Visitor Reviews - Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Luss Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Luss
Loch Lomond
Argyll   (Browse area)
G83 8NT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m 1m  1m   1m

Open: 01 Apr 2014 - 27 Oct 2014

Reviews:  99 in total, now showing 49 to 54                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17

Date of Visit: July 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Derekrobo 16 reviews from this member

Committed a cardinal sin. Forgot my up to date membership card.First time in 20 odd years and did I suffer for it. I had my booking form which you can only get when you have booked in via the membership web site and a credit card to pay the balance which so the chance of me being someone else was very slim. The lady on on reception said she would let me on this time but don't do it again and if the other lady had been on duty she would not have let me on at all. She went on to say they have been made aware of fraud going on with people pretending to be someone they aren't I agree in the modern climate but I was was only booking on a camp site at £23 per night which wasn't any cheaper than any where else.

Other than that a very nice site a few metres from Loch Lomond. We were at North end of the site which is very close to the main road and some people may find it noisy and the elsan point is very far away.

Luss village is very picturesque and later on in the day it quietens down from the day trippers. We had a warm reception in the hotel at the Colquhoun Arms Hotel in the bar everyone very friendly and not a bad pint of McEwans.

Stopped 2 nights on our way to Findhorn further north nice place would go back but will remember my membership card next time don't want shouting at!

Reviewer: Golflioness 1 review from this member

This was our very first experience of camping in a tent! Lovely site, very helpful, friendly staff. Pitched right next to the loch.

Showers and toilets very clean, showers hot. Hotel up the driveway very friendly staff also, food very good with excellent service.

Will most definitely visit again and hope to stay for longer than 2 nights. Even managed to convince hubby that camping ok!

Reviewer: Armchaircamper 21 reviews from this member

We spent four nights here and knew what to expect as we had visited last summer too.

The site is made up of several areas, lined with trees, including one large field just for tents. The nearby main road is very audible although it didn't bother us at all.

The site borders the loch so there are beautiful views and a stony beach which can be easily accessed.

The toilet block was very clean and the showers hot and powerful. I noticed one review mentioned that the shower button had to be pushed frequently so I timed it and made it approximately 18 seconds between presses in the two showers in the ladies'. The hairdryer costs 20p for quite a long time as it never ran out on me.

There is a laundry with washing machine, tumble dryer and iron and a whirly washing line outside. The dryer cost £1 for 20 mins, the iron was 20p for 8 mins and I think it was £3 for the washer. It is locked at night.

My cousin's little boy was given a lollipop on his arrival on site and they were only charged one night at a time in case the three-year-old didn't take to camping. The children's playground has one baby swing, one ordinary swing and a small slide. There is a dog walk through some trees lining the site.

Most of the staff were very pleasant. The small shop will freeze ice packs at a charge of 50p per ice pack per time. It has a few basic supplies and also lends books.

Be well prepared for midges as they are a nuisance in that part of the country. There is a small general store 5 or 10 minutes walk away in the picturesque village of Luss as well as one or two tearooms, gift / craft shops, a small children's play park and a hotel. Loch cruises are available down on the shore.

There is a supermarket and other shops in Balloch, 10 to 15 minutes drive away. The location of the site is excellent for exploring this beautiful area of the country.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Janine47 29 reviews from this member

We have been visiting this beautiful site for many years. Well signposted from the main Glacgow-Highlands road. The location is excellent with direct access to Loch Lomond.

The Wardens are helpful, friendly and informative. The nearby village of Luss is pretty and an easy walk along the shore, and has several places to eat as well as a general store.

The major problem with this site has always been the midges although during our recent visit they were manageable. This site would benefit from mosquito magnets which would clear the site of the pests. The toilets are very well maintained and clean. Pitches are well laid out with many hard standings.

Reviewer: Nadius 3 reviews from this member

I have just spent the weekend at Luss so that my daughter could take part in the Highland Games there so there was just me and my daughter camping on our own. I felt safe at all times as the atmosphere was very family friendly. I had worried a bit before hand that we would feel a bit vulnerable but needn't have worried a bit.

The site was clean as was the facilities. Could have done with hand basins outside the cubicle ones so you could wash your hands after toilet instead of waiting until people had finished their ablutions but that was just the morning rush.

The owners were very helpful, even lending us folding chairs when I found we had forgotten ours to use at the games! The views were spectacular too and you could go down the steps to the Loch side, Pity about the wretched weather and the blasted midges but then that could describe anywhere in Britain! Will definitely be going back.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Swany 3 reviews from this member

My family and I have just returned from this gem of a site, from the moment we checked in the site staff were friendly. The toilet / shower block was kept very clean and the site shop is what you would expect, unfortunately the shop in luss was well overpriced but balloch has all you would need and only 10 mins away.

Our kids were disappointed with the playpark but soon found other things to do, being so close to the water was a big hit with all and the view over loch lomond was amazing any time of day or night.

One negative was our pitch was uneven but will not stop us going back to this site, cant wait.

Previous     99 Reviews in total, now showing 49 to 54      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Argyll   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers