Visitor Reviews - Hillfoot Campsite In Northern Ireland

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Northern Ireland > N Ireland > Site Reviews

Hillfoot Campsite In Northern Ireland
119 Legavallon Road
Dungiven, Londonderry Derry
N Ireland   (Browse area)
BT47 4QN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 07886089942

5m  5m  5m 5m  5m  10m   10m  10m  10m  5m  5m

Reviews:  27 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Spikeymatt 4 reviews from this member

A lovely site in a beautiful setting. Separate areas for caravans/motorhomes and tents, both areas are so well maintained and space provided is excellent.

There is lots provided for children again in its own area safe and allowing others to still enjoy the tranquil setting.

A small thing to show the care taken to look out for his visitors was when I left my electric cable on my pitch on the ground unplugged. When it started to rain I had forgotten to connect my cable ends together so a staff member did it for me while I was out for the day. Very thoughtful and appreciated.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Phildigi 1 review from this member

A lovely campsite with good facilities, including a TV room for the wet and windy days.

Mervyn Scott is the owner who is the best owner I`ve ever met, during bad weather he was found to be tightening guy ropes and asking if everything was ok. He has a lovely collie called Ben who greets every one.

On my last night he let me sleep in the TV room as I had to leave very early in the morning to go back to Scotland.

I stayed for two pleasant weeks.

All in all a great campsite, and only a 1 mile and a half from Dungiven for all your shopping and entertainment.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Allengenealogy 15 reviews from this member

What a smashing wee site in beautiful countryside. Beautiful pitches with hard stands or well kept grass. There is a dishwashing area and very clean showers and toilets. Electric is available for most of the pitches and Mervyn and Liz are lovely owners along with their friendly dog Ben.

We enjoyed an enjoyable 10 days here but we were perplexed that there were not more visitors and local visitors in particular. There are a couple of excellent supermarkets in Dungiven and everyone was very friendly to us from North Down.

We cannot recommend this little gem too highly so please give it a try.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cringles88 1 review from this member

I stayed here for two nights over the Easter weekend as I cycled around the North coast. I love the views and the huge hill at the campsite. Owners are very friendly & Ben the dog is always around to keep and eye on things.

Toilet & Bathroom facilities are clean, and the shower is actually better than the one I have at home! I have literally no complaints about this campsite. I will definitely be staying here again in the future.

Compared to other campsites, I feel this one feels more homely, and I was in a tent! I wish I could have stayed 3 nights instead of 2.

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Allengenealogy 15 reviews from this member

We stayed here for two nights in order to change over our caravan from a nearby dealer. The weather was wild and stormy but the welcome we received from Mervyn and Ben made up for the weather. Mervyn could not have been more helpful and we really liked the site. We have already decided to return later in the year and would advise everyone to give it a try. It is really peaceful and is in a lovely area. Toilets, showers, electric, play area as well as meeting rooms and hard stands are available.

Thank you Mervyn.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sandyt 1 review from this member

Spent a few days on this fantastic spot in August. Had a wonderful time with the family on our first visit to Northern Ireland. However Mervyn was a star. Best of all though was lovely friendly Ben, the Collie.

Also the weather was lovely, thank you Mervyn for sorting that. Can't wait for a return visit.

Previous     27 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in N Ireland   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!