Visitor Reviews - Bryn Gloch Caravan & Camping Park

Bryn Gloch Caravan & Camping Park
Betws Garmon
Caernarfon
Gwynedd   (Browse area)
LL54 7YY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  10m  5m  10m  5m  5m   5m  5m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  118 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lynette09 2 reviews from this member

We prebooked a Superpitch (with hardstanding) and reception was very welcoming. Pitch was ideal - electricity, water, waste, and rubbish and other facilities very handy. Level pitches, plenty of room. Quiet site with fabulous views. Welsh Highland Railway (steam) went along the perimeter of site! Staff very helpful. Toilet/shower block was modern, clean and spacious, plenty of hot water. Also laundry room, small play area, games room, Wifi and computer lounge, shop. Definitely one for 'Must return' list.

Reviewer: Jonathan Smith 1 review from this member

We stayed at Bryn Gloch for a week, including the August Bank Holiday period on a tent pitch with electric hook up in the top field by the railway (by request). I must say we had a brilliant week, the site is kept immaculate and even during the Bank Holiday, at near max capacity the facilities were kept clean and tidy and plenty of hot water - busy during peak times but totally workable. The staff are all very welcoming and I really cannot fault the venue at all. We were lucky with weather which made the week in a tent 'easy'. It's short walk to the steam train platform or there is a hail stop very close to the site. There's an on site shop for essentials (ice pack rental service, gas, charcoal), a launderette and games room. All the major shops you need are only 6 miles away in Caernarfon. My only constructive comment is that the ablutions in the top field (during busy times) could do with a sink on it's own to wash hands after using the loo - the wash basins are in cubicles which when occupied make wash your hands a waiting game, although they give the privacy a lot of people like. That's being really picky as the other ablution is different layout and not an issue. It's a picture postcard location that's well run and well placed to take in the Hills. The Ranger Path is a very short distance away, as is the beautiful village Bedd Gelert, try the Snowdon Pizza in the Bistro next to the Ice Cream place - heavenly, not licensed but you can take your own wine. Caernarfon is also worth a visit. I will definitely stay at Bryn Gloch again and cannot recommend it highly enough - see you next year!

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alison Collier 22 reviews from this member

This is a brilliant site. The pitches are enormous, the toilet/shower block very modern and always clean, the staff were really friendly. The area was beautiful.

The shop held all the essentials, there was a games room for bad weather and a park for good, a laundrette and TV room.

There is a bunkhouse if you have no camping equipment at all.

All this for a reasonable price.

There is a small chip shop just up the road which is a bit pricey but the food is very nice. The lady behind the counter is an interesting character.

All in all a lovely family friendly site which I would very highly recommend.

Reviewer: Seanm45 2 reviews from this member

Stayed 2 nights, showers and toilets very clean, its a big site with lots of good facilities, a lovely riverside picnic/barbeque area, bus to carnarvon just outside campsite, also welsh highland railway runs past with a station about a mile away, not too expensive, we will definitely be going back. The only thing I can complain about, and this is nothing to do with the campsite, we like to walk, but the local footpaths seemed to be unclear, I have noticed this on other welsh campsites, you get so far, then you end up in a field with no stiles or any clear signs, so end up going back.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Caravanning mumof2 1 review from this member

1/08/13 Well what can I say apart from EXCELLENT!

I must admit, we booked this site and then I read reviews but I take everything with a pinch of salt and it was mainly a staff issue so thought no more about it. Correct choice!

This site was excellent!

A VERY warm welcome in reception (needed after a disastrous journey thanks to directions off The Caravan Club site!)

Lady took her time to explain about the site, directions and amenities and was just generally lovely!

Found our VERY spacious pitch with no problems and from the moment we unhooked- it was bliss!

Scenery was outstanding. The whole site was immaculately clean and tidy - the toilets. The best I've seen! I didn't use my own caravan loo just so I could go use these!

Showers were fantastic - no annoying curtain sticking to your back! very clean and very roomy too.

Walking along the river was tranquil.

Shop had all essentials that you could possibly need. Even Tie down kits!

Nice little park - could be updated a bit but my kids still liked it.

Whole site is very well set out. No over flowing bins. Everything is well looked after. Perfect.

We hada day out to Beddgelert (7 miles away) and went into Porthmadog too.

Upon leaving, another lady member of staff was very helpful in printing me off some proper directions home!

Cannot wait to get back here again! Bryn Gloch. Where have you been all my life?!

Reviewer: Sarsbutton 1 review from this member

We have recently returned from a 3 night stay at this site and thoroughly enjoyed it. We were pitched by the river and had another 3 tents and 1 caravan in our group.

I definitely want to praise the staff for their friendliness, approachability and helpfulness. From the first telephone call we made to book the site to the day of departure nothing was too much trouble.

We had children and dogs in our group and we all had a great time. The toilets and showers were always clean as was the washing up room. Although busy we never had to queue for any of these facilities. The shop handy for bits and pieces and supermarkets not too far away.

There were lots of other caravans and campers there during our stay none of whom were noisy or troublesome. Everyone said hello in passing etc.

I can highly recommend greenwood forest park for a well priced entertaining day out for people with children, dogs also allowed on a lead.

The only drawback of this site was the midges. Far worse by the river than other parts of the site be sure to pack plenty of insect repellent !

Other than that (u can't help nature !) I would highly recommend this as a safe, clean and well run site.

Previous     118 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Gwynedd   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!