Visitor Reviews - Cherry Tree Site Exclusively Adults Only

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Site Reviews

Cherry Tree Site Exclusively Adults Only
Huttoft Road
Sutton On Sea
Lincolnshire   (Browse area)
LN12 2RU   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  1m  5m  1m   1m  5m

Open: 6th March - 1st November 2015

Units accepted:   No Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes

Reviews:  83 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Chestnuts 15 reviews from this member

Well what can we say. This is one of the best sites we have ever stayed at. The whole site is beautiful, what with the flowers and all the grass kept lovely, no litter, the rubbish bins are kept hidden and the whole area is immaculate. The showers and toilets are without exception, spotless. There is alovely walk across the field to the beach, all very well sign posted (only a very short walk on the road. ) We had a pitch nearest one to the road but the traffic noise was minimal, in fact we hardly heard it at all. Would we go back, to right we will, and we will recommend it to all our friends. The whole site is a credit to Sue and Kevin.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Scotty825 1 review from this member

Cherry Trees is a fantastic site and the facilities are top notch. As per the previous comments it is certainly not run like a military camp (my husband and son are in the military so I have first hand knowledge of what a military base looks and feels like!). The toilets and showers are spotless. The grounds immaculate. If anything Sue and Kevin have great team work in place to be able to achieve such high standards. Road noise was minimal during our stay. There is nothing to dislike about this site or the owners who go out of their way to make sure your stay is enjoyable. We will certainly be visiting again. We have rung on several occasions but the site has always been fully booked a testament to the owners. Cherry Trees certainly gets a 10/10 as far as we are concerned.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Georg Johannes 12 reviews from this member

This site is immaculate. All areas, both inside and out, are spotless. The grounds are colourfully landscaped and attractive. The grass is very well kept and the pitches are generous in size. There is no litter.

The showers are easy to use with no complicated settings and no extra charge. There is plenty of warm water. There is a little office full of tourist information. The reception seems to be open most of the time and the owners are friendly and helpful.

There is a glorious selection of beach huts on the nearby Sandilands promenade and a beautiful beach there too. The Bathing Beauties Festival at Mablethorpe was well worth a visit with many local craftspeople selling their wares and theatre and musical groups on the prom.

However, it seems that, in order to reach such high standards, the site has to be run almost along military lines. It seemed very regimented to me. Absolutely nothing was out of place, which would please some people, but can be taken too far. I was asked to move my Motorhome so that it was absolutely straight and in line with the exceptionally straight edges of the large pitch area. (This followed being inaccurately guided to reverse onto the pitch. ) Owners must park their units exactly on the two, small concrete markers in the middle of the pitch.

Holiday-makers are told not to walk their dogs on the site but to make their way to a minuscule patch of grass just outside the site alongside a fast, busy road. Horrendous in the dark. The walk to the sea also has a short section where you actually have to walk on this road. There was significant road noise throughout our stay.

The site is gated by one barrier for arrival and another for entering and leaving the site during your stay. The latter barrier is operated by a fob which corresponds to your pitch number but is locked at 11. 15pm. I feel this is early, most especially for those who want an evening out. I wonder if all this is strictly necessary. It looked a bit like the entrance to a military facility but felt like the holiday-makers had to be kept in!

I believe I saw a sign that asked that units not display holiday-type flags, which seems a shame but the rule I cannot accept is that commercial and sign written vehicles are not allowed on the site. I imagine it is felt that this would lower the tone. I wonder where families who can only afford one, work-related vehicle and a caravan go for a holiday? Such people are working, productive members of society and I don't see why they should be discriminated against.

I felt this was a very expensive site but I suppose such excellent facilities have to be paid for.

It is pleasing to find RADAR-accessed facilities for the disabled.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Bridget Clarke 4 reviews from this member

What a beautiful well kept site very spacious pitches. Lovely approachable owners. Toilet and shower blocks were superbly clean. The beach at Sutton on sea was a short walk away and was quite deserted even though it was August the owners should be very proud of this site and surely do deserve their 5* rating.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mags15 4 reviews from this member

First visit and won't be the last, as has been said previously excellent site and facilities cannot be faulted. I was also glad to be guided into the pitch by Kevin in our new Motorhome! Road noise not a problem. Enjoyed the walk across the field to the beach and would recommend the Fat Seagull Bistro/Deli in Sea Lane just off the seafront for coffee, lunch or afternoon tea.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Koicarpdavid 2 reviews from this member

Just come back from a lovely weekend at Cherry Tree. Beautifully presented site with nice flower beds and immaculate grass. No mess or litter anywhere. Toilet blocks better than some houses I've visited. A little dog area for that last widdle (the dog of course) and a pleasant walk across the fields to miles of doggy beaches. I note that some people mentioned being escorted to the pitch and guided in. Well, I for one am very grateful to Kevin. As a second trip with a large, brand new van, he directed me to reverse and I landed perfectly straight and level. Proud as punch I was. Sutton is a pleasant little town with a couple of nice chip shops, but we didn't really leave the site. The weather was superb. There is a little road noise from the A52, but nothing to bother us, and we are very picky about traffic. Highly recommended and we will definitely visit again. Many thanks to Kevin and Sue, you should be proud. Keep this gem for the adults.

Previous     83 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lincolnshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!