Visitor Reviews - Hillend Caravan & Camping Park

Hillend
Llangennith
Swansea
Glamorgan   (Browse area)
SA3 1JD   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  62 in total, now showing 43 to 48                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Rufustfirefly_1 1 review from this member

We turned up on spec for a one night here and were happy throughout our stay. The staff were all friendly and helpful from the charming lady on the gate to the staff in the cafe, and including the cheerful individual who had the thankless task of clearing litter around the campsite and on the beach. The new toilet and shower block was adequate for the job but I imagine the strain of popularity at peak times might prove too much.
We camped in the furthest family field and it proved quite quiet, it meant we had only a short walk to the beach. Good points: Clean, new shower/toilet block; spacious area (although maybe crowded at weekends); no dogs; good cafe with nice staff; no dogs; good play area for kids; no dogs.
Bad points: few litter bins; pricey shop (£2.55 for a kids bucket!); litter strewn dunes. Despite these minor quibbles, we'll go again, the good outweighed the bad.

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Horn family 6 reviews from this member

Had an excellent time at Hillend, the facilities were excellent, could do with a few more washing up stations but that was no big deal.  The camp was quite noisy but it was packed out but come 9 o'clock it all calmed down so my baby who is 16 months was not disturbed.  Our 2 older girls 4&10 loved the park we hardly saw them the whole weekend!
The shop was great you could buy just about anything you wanted, and it was pretty reasonable priced.  The whole weekend was great, a complete success.
We will definitely go back to Hillend again hopefully very soon.

Reviewer: Bill2005 1 review from this member

I enjoyed my stay at Hillend. I do have to admit I found it basic for the asking price. The mens showers were hot, but my friend tells me the ladies is always cold. I would like some bins around the camp site to be better placed. They could also offer family meal deals. I found the staff to be very approachable and friendly,

Reviewer: Purpleturtle 7 reviews from this member

Firstly, £18 per pitch! The new toilet blocks were indeed spic-&-span, but most other sites I visit are too. At half the price! Everything you might need can be some distance away at Hillend, with the toilets and shop way up at the entrance. Not much effort gone in to the site design. If there were rubbish bins, recyclers and water taps dotted around the site, I didnt see them. To top it all the dunes and beach are littered beyond belief.

Reviewer: Lewic 2 reviews from this member

Lovely location, and good facilities. Showers have been upgraded and there is a very well stocked camp shop and good (though pricey) cafe.

Campers are charged per tent, and this has gone up to £18 at weekend, and £15 in the week - rather unfair if you are camping on your own, but maybe its the only way to stop people turning up with a huge tent each. It would be fairer if they charged per pitch area.

Personally I found the owners very friendly, and I wonder if the high prices are to cover the cost of clearing up the litter left in the dunes and on the beach - there were piles of discarded barbecues, cans, broken glass, clothing and food wrappers everywhere.

There appears to be two main types of camper here: surfers, who are generally very environmentally aware, and groups of lairy young people, some of whom care little about what mess they leave behind. I've never seen so many flash cars in one place, and I wonder if these are rich students used to having things given to them and done for them, rather than taking responsibility.

Its a lively campsite, so don't expect peace and quiet. They have a curfew on stereos after 10pm, which was annoying, particularly as they don't seem to mind in the morning when we were woken by Meatloaf at 7am!

Date of Visit: July 2005 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Haz100 2 reviews from this member

Great location! and great campers! This site has poor facilities and lack of hygiene but it doesn't really matter because the type of campers that go there, there great! Unfortunately the owners and staff are a different matter! Rude, horrible, just plain nasty people, I am 18 and went with a small group (5) of other 18 year olds and by no means are we trouble makers or loud and rude! but the staff there made us feel like we had asbo's! Threatening us physically when we asked to see the owner after being charged twice for there logging in error! and even telling us to get back to our tents when visiting the loo in the early hours of the morning! - This site's location and the people who visit it are really great, but the staff really do let it down, which is such a shame. If you are under 21 be prepared no matter how nice and patient and polite you are.!

Previous     62 Review in total, now showing 43 to 48      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Glamorgan   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth £467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!