Visitor Reviews - Fishery Creek Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Fishery Creek Caravan & Camping Park
100 Fishery Lane
Hayling Island
Hampshire   (Browse area)
PO11 9NR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 023 92 462164

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  69 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Thegavs 1 review from this member

Well, Our first trip out as caravanners and I think we chose the perfect site. I emailed a few campsites with a few 'Newbie' questions and Fishery Creek got back to me the very next morning with the answers, this gave me a good vice and I called up and booked for 2 nights the lady was very polite and understanding of my request for an 'easy access' Pitch.

On arrival the receptionist was great and explained the rules, where the facilities where, how to get to our pitch and also how to get to a few of the local attractions and shops.

I managed the dreaded first time reverse quite neatly onto our Premium pitch overlooking the creek and with a bit of guidance from our learned neighbours we were set up in no time! The hookup was easy and the pitches clearly marked

OVERVIEW - I'd been a bit worried by some reviews I had read on here about Fishery Creek but I honestly cant liken their reviews to the site I visited! It was clean, tidy, everyone we encountered was friendly and said hello, lots of tips and advice when they found out it was our first time! I agree there does seem to be a lot of 'Seasonal' caravans on site but I don't feel this is in anyway intimidating, they're well maintained and smart. In fact the only side effect was a bit of Awning envy! We had a lovely stay here and will definitely be coming back before the summers over.

SHOWERS/TOILETS - Always clean and never to busy even though id estimate the site was at 85% capacity. These facilities were the main stumbling block to my wife agreeing to a caravan but even she was impressed! Having never been on a campsite before I'd describe them as like changing cubicles at a swimming pool, with a half for dressing and a half with a shower in!

THE PARK - Parks a park, all in good order and tidy, my 5 year old made good use of it!

CAFE - now I think this is run by a separate company but it was still a very good standard, they do a good full english and other breakfasty/cafe bits open 08:30 - 12:30 and I was told that now its peak season they will be open in the evening too.

LOCAL AREA - I frequently visited Hayling as a child as we had a static caravan there so it was great walking around seeing all the places I visited then, the beach is only a 5-10 min walk depending on your pace and is a lovely place, clean and not to busy, and the waters lovely once you're in! there's a few cafes, shops and pubs to choose from for supplies or a meal out, and of course the fantastic fish and chip shop that always had a queue out of the door! Further up you have the Funfair, a highlight for my Daughter and actually quite good value with their token or wristband system.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ghislaine 21 reviews from this member

We camped here for 2 nights at the end of the half term holiday. As expected the camp site was busy with a mixture of families, old and young. Pleasant welcome at reception and explanation of facilities. We requested a sea view and were pitched near the creek. There was easy access to the creek path from the site. A short walk takes you to local shops and the sea front. We were pitched on flat level grass. To come again, we would want a premium pitch as we felt hemmed in and overlooked our neighbours. Good clean showers and toilets.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jlucy 1 review from this member

We arrived at approximately 7:45pm one evening after a stressful journey. We were greeted by a friendly and polite member of staff. Who quickly explained the rules of the camp site - which were certainly no stricter than other sites we have been on, she then promptly directed us to our pitch.

As motorhomers the service points could not have been more accessible and we parked on our pitch.

Now to be honest the site could benefit from a little more pitch maintenance.

The showers and toilet facilities were clean and in good order.

The location was just 5 minutes away from shops, cafes and sea front. This was a real bonus as being in a motorhome we wouldn't really have wanted to drive and to try and park up. We all enjoyed the walk. The first morning we had breakfast in JR's which we found was good value for money and as it was a nice morning took advantage to use their tables and chairs outside.

There is a little train that will take you to the other end of hayling island and this run about every hour.

We found the actual site very peaceful and the people were friendly.

As we have a little dog it was important that the site accepts dogs, in fact they do and one of the staff recommended a nice dog route walk.

We believe that all in all it was good value for money, and we shall certainly be going back there soon.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: PODs 8 reviews from this member

Second time here and will come back again. It's great here and the premium pitches are very good, even if a bit pricey but as the saying goes, location location location. So pay the extra or you may regret it!

Slipway for small watercraft and for us this is fantastic as long as the tide is in!

Great walks along coast/estuary, down to the harbour or even into the little town. Cafe gift shops pubs and take always. Great fish and chips!

Maybe the seasonal pitches could do with tidying up a bit and certainly the standard pitches need some work.

Showers and toilets are spotless and the water is lovely and hot and the push button timer gives plenty of water for each press.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ericthefisch 3 reviews from this member

I have no idea where the people were staying who left the last few reviews- obviously NOT Fishery Creek! Perhaps rival campsite owners?

My partner & I have stayed here twice this year, in June and again in September. We have a large, old converted camper (which no-one was snobbish about) and on the 2nd visit we took friends who had a tent- who incidentally had very little difficulty getting their tent pegs in, but perhaps they were more used to manual labour than the other wall flowers who have pitched here.

This site is amazing, lots of room per pitch- especially near the lake and creek on the premium pitches. Good quality and more than adequate electric supply. Superbly clean facilities, showers & toilets are lovely and all with disabled access. The launderette is very pleasant and very good value. Clean, friendly site with an array of wild flowers, insects & birds. There were some happy children there when we stayed (there is a playground), and very happy dogs on leads. But a very quiet, peaceful site during the evenings and at night- not bad during the day either!

The staff are very friendly and very helpful. Easily contactable prior to your visit by phone and email. And always approachable and knowledgeable whilst you are there, nothing is too much trouble. The little on site shop is very handy, but for more there is a small shop five minutes walk away or larger stores within a short drive.

There is a great walk along the well used path around the headland which leads directly from the campsite. Also direct access to the creek for campers who want to use kayaks or canoes.

The walk along the creek- the short cut to the local pubs, restaurants, ice cream parlour and takeaways is a little narrow. However, one of our friends is registered blind and he managed it safely without falling in. Enough said.

3 friendly local pubs within walking distance, a great fish & chip shop/restaurant, Chinese, Indian & pizza takeaway shops, an off licence and a very addictive ice cream parlour! A short taxi drive away is 'The Inn on The Beach', a little more expensive- but great food and wonderful ales from around the world and a great selection of wines- the views are breathtaking!

This site is a great location for visiting Portsmouth, Havant, Southampton and so on- as long as you have a car as local public transport is a little thin on the ground, although there are regular buses which have stops near the site. However for cyclists the island as a whole is amazing, with dedicated cycle paths.

This is one of the best sites we have stayed at over our 10 years of camping (We are in our 30's & early 40's in case you need to know!). We will be back, as we have all agreed it will be difficult to one that matches this for quality, cleanliness and friendliness. Well worth the money.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Angie1965 2 reviews from this member

Didn't like this site much! Small pitches, jobsworth rule-enforcing staff, noisy campers with barky dogs. Didn't catch a single crab yet that is supposedly one of the highlights of the site. Very expensive at almost 40 per night too! On the plus side, spotless facilities, nice stroll to the fab but stony beach. Good gift shops and a nice pub (lifeboat) and a gorgeous Chinese takeaway (Dynasty) which sells a bigger variety of dishes than I have ever seen.

Previous     69 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!