Visitor Reviews - Burns Farm Caravan And Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North West > Lake District & Cumbria > Site Reviews

Burns Farm Caravan And Campsite
Burns Farm
St Johns In The Vale
(lake District)
Keswick
Cumbria   (Browse area)
CA12 4RR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 00 44 017687 79112  or  00 44 017687 79225

5m  1m  1m 5m  5m  5m  5m  1m   5m  5m  5m  1m  5m

Pitches: 32 Caravan
Open: March To November

Reviews:  103 in total, now showing 37 to 42                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wenham 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here last year the site is lovely the showers and toilets are spottless. The lady who runs it and all the people are really friendly. We will definitely be using this site again, we have a little dog and we went into keswick and most of the shops are dog friendly I was in a shoe shop and the man serving said to my husband bring her in which most of the shops let you take your dog in. There is the stone circle not far from the site which is worth a visit really nice views from here. The campsite was quite busy when we went but we didn't run into any problems during our stay

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: The LB 15 reviews from this member

Very good basic site good size pitches showers are clean and tidy. Owners very helpful the views are excellent with blencathra and skiddaw in full view.

No shop on site but threlkeld village about a mile away or keswick 3 miles away.

Excellent walking area done catbells and howtown to glenridding also walk to stone circle from site.

Good pubs in village and in keswick. Overall site and area spot on. Also no playground on site but kids always find things to do.

Site not big but big enough for me.

Went to grasmere for day very nice village with shops and bistros.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: GarethLooker 2 reviews from this member

This was my third time here which probably speaks volumes in itself! First two times in a tent, last time in a caravan (having seen the forecast for heavy rain!).

Good points:

1) Brilliant location - easy access to mountains and Keswick

2) Really nice landlady

3) Much more than adequate showers, toilets, bins, water and waste.

4) Wi-Fi available (10 for a week)

Not so good points:

1) Some pitches can get very wet after heavy rain. We suggested that our neighbours add some Koi carp and an ornamental fountain to the large pond that appeared overnight!

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wenmac 2 reviews from this member

Me and my husband have just stayed at this campsite. We really enjoyed it. The lady who greeted us was really friendly. The showers and toilets were really clean.

We took our little dog and we had no problems at all. The site is near keswick which we went to and we couldn't believe how friendly the shop keepers were you can even take your dog in most shops and quite a few shop had water for the dog outside.

We will be back to this site at some point in the future. There are cottages which you can rent and from the outside they look lovely

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Sara Jayne 1 review from this member

This was my first visit to this site, I chose this site as I was wanting electric hook up in the Keswick area.

After reading other reviews I felt quite positive about this site.

Driving to Burns farm was a breeze and very well signed posted, I parked myself up on site and crossed the road to the reception, knocking on the correct door for reception was a bit of a mission as the sign for reception wasn't very clear and I walked up some steps and disturbed a family relaxing. When I finally found who I needed to speak to they were very polite.

Once I had pitched my tent in very heavy rain, I had a wonder around the site, found the facilities to be very clean, I only ever went in the newer block where there are 3 showers and 3 toilets in the girls don't know about the mens. The dish washing area was undercover with plenty of hot water. I particularly liked the size of the camp site, being in my opinion quite small, was even better this weekend as it was quiet.

Loved the fact it was a working farm chickens wondering the campsite and the cows mooing in the sheds.

The location of the campsite was the ideal place to explore, with stone circle, Keswick climbing wall and the old Keswick train track all within walking distance not to mention access to the fells.

It was easy to pop into Keswick for any supplies needed.

The minor negatives about this campsite was the nettles were very overgrown around the electric hookups I got myself a few stings, also you are pulling out onto the road blind as you can not see down the road either side.

Overall I enjoyed my stay here and I plan to go back.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Soggies 1 review from this member

Just had a 2 night stay in our small tent - we had booked for 3, Wednesday-Friday night. On arrival we were met by Linda who was very friendly and the site was clean and welcoming.

We decided to pitch in the large camping field rather than the smaller pitches, as there was only 1 other tent in it at the time although another small group did pitch that day. We had a lovely 1st night - the facilities were clean with lovely free warm showers. There was a little noise from the A66 although nothing that really bothered us and we really enjoyed watching 2 buzzards that flew overhead all through our stay. The views were wonderful and the site was only a short drive to Keswick

On the 2nd night a large group pitched in the field and sadly were very disruptive and loud until 3am, with campfires and singing. We spoke with Linda the next morning who agreed that it was unacceptable and even said she would have come out had we rung her during the night! She went to speak with the group who actually were packing up that morning anyway. Linda did say that they were a regular group and she had had no complaints before although usually they had the field to themselves.

Having had little sleep and gone for a long walk that day, upon our return, we were dismayed to find 3 separate large school groups arriving to pitch in the big field and sadly we decided that it was not for us and packed up.

Overall this is a lovely and very reasonably priced site however before going you need to know that they do accept large groups, also I am not sure how well the facilities would have fared with all of those school kids as we didn't stay.

We would go back, but only mid week and we would not pitch in the large field again. If you are a group or you don't mind large groups then this is a lovely place to stay.

Previous     103 Reviews in total, now showing 37 to 42      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cumbria   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet Manchester Caravan & Motorhome Show 18 to 21 January 2018
Advanced booking discount plus we have 15 pairs of tickets to give away ...more

UKCampsite.co.uk

Coming Soon!

24 Daily Prizes worth up to 100 and a Christmas Day Star Prize worth 500!
Get an Email