Visitor Reviews - Fishery Creek Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Fishery Creek Caravan & Camping Park
100 Fishery Lane
Hayling Island
Hampshire   (Browse area)
PO11 9NR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 023 92 462164

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   5m  1m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  72 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: LAPTOPTONY 1 review from this member

This is a wonderful site with great people managing the site.

I am very new to the touring caravan world and this was my first time out.

I had a very nice warm welcome on arrival and I felt I better explain this was my first time out just in case of any mishaps.

I was reassured I would be a season pro after a few trips out and if there was anything I didn't understand just come back to reception and ask and they would point me in the right direction which they did more than once.

That evening my wife and five year old son joined me and we had our evening meal at the camp sites small but very clean and very reasonably priced restaurant with a childs menu and happy staff.

This was a great find by my wife with all its clean and very tidy facilities we will be back to enjoy this great camp site very soon.

Thank you for your friendly welcome and advice.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Alan200663 1 review from this member

Went there for a weekend have been there a few times lovely site could not ask for much more staff are fab and now they have a cafe restaurant very good food and good prices going back in two weeks time can't wait would recommend to all campers and caravanners toilets clean showers clean and hot such a good site love it

Reviewer: Big girl 1 review from this member

Bit disappointing. Pitches very close together. No play area outside tent have to go up to the toilet blocks and kids play area is there. Found loads off broken glass in the kids play area and some on my pitch. 1 set off toilets and showers is not enough for the size of the site. Location was good great for walks. Just a bit overpriced for the pitch space.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Thegavs 2 reviews from this member

Well, Our first trip out as caravanners and I think we chose the perfect site. I emailed a few campsites with a few 'Newbie' questions and Fishery Creek got back to me the very next morning with the answers, this gave me a good vice and I called up and booked for 2 nights the lady was very polite and understanding of my request for an 'easy access' Pitch.

On arrival the receptionist was great and explained the rules, where the facilities where, how to get to our pitch and also how to get to a few of the local attractions and shops.

I managed the dreaded first time reverse quite neatly onto our Premium pitch overlooking the creek and with a bit of guidance from our learned neighbours we were set up in no time! The hookup was easy and the pitches clearly marked

OVERVIEW - I'd been a bit worried by some reviews I had read on here about Fishery Creek but I honestly cant liken their reviews to the site I visited! It was clean, tidy, everyone we encountered was friendly and said hello, lots of tips and advice when they found out it was our first time! I agree there does seem to be a lot of 'Seasonal' caravans on site but I don't feel this is in anyway intimidating, they're well maintained and smart. In fact the only side effect was a bit of Awning envy! We had a lovely stay here and will definitely be coming back before the summers over.

SHOWERS/TOILETS - Always clean and never to busy even though id estimate the site was at 85% capacity. These facilities were the main stumbling block to my wife agreeing to a caravan but even she was impressed! Having never been on a campsite before I'd describe them as like changing cubicles at a swimming pool, with a half for dressing and a half with a shower in!

THE PARK - Parks a park, all in good order and tidy, my 5 year old made good use of it!

CAFE - now I think this is run by a separate company but it was still a very good standard, they do a good full english and other breakfasty/cafe bits open 08:30 - 12:30 and I was told that now its peak season they will be open in the evening too.

LOCAL AREA - I frequently visited Hayling as a child as we had a static caravan there so it was great walking around seeing all the places I visited then, the beach is only a 5-10 min walk depending on your pace and is a lovely place, clean and not to busy, and the waters lovely once you're in! there's a few cafes, shops and pubs to choose from for supplies or a meal out, and of course the fantastic fish and chip shop that always had a queue out of the door! Further up you have the Funfair, a highlight for my Daughter and actually quite good value with their token or wristband system.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Ghislaine 24 reviews from this member

We camped here for 2 nights at the end of the half term holiday. As expected the camp site was busy with a mixture of families, old and young. Pleasant welcome at reception and explanation of facilities. We requested a sea view and were pitched near the creek. There was easy access to the creek path from the site. A short walk takes you to local shops and the sea front. We were pitched on flat level grass. To come again, we would want a premium pitch as we felt hemmed in and overlooked our neighbours. Good clean showers and toilets.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Jlucy 1 review from this member

We arrived at approximately 7:45pm one evening after a stressful journey. We were greeted by a friendly and polite member of staff. Who quickly explained the rules of the camp site - which were certainly no stricter than other sites we have been on, she then promptly directed us to our pitch.

As motorhomers the service points could not have been more accessible and we parked on our pitch.

Now to be honest the site could benefit from a little more pitch maintenance.

The showers and toilet facilities were clean and in good order.

The location was just 5 minutes away from shops, cafes and sea front. This was a real bonus as being in a motorhome we wouldn't really have wanted to drive and to try and park up. We all enjoyed the walk. The first morning we had breakfast in JR's which we found was good value for money and as it was a nice morning took advantage to use their tables and chairs outside.

There is a little train that will take you to the other end of hayling island and this run about every hour.

We found the actual site very peaceful and the people were friendly.

As we have a little dog it was important that the site accepts dogs, in fact they do and one of the staff recommended a nice dog route walk.

We believe that all in all it was good value for money, and we shall certainly be going back there soon.

Previous     72 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers