Visitor Reviews - Woodland Gardens Caravan Site

Blindwell Road
Lundin Links
Leven
Fife   (Browse area)
KY8 5QG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  10m  1m  10m  5m   5m  1m

Open: 24 March To 23 October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:  94 in total, now showing 49 to 54                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
£100 for your reviewEvery month someone who has left a review of any caravan park or campsite will win £100 of Amazon vouchers So, if you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win!

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Buddyrescue 11 reviews from this member

We arrived here for the last 2 nights of a holiday touring Scotland and really wished we had booked longer, on arrival we were shown to our pitch that boasted a beautiful view over the Forth, though the majority of the touring pitches are not so fortunate. Our pitch was lovely and level, and really easy to get all 'set up' on. The site is like staying in a friend's garden it's lovely, the toilet block again is as if we were staying at a friend's house, lovely kept, plenty of hot water and spotless, as mentioned by other review lots of homely touches with toiletries laid out, and I'm happy to say no one seemed to abuse the hosts' kindness.

Around the site there are some lovely dog walks as long or as short as you wish, most with gorgeous views.

Fife coastal towns are little gems, we only had two days so ours was a bit of a whistle stop tour, we will certainly be visiting this site again, but next time for longer as there are so many lovely places to see. In a selfish way we don't really want to be honest and say how fab this site is. But trust us it 10/10 well done!

Reviewer: John+Kate 7 reviews from this member

This was our first venture in our new tent and it was a huge success.

We had one of the two Corrals and the tent fitted in perfectly (5m x 3m) with ample room for the picnic bench.

Pitch was close to the toilet block which was handy and whilst the site was full, it was still very quiet.

The shower block and toilets were immaculate and the baskets of toiletries were a lovely gesture but the best thing was not having to push the taps to get water. Made showering a joy! Local radio piped into the 'block' as well.

The washing up area was excellent too. The fact that there are bowls, drainers, brushes and washing up liquid - not forgetting the non-push taps (lol) was a real bonus.

We didn't use the Rec Room but went for a nosey. Very comfy sofas to sit and watch the large flat screen tv and a good selection of games and books for the not so sunny days. There was also a pool table and table football too. There is also a freezer for your ice packs and an ice machine which you can get free ice from.

Would definitely recommend this site to anyone. Its easy to get to and very close to Pittenweem and Anstruther which have a good range of restaurants and there is a Co-Op in Anstruther. Would thoroughly recommend Cairnie Fruit Farm which is probably a 20 minutes drive away. Service in the Café was second to none and the fruit we picked was lovely. Lots of things to do there for (dare I say) kids.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Monbroomfield 5 reviews from this member

I have just returned from this caravan site after spending three nights there with my husband and sister. What a breath of fresh air. This site is so peaceful and calm and the owners Jan and Craig could not be more helpful. The site is beautifully kept and Jan even has baskets with shampoo, shower gel and all sorts of ladies things in the shower block. The showers and toilets are immaculate and lots of hot water. There is a lovely dog walk nearby and the site is central for touring Fife. We will certainly be returning very soon.

Reviewer: Alipin 3 reviews from this member

In July myself & my 18yr old autistic son travelled from our home in The New Forest by coach to Scotland & this was the first campsite we stayed at.

When we arrived at woodlands we'd been travelling for 22 hours, as we'd first gone to Anstruther as my father used to live there & I'd promised my son lunch at the chippie.

The owners Craig & Jan are a really nice friendly couple. When we arrived I was absolutely shattered, as I'd not had any sleep at all on the coach & Craig kindly put our tent up for us, which was so appreciated.

This is a lovely friendly small campsite, it wasn't my first choice because its adults only & I like children but actually it works here. The pitches were very neat & hedged in groups.

As others have said the facilities are immaculate & the views beautiful. The Games/TV room was nice for my son & also allowed us to charge our electrics. As their was a heat wave the fridge/freezer saved our food, which we'd carried with us & the ice machine was a luxury.

Because we were on foot local shops etc were out of reach by foot, whilst my son wanted some Iron Brew & Jan gave him a large bottle, which he was very happy with.

Bus stop is about 10 minutes walk away & buses are frequent, we spent a day in St Andrews which we loved & later on went for a drink at The Railway(?) in lower Largo which is a lovely friendly pub & about 25 mins walk away.

We had a lovely stay here, my only little gripe is although we had no car or electrics we paid the same as those who did, saying that I didn't ask for a discount & its not really a site aimed at backpackers etc.

Reviewer: COOPS1 1 review from this member

Simply one of the best adult only sites we have been to. The owners Craig and Jan were spot on, nothing a problem, very helpful and pleasant. The site and facilities were very very clean and tidy, and the bonus of free ice (for the vodka) from the machine in the recreation room. Would definitely recommend and would stay again if we are ever up that neck of the woods again. So it has to be a ten out of ten for this wonderful site thanks.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Stellamaris 8 reviews from this member

My husband and I Have yet again had a wonderful stay at woodland Gardens. This site is a true gem with its glorious grounds. It truly is just like being at home, the owners make you feel so welcome and are very accommodating. I can only mirror all of the other reviews and that is that this is a fantastic site with which is a true credit to the owners who go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. The facilities are spotless and even have a washing machine for use at a small fee. My husband enjoyed spending time In the recreational room watching his favourite programme on the 42 inch tv whilst sipping his beer.

I noticed that someone has complained about children visiting the site. We have stayed here a few times now and have never had any such queries or complaints. Personal I think its nice seeing our younger generation appreciating camping and caravanning, what would this person want. The visiting children tied up outside the site. Seriously is this what we have become to.

All in all 5 star site. Thank you for your efforts Jan and Craig.

Previous     94 Reviews in total, now showing 49 to 54      Next

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Fife   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth £225! Win a Coolbox Cool ‘n’ Store Package worth over £235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July