Visitor Reviews - Port A Bhaigh Campsite

Altandhu
Achiltibuie
Ullapool
Highlands   (Browse area)
IV26 2YR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m

Pitches: 42 HARD STANDS 50 TENTS
Open: All Year(ring For Notification)

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  38 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: RicB 1 review from this member

A very good site for users, including good facilities, and a great outlook. However it is a bit of a blot on the landscape, and has an unsympathetic over engineered concrete access track. (It's not completely on its own in this respect as there a number of inappropriate developments ( particularly mobile cabins) popping up over several places in the NW highlands. ) The site fees are also excessive, particularly during the low season.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Nora72 6 reviews from this member

Fantastic location and well worth the long and narrow road you need to travel on. Overlooks a sheltered bay ideal for kayaking around. Great views. Pretty quiet and peaceful site. Choose your own pitch. New and good quality shower block but could've been cleaned more often. Wifi only available in shower block. Nice pub at the top of the drive but food very expensive - nice though!

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Fox Hat 3 reviews from this member

This is one of my favourite places in Scotland. The bay is beautiful for snorkeling, surfing and just messing around.

The facilities are in great order and I keep returning again and again. In some of the other reviews, it does say about the noise. I've been coming to this site for years and it is getting well knows with some surf tours using it. I guess, as with any campsite, it can be a bit the luck of the draw as to what the neighbouring campers will be like. I've never had any problem here though.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tisfortom 7 reviews from this member

This site is in a great place especially if your planning to tackle the hills in Coigach. It has good facilities. I arrived here on a busy June evening to camp and the site seemed to be very busy.

The main reason I have marked this down is due to other inconsiderate campers and a poorly policed site. On my trips around Scotland I don't think Ive ever had to tell people to keep the noise down at 1am in the morning! I can can understand and live with peeps chatting quietly late at night but laugh out loud balking at 1am and later is out of order. The other issue was peeps cooking by the entrance to the amenity block both in the evening and in the morning where they moved to the middle of the drive hampering campervans trying to leave the site. Had the owners been on site at any of these times I'm sure this would have been sorted. Will I return? Probably, as I think I caught this site at its worse.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Merlin147 1 review from this member

This was our first visit and we will most definitely return! The site facilities are excellent, very well maintained and providing some sitting area with free wi-if for those rainy moments! The site location provides some of the most spectacular views on the west coast and is perfect for water sports, cyclists and hikers. The pub offers wonderful local seafood and also a takeaway menu along with great wine and beer. The locals and staff are friendly and enjoy the Craic.

On arrival we 'checked-in' at the pub and we were able to have our pick of any pitch. We chose a fantastic spot overlooking the beach and the Summer Isles. This alone is worth returning for! It's a good strong but short walk to the Pub for food etc. In all we spent 3 nights here, we will be back.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: HunterHymer 2 reviews from this member

It is an amazing location with excellent views. I was lucky as there were only 2 other units on the site so I had plenty of choice. I booked in at the pub whilst enjoying a beer and seafood. Not necessarily cheap but excellent quality. The site staff are very friendly and the facilities are excellent. It is not particularly cheap but I look forward to returning again as I enjoyed the cycling.

Previous     38 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Highlands   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar