Visitor Reviews - Arklow House Farm Certificated Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Lincolnshire > Site Reviews

Arklow House Farm Certificated Site
Rotten Row
Theddlethorpe St Helen
Mablethorpe
Lincolnshire   (Browse area)
LN12 1NX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01507 473761  or  07976706075

5m  1m  1m  1m   10m  1m

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. You must be a Club member to use this site.

Reviews:  19 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100!
Win £100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Petals134 2 reviews from this member

Wow what a lovely place, hidden away with lovely green fields and a pond, my dogs had their own field to run around in, owner Gary very helpful on arrival although didn't see much of him afterwards but Molly his helping hand was a great help. To be fair the walk to the beach took us just over half an hour but it was a lovely walk through fields and what a lovely beach, it felt like my private oasis, miles and miles of golden sands, walked to mablethorpe daily took just under an hour to get there, also close to golden sands and the ferry boat inn, local pub to the site ( cant recall the name ) was a bit pricey for a glass of wine, well maybe I'm tight but a fiver for a small glass was a bit extortionate, menu for food wasn't ready when I arrived so I didn't stay, You need to be careful when walking to pub as there aren't many kerbs and you have to walk on the road for part of it, but what a lovely thatched cottage place. Anyway if you're still awake I would recommend Arklow House Farm. Lovely

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Mumoffive 16 reviews from this member

What an excellent find. Looking for a place to retreat to for some rest and relaxation. Perfect!

Despite an issue with double booking the owner could not have been more helpful and apologetic. Indeed the spot he found for us was brilliant.

Icing on the cake for us was the field where we could free run the dogs.

We will definitely return here. Thank you xx

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Podds 5 reviews from this member

Lovely site five serviced pitches, shown to to our pitch, made very welcome.

Showers could to with up grading looking a bit sad, but plenty of hot water but other wise very good.

9 hole golf course and also fishing lake on the site.

Local pub we used three times. Can walk from site but lack of pavements could be a bit dangerous ?

On the whole nice clean site and friendly people.

Mablethorpe - nice beach, kiss me quick hats and bingo.
Sutton on Sea - old fashioned.

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Janetandpaul 19 reviews from this member

We have just returned from 3 nights at this site, The owners are Gary and Hannah. I read the reviews before we went.

One review said the wi fi was no good so didn't take my laptop,

Big mistake, The other people who were on site were getting the web cam no problem. So now for my review.

The toilets were clean and the showers were hot,

To say there is one toilet and shower each for male and female, we did not have a problem, no waiting.

We got told if ever there was someone in the shower we could use the other one, ladies or gents, they also have a pot wash,

Because I didn't take my laptop Gary the owner even offered to lend me his I Pad for the night,

I didn't but thanked him for the offer, will take the laptop next time as you can see the foxes and badgers feeding on the web cam, we had a few games of golf my husband did some fishing in the lake, there are geese around the fishing lake but they are fenced in. Lovley site would recommend it we will definitely be going back great value for money,

Not far from Mablethorpe.

We found a lovely cafe recommend the meals, The Regency Cafe, Victoria road LN12 2AF, We had the Sunday lunch very nice and reasonably priced,

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bubbles2 1 review from this member

What a gem of a site. Just finished a 2 week stay. Owner is great and very helpful. Toilets and showers are always very clean. Lots of space and generous pitches. Free WIFI and wildlife cam at night. Close but not too close to Mablethorpe. Exactly what I wanted and I will be returning. Yes there are industrial units but it did not effect my enjoyment at all.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lynn Douthwaite 4 reviews from this member

Stayed at site for 4 nights, very clean tidy site, shower block clean, plenty of hot water, only one female shower and toilet and one male shower, toilet, wouldn't like to be there when there is a lot of people staying, fishing slow the first day but better second day, catching carp, perch and bream, Wifi connection dreadful, I spent half my time walking ages walking round for connection, .

Owners mother was great, very chatty, walking around with a friendly crow on her arm,

Disappointed with beach as it says a mile away but longer than that and very dangerous with heavy traffic on lanes so didn't go.

Watch out for the golf balls as one came flying over when we went for a walk also one came over near our motorhome,

Bit bored during day and a lot of work noise from warehouse buildings that run the full length of the site

Electric fence around pond, very deep wAter but fenced off

Nice to see the foxes on the live webcam look around 10. 15 pm if you can get a signal,

Previous     19 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of £100 of Caravan Club vouchers or £100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just £48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Lincolnshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Festival Starter Package Win a BioLite CampStove and USB Charger!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival, East Yorkshire - 18th to 21st August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival and an amazing fun weekend for all the family. Find out more, claim 10% discount or win tickets

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016