Visitor Reviews - Hillend Caravan & Camping Park

Hillend
Llangennith
Swansea
Glamorgan   (Browse area)
SA3 1JD   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  67 in total, now showing 49 to 54                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Horn family 6 reviews from this member

Had an excellent time at Hillend, the facilities were excellent, could do with a few more washing up stations but that was no big deal.  The camp was quite noisy but it was packed out but come 9 o'clock it all calmed down so my baby who is 16 months was not disturbed.  Our 2 older girls 4&10 loved the park we hardly saw them the whole weekend!
The shop was great you could buy just about anything you wanted, and it was pretty reasonable priced.  The whole weekend was great, a complete success.
We will definitely go back to Hillend again hopefully very soon.

Reviewer: Bill2005 1 review from this member

I enjoyed my stay at Hillend. I do have to admit I found it basic for the asking price. The mens showers were hot, but my friend tells me the ladies is always cold. I would like some bins around the camp site to be better placed. They could also offer family meal deals. I found the staff to be very approachable and friendly,

Reviewer: Purpleturtle 7 reviews from this member

Firstly, £18 per pitch! The new toilet blocks were indeed spic-&-span, but most other sites I visit are too. At half the price! Everything you might need can be some distance away at Hillend, with the toilets and shop way up at the entrance. Not much effort gone in to the site design. If there were rubbish bins, recyclers and water taps dotted around the site, I didnt see them. To top it all the dunes and beach are littered beyond belief.

Reviewer: Lewic 2 reviews from this member

Lovely location, and good facilities. Showers have been upgraded and there is a very well stocked camp shop and good (though pricey) cafe.

Campers are charged per tent, and this has gone up to £18 at weekend, and £15 in the week - rather unfair if you are camping on your own, but maybe its the only way to stop people turning up with a huge tent each. It would be fairer if they charged per pitch area.

Personally I found the owners very friendly, and I wonder if the high prices are to cover the cost of clearing up the litter left in the dunes and on the beach - there were piles of discarded barbecues, cans, broken glass, clothing and food wrappers everywhere.

There appears to be two main types of camper here: surfers, who are generally very environmentally aware, and groups of lairy young people, some of whom care little about what mess they leave behind. I've never seen so many flash cars in one place, and I wonder if these are rich students used to having things given to them and done for them, rather than taking responsibility.

Its a lively campsite, so don't expect peace and quiet. They have a curfew on stereos after 10pm, which was annoying, particularly as they don't seem to mind in the morning when we were woken by Meatloaf at 7am!

Date of Visit: July 2005 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Haz100 2 reviews from this member

Great location! and great campers! This site has poor facilities and lack of hygiene but it doesn't really matter because the type of campers that go there, there great! Unfortunately the owners and staff are a different matter! Rude, horrible, just plain nasty people, I am 18 and went with a small group (5) of other 18 year olds and by no means are we trouble makers or loud and rude! but the staff there made us feel like we had asbo's! Threatening us physically when we asked to see the owner after being charged twice for there logging in error! and even telling us to get back to our tents when visiting the loo in the early hours of the morning! - This site's location and the people who visit it are really great, but the staff really do let it down, which is such a shame. If you are under 21 be prepared no matter how nice and patient and polite you are.!

Date of Visit: May 2006 Unit:  Tent
Reviewer: Linda 12 1 review from this member

Shower blocks upgraded at last! 8 showers for each sex, outside showers for wet-suited bods, hot water wash-up sinks under cover.
All nicely decorated and clean. Showers barely lukewarm, but it was bank holiday, and a new facility-- hope they can address this problem.

Love the site, as have been coming here twice a year for years! Great beach and walks, Eddies cafe serves good food at good prices. Friendly atmosphere on site, and nice play area for kids where they all join in and don't seem to have any trouble.

My only real gripe is with a minority of campers who are-- to put it politely-DIRTY. Leaving litter, and broken bottles in the toilets.
It really bugs me that people can't treat things well, especially as the site have at last given us decent facilities.

Having got that said, we will continue to come to the site, wish they would take bookings though, as I would hate to drive for 3 hours to be turned away. Hasn't happened yet, but nearly did 2 years ago, had to plead to get in!

Previous     67 Reviews in total, now showing 49 to 54      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Glamorgan   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!