Visitor Reviews - Breck Farm Caravanning And Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Breck Farm Caravanning And Camping
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR25 6QL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  1m  5m  1m  10m   1m  5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  185 in total, now showing 61 to 70                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Reviewer: Thelazza 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 4 nights at Breck Farm and I feel that this is a site with both positives and negatives. Firstly the positives:-

- Lovely surroundings and plenty of space, especially in the non EHU fields.

- Campfires allowed on non EHU fields.

- Relatively inexpensive.

However, the negatives:-

- The toilet block. There is one main toilet block situated in a newish barn for all the fields plus a small number of showers/toilets at the farmhouse. I did not see any evidence of cleaning being carried out during our stay.

Soap dispensers in the mens were empty and never refilled. The showers were stained and dirty - this is the first site I have ever stayed at that I have been unable to bring myself to shower at.

There were no toilet brushes in the toilets - the result is obvious. The floors were never swept and the mens sink area was in semi-darkness for the first 2 nights as the lights were not working.

Although the block appears relatively modern it seems to have had little in the way of cleaning since opening.

- The 'pitch where you like' policy for the EHU field didn't seem to work very well when the site is full. Everyone's tendency to 'spread out' when there are no marked pitches meant that many of the hook up points were unusable as there was simply no room to pitch within striking distance of the sockets.

- The indoor washing-up sinks were circular and generally without plugs. Many people had washing-up bowls which did not fit and had to use the outside (uncovered) facilities, paddling in the large pool of water created by the nearby water tap.

- For a site of this size, there are no children's play facilities, just two football goals in the central meadow. There may be play opportunities in the nearby woods but a lot of pitches are some distance away.

I don't wish this review to be overwhelmingly negative - North Norfolk is a beautiful part of the country and this site is within easy reach of the many attractions along the coast and inland. We experienced no problems with late night/early morning noise and the staff were friendly and helpful.

To conclude, I think that you have to accept the compromise between good and bad points if you stay here. I certainly wouldn't rule out returning here but I would hope that the owners could use more of their (considerable) income from this large site to improve the quality and cleanliness of the toilet and shower facilities.

Reviewer: Sunshine78 6 reviews from this member

We Have just returned from a two night stay at Breck Farm a relaxing and laid back site. Ideal for groups and families who appreciate quiet after 10pm as is the sites rules.

It's a real bonus to be able to enjoy a camp fire and logs are readily available on site at 4. 50 for a large bag.

On both mornings I did not have to queue for a shower but I was lucky my partner and friends did and at some points there was a long wait and I feel if they are using the site to the capacity in which they are at present a real need for extra shower facilities are a must, also they could do with a really good clean as could the toilets.

All in all a good value for money site with lots to do in the local area.

Reviewer: Moonangel 2 reviews from this member

My teenage daughter, son and I camped at Breck Farm for five nights mon-fri.

We are seasoned campers, having used lots of sites around the country over 14yrs. The site itself is in a beautiful setting and is relaxed over where you pitch.

It is a basic site so best used as a base only. However there are lots of places to visit close by, beaches and we stayed during Cromer Carnival week, when there is a lot happening.

I have to say that I do expect basics such as, hot water an a level of cleanliness. I noted that the toilets were definitely not cleaned at all during our stay. I had a cold shower twice and had to wash-up in cold water too.

These are basic needs and really let down what is essentially a friendly family run site.

Reviewer: Kareenc 3 reviews from this member

A lovely laid back camp site - we are new to camping and liked the fact that we could choose where we liked to camp and also didn't have to book.

Plenty of toilets, not a huge amount of showers but I showered early with no queue and my husband went later and only had to wait 5 mins - there was a bit of a queue for the sinks in the evening but we didn't use them as I just boiled the kettle!

Ours boys were entertained for hours with the campfire and having a roam in the woods.

The people in the farmhouse were very friendly and no specific opening times, always seemed to be someone there - We ended up only staying one night due to my husband being ill and they were happy to refund us for the second night that we'd paid for.

Reviewer: Thelentils 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here.

I'd say a mixed bag. Lots are good. The surroundings, the views, the campfires of course.

Downside are some of the idiots that get let in, on the Friday night, we were all kept awake all night by young lads. They have a no noise at night policy, but wasn't really enforced this night.

However, later in the stay, they seemed to have more staff on board, a nice lady on our field tidying up and helped us out with finding things and also kept a good eye on a noisy group that night. Much better.

Oh, and the shower was too hot, actually scalding on one occasion. Usually the opposite at campsites.

Will return, but will probably avoid weekends

Reviewer: Adnut86 2 reviews from this member

We spent a week here in July this year. The site is very spacious and peaceful during the week. It has large shower and toilet blocks and the farm house sells fresh eggs, along with wood and tinder for fires.

The fires are a great plus, making the camping really nice there. There are plenty of steel wheels around the site to have the fires in to protect the grass too.

It's only a short journey to some nice beaches and seaside towns along the coast, and there are two nice pubs around a mile to a mile and half away. We ate at both, and they were very nice!

During the week, it was very quiet at the site, with only a few people in the camping filed. However Friday night saw large groups of people coming for the weekend, mainly stag and hen parties. This ruined the site a little for us, as they were very loud and not taking much notice of the site rules, particularly when it came to the fires. There are woods around the site, however the owners ask people not to collect wood from there and to keep fires in the wheels provided. These groups were making very large fires on the grass, and dragging large amounts of branches from the forest and using the trees behind our tent for a toilet instead of the toilet block.

The owners didn't seem to enforce their rules which seemed sensible and reasonable to us, which let the site down at the weekend.

I would definitely go here again, however not at the weekend.

Reviewer: Bikerclaire 2 reviews from this member

My boyfriend and I have just returned from this site camping for one night. It cost 12 for the two of us, car and tent. The pitches are not marked but you are asked to allow a reasonable space when you pitch. We stayed in the wood field which is the one in which campfires are allowed.

You can buy logs there for 4. 50 a bag and this was plenty for an evening. The showers were fine, I heard somebody say they thought they were too hot but I found them to be OK. I had to queue for 5 mins at 8am.

There are 6 shower cubicles in the ladies but 2 were being refurbished. Weybourne is about a mile walk away along the main road where there is a shop which closes at 7pm and a pub (there may be more but we didn't venture any further).

Sheringham is only 5 miles away and you can take the steam railway from Weybourne to Sheringham. We really enjoyed our stay and will be going back.

Reviewer: Pinkfluff 2 reviews from this member

This is a nice little campsite if you don't want a holiday park but still want great facilities, it gets busy at peak time and at weekends and they also allow large groups of young people so don't expect it to be the quietest campsite in the world.

The kids (2 boys age 8 and 5) loved it only getting bored occasionally, the woods is fantastic to play in with rope swings hidden everywhere.

The shower and toilet block was well kept had loo roll and soap in the dispensers all the time, I wish there had been a family area, it cost us a fair amount in shower money with there being 4 of us (showers cost 50p for 5 mins) but the hot can take a while to come through if the pipes are cold but it is a lovely temperature eventually. The light pollution at night from the toilet block was a little off putting, and you can here the main road all night.

Jets also practise over the campsite (daily when we stayed), I think the pilots find it amusing to go vertical over the campsite first thing in the morning and was woken up a few times by after burners roaring. My husband enjoyed the daily airshow at least.

We couldn't get a mobile phone signal (02) in the campsite (or most of Norfolk for that matter) at all so if you have a tech head with you be prepared for a tantrum or 2.

I can't praise the owners and people that work there enough though, so friendly (and we were a last minute booking) great little farm shop selling the freshest eggs, marshmallows, logs and home made preserves. And an ice cream van occasionally visits and goes round the site to your tent door if he can get to it.

In all the family enjoyed this campsite it is definitely one for the kids and teenagers. Not one to go for if your looking for a really quiet weekend away, but really god fun at a great price.

Reviewer: Camperman21 3 reviews from this member

Me and wife stayed at Breck farm in the middle of July for 2 nights never been to a really big camp site before so it was a bit of a eye opener but the atmosphere seemed good and I liked the pitch where you like policy. Found a nice spot close to the woods and not too far from the toilet/shower block which was adequate for our needs. Didn't have to queue once as we are early rises and in and out by 7am. Showers take a token which you get from the farmhouse 50p each for 4 minutes. Teally glad about getting in early as by 9am the queues were getting long. Site was quite noisy in the evening till about 10pm but then quietened down but should have expected that with 200 pitches available. Liked the the smell of wood smoke in the night air as camp fires are allowed and everything you need to make one you can get on site. Overall a good run site good rates and a chilled atmosphere.

Reviewer: Cazz51 7 reviews from this member

This was my third visit to Breck Farm. I was hoping to camp in the original field of my first visit but there seemed to be work going on there, new loo and a road I think, so I was back in the same place as my second visit, which was rather muddy and the field was very crowded, as everyone was in the narrower field and it was July.

There is also a small area opposite the farmhouse, then two huge fields, the top corner near the amenities for caravans and a space near the bottom for rallys and two great expanses for tents.

The amenities are pretty basic in a huge concrete barn, but there are a lot of loos, not too sure about the showers but that's never an immediate concern for me, but I can't say I liked the look of them much.

This is a very basic site, just how I like them. The family are incredibly friendly, I have chatted to all three generations in their farmhouse kitchen, where they sell eggs, potatoes, logs, etc.

I don't think I have ever had to book; just turn up and try to avoid the hens stalking across the farm track. There are a lot of hens.

The fields are backed by woods with lots of trails which are near the Kelling Heath site I believe but ideal for a quick early morning dog walk.

The surrounding area is fabulous, you can hear the toot of the steam train which is just down the road at Weybourne and comes from Holt to Sheringham, my dog loved travelling on it.

The beaches are great too. West of Cromer is very dog friendly and to the east kept for families.

The towns of Cromer and Holt each have great fish and chip shops and lots of little shops to mooch around in, particularly Holt, and there is a small country park there too.

You can walk along the coast path from Weybourne to Sheringham, another little town packed with shops but a rocky beach and gets very crowded.

Along the coast road there are some fantastic towns to see, bird spotting and a tearoom at Cley, Wells next the Sea, beautiful beaches near Holkham.

Campfires are allowed and, unusually, on the ground. This makes a lot of mess finding somewhere to pitch I guess but there is usually a lot of room.

It is a typically basic campsite I think so I guess you will either love it or hate it. I love it.

Previous     185 Reviews in total, now showing 61 to 70      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!