Visitor Reviews - Breck Farm Caravanning And Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Breck Farm Caravanning And Camping
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR25 6QL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  1m  5m  1m  10m   1m  5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  191 in total, now showing 61 to 70                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Reviewer: Shirley valenti 2 reviews from this member

Just got back from Breck farm having spent 4 nights there and thoroughly enjoyed our proper camping experience as we are fairly new to it. This site would suit more adventurous people and definitely take your bikes or hire them locally. I loved that there was nothing here except grass land, vast woodland areas to cycle and walk which are breathtakingly beautiful, happy free range chickens producing delicious eggs, cows and calf's, the smell of campfires in the evenings, and mouthwatering smell of breakfasts being cooked all over the site in the mornings, the slight roughness of this sight added to the proper camping feel and the rustic charms of Breck Farm.

My two kids Zara 9 and Jack 13 loved foraging for twigs in the woods to add to our logs on our camp fire which we bought from the farm. We cycled to the beach and to Weybourne station and boarded a steam train(including bikes) to Sherringham and spent a lovely day there and on the beach. Cromer carnival was on this week too and we thoroughly enjoyed watching the floats and fireworks it was a lovely atmosphere and great to be part of it. We went to Splash at Sherringham a really good indoor pool with wave machine and flume ride. So if you do get bored on site there's plenty around off site and not too far away.

It was also refreshing not to have any tacky on site cabaret entertainment or arcade noise pollution we just made our own simple entertainment but to be honest most nights we were so tuckered out we were tucked up by 10pm due to all the cycling and fresh air!

On the downside, the toilets/shower/washing up facilities not so good, could have been a bit cleaner and a bit of an update and splash of paint wouldn't go a miss but they were adequate and did the job, always toilet paper available, but not always hot water but after all it is a farm and its more to do with other people being a bit inconsiderate, I am a bit of a clean freak I might add.

Will definitely be coming back and bringing our dog Smithy next time!

Reviewer: Mildenhalleagles87 3 reviews from this member

ur first stay here the toilets were nice and clean a little busy sometimes but fine. There was always toilet paper. The washing up facilities were ok.

We only had to queue once on the morning we were leaving. There was a choice of fields we went for the one were you could have a fire. No set pitches so we had plenty of space. There is no extra charge for a gazebo.

Had a lovely walk to Kelling Heath and saw lovely views of the sea and train. Brought jam from the farmhouse which was lovely, it also sells fire wood, potatoes and eggs.

We loved being able to have a fire. Even though there was quite a few fires you didn't really notice the smoke. There was a great swimming pool at sheringham which the kids loved.

Would be nice to have some sort play equipment for the kids as there is just the field and football goals. Overall excellent campsite.

Reviewer: Robhoworth 4 reviews from this member

This is the second time we have visited Breck Farm. Arrived on a saturday and left on a saturday. It was very busy over the weekend but was quieter during the week.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The site has changed a bit since we were last there with the addition of a new field which has a 9pm curfew which is good.

My only complaint is the lack of hotwater - I don't mind paying for showers but I think the water should be hot. I wonder if they allowing too many people on the site as the water seemed to run out quickly on the weekends and never seemed to recover.

Overall though this is a lovely site and a very relaxing place to be. The kids loved it - as did the dog. Campfires in the evening are a lovely addition to the whole experience.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Curlynclive 3 reviews from this member

We have been caravanning for over 25 years and stayed at hundreds of campsites all over the UK and in Europe but this is the first time I have felt compelled to write a review. We have just returned from a week at Breck Farm. I emailed and rang ahead to reserve a pitch I thought, and confirmed on the phone but it turns out there are no real 'pitches'. On arrival we were told to just drive around until we could find a place to hook up our electric. The site of 2 fields appears as a free for all. We did eventually find somewhere and I realise that this is a peak period but you either have to have some system of alloting plots or division of pitches or limit the number of units you let onto the site. For us it resembled what you may see on the telly at a pop concert! Fields absolutely crammed with tents and caravans with no organisation. As it filled up and more people arrived, they even parked on entrance and exit routes and we feared being trapped in. Groups of tents pitched together so as to make a 'quad' arrangement seem to take over whole areas of the site. We never once saw the shower block being cleaned - indeed at the weekend I couldn't even get in the door for people trying to get to the sinks and use their hair-dryers or queue for showers. There were only four showers in each mens and ladies! Each at a 50p token for 3 minutes cost!There were hundreds of people on this site and it's not adaquate!They allow campfires - but not in the electric hook-up field so say the rules - but there is no one in evidence to check so people were lighting them there. That's just dangerous where people are pitched so close together! On the Saturday evening before we left there were so many bbqs and campfires that we could not breathe with our windows open in the caravan so had to shut them. I accept that farmers may have to supplement their income in these hard times but this site did not give any impression that it cared for campers and caravaners needs and instead that they were just concerned with how much money they could make by getting as many people through the gates as possible- then let them get on with it!Anyone could have driven onto this site at any time and pitched a tent! No-one would have known!

So I would not recommend this site until the owners start to organise it properly and consider their customers more.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Goomaks 13 reviews from this member

Just come back after a week at Breck Farm, we have been there before so know it`s a laid back site, but we think that it got a bit too laid back. We phoned and booked in 5 weeks before we went, but when we got there there was no cross reference, just told too find a hook up'there should be some down the side'. There was not one saved for us even though they were very busy and I do wonder what would have happened if there had not been a spare hook up.

There was a mixture of tents and caravans where we were and the system of just 'find a place 'often means that some people do infringe onto your space. Because of a lot of hook ups being taken over by tents there was very little space for a caravan and we had to pitch up very close to the road going through the site, not a good situation with young children. The showers and wash up area do get very busy and the water temperature in the showers suffered.

There is a male warden and a male and a female assistant who deal with keeping the site, toilets and wash area clean and replacing loo roll etc. but when the male staff are working in the female areas there are no warning signs telling you that they are there, and they did not give any warning when they entered. My wife noted that often there are young girls in the shower area wrapped up in just a towel, she found that it was quite unnerving.

Considering how busy they are and how much they are taking in revenue they could do with investing some of it back into the site especially the road/driveway into the site, and on the road through the site. It is full of pot holes and you have be very careful especially when towing a caravan so that you don`t do any damage to the unit or your car, just filling the pot holes in with some hardcore as a temporary measure until something more permanent is done would be a great improvement.

Reviewer: PA47 3 reviews from this member

The site is huge with plenty of space to pitch, no set pitches, so you can spread out which is good. Camp fires are allowed which is also nice in the evenings as it did get chilly.

The facilities however are not suitable for the size of the site. Over 200 pitches and 6 ladies showers and 6 gents showers, of which only 3 ladies were in use! The showers had nowhere to put your clean clothes and shoes. There were muddy, and messy, carrier bags, cotton buds, underwear! They were not cleaned regularly as the same items were in there from one day to the next. You have to pay 50p for 3 mins of which there was no hot water. There were enough toilets and always enough toilet paper though again they were dirty and no proper sanitary disposal!

The sinks were always dirty with no soap and no water pressure and again no hot water. We ended up cleaning our pots at the tent with boiled water.

Personally a little more money spent on adequate facilities for the size of the site and also something for children to do. A play area or even a little club house, would be a much needed addition.

Reviewer: Thelazza 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 4 nights at Breck Farm and I feel that this is a site with both positives and negatives. Firstly the positives:-

- Lovely surroundings and plenty of space, especially in the non EHU fields.

- Campfires allowed on non EHU fields.

- Relatively inexpensive.

However, the negatives:-

- The toilet block. There is one main toilet block situated in a newish barn for all the fields plus a small number of showers/toilets at the farmhouse. I did not see any evidence of cleaning being carried out during our stay.

Soap dispensers in the mens were empty and never refilled. The showers were stained and dirty - this is the first site I have ever stayed at that I have been unable to bring myself to shower at.

There were no toilet brushes in the toilets - the result is obvious. The floors were never swept and the mens sink area was in semi-darkness for the first 2 nights as the lights were not working.

Although the block appears relatively modern it seems to have had little in the way of cleaning since opening.

- The 'pitch where you like' policy for the EHU field didn't seem to work very well when the site is full. Everyone's tendency to 'spread out' when there are no marked pitches meant that many of the hook up points were unusable as there was simply no room to pitch within striking distance of the sockets.

- The indoor washing-up sinks were circular and generally without plugs. Many people had washing-up bowls which did not fit and had to use the outside (uncovered) facilities, paddling in the large pool of water created by the nearby water tap.

- For a site of this size, there are no children's play facilities, just two football goals in the central meadow. There may be play opportunities in the nearby woods but a lot of pitches are some distance away.

I don't wish this review to be overwhelmingly negative - North Norfolk is a beautiful part of the country and this site is within easy reach of the many attractions along the coast and inland. We experienced no problems with late night/early morning noise and the staff were friendly and helpful.

To conclude, I think that you have to accept the compromise between good and bad points if you stay here. I certainly wouldn't rule out returning here but I would hope that the owners could use more of their (considerable) income from this large site to improve the quality and cleanliness of the toilet and shower facilities.

Reviewer: Sunshine78 6 reviews from this member

We Have just returned from a two night stay at Breck Farm a relaxing and laid back site. Ideal for groups and families who appreciate quiet after 10pm as is the sites rules.

It's a real bonus to be able to enjoy a camp fire and logs are readily available on site at 4. 50 for a large bag.

On both mornings I did not have to queue for a shower but I was lucky my partner and friends did and at some points there was a long wait and I feel if they are using the site to the capacity in which they are at present a real need for extra shower facilities are a must, also they could do with a really good clean as could the toilets.

All in all a good value for money site with lots to do in the local area.

Reviewer: Moonangel 2 reviews from this member

My teenage daughter, son and I camped at Breck Farm for five nights mon-fri.

We are seasoned campers, having used lots of sites around the country over 14yrs. The site itself is in a beautiful setting and is relaxed over where you pitch.

It is a basic site so best used as a base only. However there are lots of places to visit close by, beaches and we stayed during Cromer Carnival week, when there is a lot happening.

I have to say that I do expect basics such as, hot water an a level of cleanliness. I noted that the toilets were definitely not cleaned at all during our stay. I had a cold shower twice and had to wash-up in cold water too.

These are basic needs and really let down what is essentially a friendly family run site.

Date of Visit: July 2011 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Kareenc 3 reviews from this member

A lovely laid back camp site - we are new to camping and liked the fact that we could choose where we liked to camp and also didn't have to book.

Plenty of toilets, not a huge amount of showers but I showered early with no queue and my husband went later and only had to wait 5 mins - there was a bit of a queue for the sinks in the evening but we didn't use them as I just boiled the kettle!

Ours boys were entertained for hours with the campfire and having a roam in the woods.

The people in the farmhouse were very friendly and no specific opening times, always seemed to be someone there - We ended up only staying one night due to my husband being ill and they were happy to refund us for the second night that we'd paid for.

Previous     191 Reviews in total, now showing 61 to 70      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a pair of OLPRO Hush Sleeping Bags worth 48.00 Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley!

UKCS Meet Beat at Tencreek 60s Weekend, Cornwall - 14th to 16th October
A Sounds of the Swinging Sixties long weekend concert with camping on site ...more

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016