attention from the owner. The pitches were well looked after and shelter from wind by tree lined pitches. The shop was adequate and the take aways from the kitchen were very good as we had take aways several times to save cooking ourselves as the weather was a little wet and drainage of the pitches was quite good.

We found that being a dog friendly site it was a little disappointing that we had to exercise our dog off site which meant walking around the very narrow lanes and was quite dangerous on some occasions and a lack of dog bins around.

The toilets although clean and adequate were a little out dated and could do with modernising the price of having a shower at 60 pence for 6 mins found to be a little steep.

Laundry and washing up facilities were also quite expensive. But all in all we found this site suitable for our type of camping quite and with good views and a good base to visit local beauty spots.

Date of Visit: July 2008 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mrmrscrew 13 reviews from this member

A really friendly site with level pitches, as others have mentioned the road is a little narrow but no problem to anyone with the correct skills to drive / tow. That said do not use a sat nav! The site give you directions, use them, if you don't you will be on a mystery tour of Devon like us!

The shop is in the house with reception and the walk up the hill will walk of the fresh croissants and baguettes baked there every day. Really great friendly owners, shown to our pitch personally. It rained and rained during our stay, it got a little muddy but no worse than anywhere else.

The toilets and showers were kept clean and are to a good standard but are very busy during peak season as there is only one block, queuing for a shower is one thing but for a loo is quite another! 20p for 2mins in the showers and for washing up water. The fact there is no kids play equipment is a bonus as all the kids on site make friends and their own fun. The site has a 10pm quiet rule which is generally kept and a dogs on leads at all times which is not! If you want a site full of facilities then its not for you, but its that that keeps it a great quiet site. A gem of a site, still kept how camp sites used to be!

Previous     65 Reviews in total, now showing 37 to 42      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!