Visitor Reviews - Beeston Regis Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Beeston Regis Holiday Park
Cromer Rd
Beeston Regis
Cromer
Norfolk   (Browse area)
NR27 9QZ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  43 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Gooner99 4 reviews from this member

What a lovely site this is. The sea views are from every pitch. The site is kept very clean and tidy. I have two slight problems with this site and have been mentioned before by others. One is the showers. People around me were complaining that they were luke warm at best one day they were cold. For the money they charge this needs looking at. A new shower curtain would help as well. Two I think they could do with a little camp shop just bread milk papers eggs bacon and a few more basics. That said I will be going back next year. Lovely walks for dog lovers. West runton shops a short walk away and sherringham just walk over the bump or you can walk around it

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Petethepheet 4 reviews from this member

What a lovely site. Just got from 5 days camping on plot 37. The views are to die for. The showers and toilets are a bit dated but they are always clean and bags of hot water. The staff are fantastic and very friendly. There are two ways onto the site. 1 under the bridge, 6ft clearance. 2 over the railway crossing, there is a free phone on the gate and you call to get clearance to cross. We have a roof box on our car and really should of removed it once on site as we had to use the crossing all the time.

No shop on site, this is not a problem as there is a good shop just down the road. It's a dog friendly beach and when the tide is out there is miles of sand for running on. There are steps from the site onto the beach. 15 min walk into Sheringham with lots of places to eat and lots of shops.

We really loved this site in every way. I think the only way they could improve it is by bringing me a cup of coffee about 6 in the morning with 2 sugars.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: FENNER 1 review from this member

This is our third year of spending 5 weeks of the summer in our caravan at Beeston Regis, some may think that pitch 13 would be unlucky, oh how wrong they would be! Most of the pitches are nice and large, and relatively flat, water and waste points are never far away and you are usually able to see the sea. This isnít the cheapest site in the area but the fact that we keep going back must say something.

The site is always very well kept and tidy. Itís always been a quite site and if there is any noise late evening time, the warden deals with it very swiftly. While on the subject of the warden (Colin), he and the rest of the staff really put themselves out during our stay this year when there was a huge storm that literally tore tents and awnings apart ! There must have been 3 or 4 of them helping everyone to collect their belongings and pack away in safety, it was actually comical (after the clear up was done) how wet and dirty they all got, especially since most of them werenít on duty. 10/10 for customer service then.

The beach is literally a stoneís throw away, down some steps at one end of the site and this is one of the attractions for us. Once on the beach itís about a 10 minute walk into Sherringham with its many pubs and cafes. If you are feeling brave you can go the opposite way and walk to Cromer but it will take you around 45 minutes. A walk up ďBeeston BumpĒ is worth the effort as well for the views. Thereís loads to do and see around this area and we always come back after the 5 weeks annoyed that we have forgotten to do so many things !

The only slight negative we have, and it is slight, is that the toilet and shower blocks arenít as modern as on some of the other local sites. That said they are usually clean enough and I believe that the owners have to move them during the closed season so are unable to build a brick toilet block. We did mention last year that there wasnít always hot water and the management obviously listen to comments because it has been sorted for this season.

I canít praise this site enough, so much so that we are going to have 6 to 8 weeks there next season. I canít wait.

Date of Visit: September 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Feughsider 10 reviews from this member

I stayed here for two nights in September and paid £23 per night including electricity. Outrageous pricing in my view considering I had recently paid just £18.50 on the best site I had ever stayed at in Devon, £15 on a really good site in Avon and as little as £8 on the next site I went to in Cleethorpes. All these other sites had modern and spacious 'built' toilet facilities which this site hasn't. Also because the pitch I was allocated was mostly made of sand I ended up having to sweep the van out.

Knowing I was going to be a late arrival I rang ahead to advise the warden. The message went to the office answer phone, not to the warden. As there is no late arrivals area I ended up sleeping on a slope at the entrance to the site with no electricity.

The footpaths around the site are inadequately lit at night as, crucially, is the gate area at the side of the crossing for the railway line. Yes the site is in an idyllic location right at the edge of the sea, yes the pitches are spacious and yes the wardens were fine but the above issues need addressing. If the owners of this site were to apply their minds to these fundamental customer service issues and plough some of the money they charge back into improving it then given its location and proximity to Sheringham this could be a gem of a site.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Regiboy 1 review from this member

Just had 10 days here. the site is excellent, very tidy, all outside areas kept up to standard. Very quiet after 2200hrs

Pitches are big and flat

Easy access to the beach down some slightly steep steps.

Approx 10 mins walk on hill side to sheringham 45 mins cromer. 5 mins to west runton to local shop as not one on site.

The only downfall on the site is the cleanliness of the toilets and showers badly cleaned a shower head was broken for the last 5 days of our stay and still was the morning we left.

Overall I would recommend this site to anybody we had a brilliant week and will return.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Matt2046 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here twice this year, fantastic site, well kept and excellent views.

The only bad thing about the site is the toilets/showers, although clean they look dirty and need a bit of updating.

The pitches are a very generous size and well kept.

Although there is a train line on the edge of the site I can confidently say I never heard the train once.

A well recommended site, I look forward to next year's trip.

Previous     43 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win a Coleman Event Shelter from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!