Visitor Reviews - Breck Farm Caravanning And Camping

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Breck Farm Caravanning And Camping
Weybourne
Holt
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR25 6QL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  1m  5m  1m  10m   1m  5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  187 in total, now showing 61 to 70                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: August 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Goomaks 12 reviews from this member

Just come back after a week at Breck Farm, we have been there before so know it`s a laid back site, but we think that it got a bit too laid back. We phoned and booked in 5 weeks before we went, but when we got there there was no cross reference, just told too find a hook up'there should be some down the side'. There was not one saved for us even though they were very busy and I do wonder what would have happened if there had not been a spare hook up.

There was a mixture of tents and caravans where we were and the system of just 'find a place 'often means that some people do infringe onto your space. Because of a lot of hook ups being taken over by tents there was very little space for a caravan and we had to pitch up very close to the road going through the site, not a good situation with young children. The showers and wash up area do get very busy and the water temperature in the showers suffered.

There is a male warden and a male and a female assistant who deal with keeping the site, toilets and wash area clean and replacing loo roll etc. but when the male staff are working in the female areas there are no warning signs telling you that they are there, and they did not give any warning when they entered. My wife noted that often there are young girls in the shower area wrapped up in just a towel, she found that it was quite unnerving.

Considering how busy they are and how much they are taking in revenue they could do with investing some of it back into the site especially the road/driveway into the site, and on the road through the site. It is full of pot holes and you have be very careful especially when towing a caravan so that you don`t do any damage to the unit or your car, just filling the pot holes in with some hardcore as a temporary measure until something more permanent is done would be a great improvement.

Reviewer: PA47 3 reviews from this member

The site is huge with plenty of space to pitch, no set pitches, so you can spread out which is good. Camp fires are allowed which is also nice in the evenings as it did get chilly.

The facilities however are not suitable for the size of the site. Over 200 pitches and 6 ladies showers and 6 gents showers, of which only 3 ladies were in use! The showers had nowhere to put your clean clothes and shoes. There were muddy, and messy, carrier bags, cotton buds, underwear! They were not cleaned regularly as the same items were in there from one day to the next. You have to pay 50p for 3 mins of which there was no hot water. There were enough toilets and always enough toilet paper though again they were dirty and no proper sanitary disposal!

The sinks were always dirty with no soap and no water pressure and again no hot water. We ended up cleaning our pots at the tent with boiled water.

Personally a little more money spent on adequate facilities for the size of the site and also something for children to do. A play area or even a little club house, would be a much needed addition.

Reviewer: Thelazza 6 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 4 nights at Breck Farm and I feel that this is a site with both positives and negatives. Firstly the positives:-

- Lovely surroundings and plenty of space, especially in the non EHU fields.

- Campfires allowed on non EHU fields.

- Relatively inexpensive.

However, the negatives:-

- The toilet block. There is one main toilet block situated in a newish barn for all the fields plus a small number of showers/toilets at the farmhouse. I did not see any evidence of cleaning being carried out during our stay.

Soap dispensers in the mens were empty and never refilled. The showers were stained and dirty - this is the first site I have ever stayed at that I have been unable to bring myself to shower at.

There were no toilet brushes in the toilets - the result is obvious. The floors were never swept and the mens sink area was in semi-darkness for the first 2 nights as the lights were not working.

Although the block appears relatively modern it seems to have had little in the way of cleaning since opening.

- The 'pitch where you like' policy for the EHU field didn't seem to work very well when the site is full. Everyone's tendency to 'spread out' when there are no marked pitches meant that many of the hook up points were unusable as there was simply no room to pitch within striking distance of the sockets.

- The indoor washing-up sinks were circular and generally without plugs. Many people had washing-up bowls which did not fit and had to use the outside (uncovered) facilities, paddling in the large pool of water created by the nearby water tap.

- For a site of this size, there are no children's play facilities, just two football goals in the central meadow. There may be play opportunities in the nearby woods but a lot of pitches are some distance away.

I don't wish this review to be overwhelmingly negative - North Norfolk is a beautiful part of the country and this site is within easy reach of the many attractions along the coast and inland. We experienced no problems with late night/early morning noise and the staff were friendly and helpful.

To conclude, I think that you have to accept the compromise between good and bad points if you stay here. I certainly wouldn't rule out returning here but I would hope that the owners could use more of their (considerable) income from this large site to improve the quality and cleanliness of the toilet and shower facilities.

Reviewer: Sunshine78 6 reviews from this member

We Have just returned from a two night stay at Breck Farm a relaxing and laid back site. Ideal for groups and families who appreciate quiet after 10pm as is the sites rules.

It's a real bonus to be able to enjoy a camp fire and logs are readily available on site at 4. 50 for a large bag.

On both mornings I did not have to queue for a shower but I was lucky my partner and friends did and at some points there was a long wait and I feel if they are using the site to the capacity in which they are at present a real need for extra shower facilities are a must, also they could do with a really good clean as could the toilets.

All in all a good value for money site with lots to do in the local area.

Reviewer: Moonangel 2 reviews from this member

My teenage daughter, son and I camped at Breck Farm for five nights mon-fri.

We are seasoned campers, having used lots of sites around the country over 14yrs. The site itself is in a beautiful setting and is relaxed over where you pitch.

It is a basic site so best used as a base only. However there are lots of places to visit close by, beaches and we stayed during Cromer Carnival week, when there is a lot happening.

I have to say that I do expect basics such as, hot water an a level of cleanliness. I noted that the toilets were definitely not cleaned at all during our stay. I had a cold shower twice and had to wash-up in cold water too.

These are basic needs and really let down what is essentially a friendly family run site.

Reviewer: Kareenc 3 reviews from this member

A lovely laid back camp site - we are new to camping and liked the fact that we could choose where we liked to camp and also didn't have to book.

Plenty of toilets, not a huge amount of showers but I showered early with no queue and my husband went later and only had to wait 5 mins - there was a bit of a queue for the sinks in the evening but we didn't use them as I just boiled the kettle!

Ours boys were entertained for hours with the campfire and having a roam in the woods.

The people in the farmhouse were very friendly and no specific opening times, always seemed to be someone there - We ended up only staying one night due to my husband being ill and they were happy to refund us for the second night that we'd paid for.

Reviewer: Thelentils 1 review from this member

We have just returned from a 5 night stay here.

I'd say a mixed bag. Lots are good. The surroundings, the views, the campfires of course.

Downside are some of the idiots that get let in, on the Friday night, we were all kept awake all night by young lads. They have a no noise at night policy, but wasn't really enforced this night.

However, later in the stay, they seemed to have more staff on board, a nice lady on our field tidying up and helped us out with finding things and also kept a good eye on a noisy group that night. Much better.

Oh, and the shower was too hot, actually scalding on one occasion. Usually the opposite at campsites.

Will return, but will probably avoid weekends

Reviewer: Adnut86 2 reviews from this member

We spent a week here in July this year. The site is very spacious and peaceful during the week. It has large shower and toilet blocks and the farm house sells fresh eggs, along with wood and tinder for fires.

The fires are a great plus, making the camping really nice there. There are plenty of steel wheels around the site to have the fires in to protect the grass too.

It's only a short journey to some nice beaches and seaside towns along the coast, and there are two nice pubs around a mile to a mile and half away. We ate at both, and they were very nice!

During the week, it was very quiet at the site, with only a few people in the camping filed. However Friday night saw large groups of people coming for the weekend, mainly stag and hen parties. This ruined the site a little for us, as they were very loud and not taking much notice of the site rules, particularly when it came to the fires. There are woods around the site, however the owners ask people not to collect wood from there and to keep fires in the wheels provided. These groups were making very large fires on the grass, and dragging large amounts of branches from the forest and using the trees behind our tent for a toilet instead of the toilet block.

The owners didn't seem to enforce their rules which seemed sensible and reasonable to us, which let the site down at the weekend.

I would definitely go here again, however not at the weekend.

Reviewer: Bikerclaire 2 reviews from this member

My boyfriend and I have just returned from this site camping for one night. It cost 12 for the two of us, car and tent. The pitches are not marked but you are asked to allow a reasonable space when you pitch. We stayed in the wood field which is the one in which campfires are allowed.

You can buy logs there for 4. 50 a bag and this was plenty for an evening. The showers were fine, I heard somebody say they thought they were too hot but I found them to be OK. I had to queue for 5 mins at 8am.

There are 6 shower cubicles in the ladies but 2 were being refurbished. Weybourne is about a mile walk away along the main road where there is a shop which closes at 7pm and a pub (there may be more but we didn't venture any further).

Sheringham is only 5 miles away and you can take the steam railway from Weybourne to Sheringham. We really enjoyed our stay and will be going back.

Reviewer: Pinkfluff 2 reviews from this member

This is a nice little campsite if you don't want a holiday park but still want great facilities, it gets busy at peak time and at weekends and they also allow large groups of young people so don't expect it to be the quietest campsite in the world.

The kids (2 boys age 8 and 5) loved it only getting bored occasionally, the woods is fantastic to play in with rope swings hidden everywhere.

The shower and toilet block was well kept had loo roll and soap in the dispensers all the time, I wish there had been a family area, it cost us a fair amount in shower money with there being 4 of us (showers cost 50p for 5 mins) but the hot can take a while to come through if the pipes are cold but it is a lovely temperature eventually. The light pollution at night from the toilet block was a little off putting, and you can here the main road all night.

Jets also practise over the campsite (daily when we stayed), I think the pilots find it amusing to go vertical over the campsite first thing in the morning and was woken up a few times by after burners roaring. My husband enjoyed the daily airshow at least.

We couldn't get a mobile phone signal (02) in the campsite (or most of Norfolk for that matter) at all so if you have a tech head with you be prepared for a tantrum or 2.

I can't praise the owners and people that work there enough though, so friendly (and we were a last minute booking) great little farm shop selling the freshest eggs, marshmallows, logs and home made preserves. And an ice cream van occasionally visits and goes round the site to your tent door if he can get to it.

In all the family enjoyed this campsite it is definitely one for the kids and teenagers. Not one to go for if your looking for a really quiet weekend away, but really god fun at a great price.

Previous     187 Reviews in total, now showing 61 to 70      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win an Outwell Mains Package Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally in Derbyshire - 1st to 4th July
An amazing fun weekend for all the family. Plus you can camp on site from Friday to Monday. Find out more and download the booking form

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016