Visitor Reviews - Glenbrittle Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Isle Of Skye > Site Reviews

Glenbrittle Campsite
Isle Of Skye   (Browse area)
IV47 8TA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m   10m

Open: 1 April - 30 September

Reviews:  56 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cazcharles 1 review from this member

Best views of any campsite in the uk

Spent three nights here and thoroughly enjoyed it

Facility's were very clean and adequate but I'm no glamper!.

Dog Friendly, not loads of kids

A beautiful place to escape to and ill be back in 2016 as three days isn't long enough to explore the island

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Walters-world 12 reviews from this member

A perfect site for 'getting away from it all', as the drive out there should tell you. The scenery is lovely (if you can see it!). This is the second time we have been here and unfortunately both times it was misty and raining so we haven't been able to enjoy the full experience of the site (e. G. Walking the hills and beach - as I am a fair weather walker!). This time we only stayed one night on our tour of Scotland.

The facilities were clean and tidy, and as the site was not very full there were no queues for the showers.

I'm glad we opted to go without an electric hook up as I wouldn't have liked to be in the 'car park' that was for the 'vans wanting electric. You would also have had everyone walking past your 'van to get to the toilet/shower block.

If you are going for more than a couple of days be prepared by bringing food as the shop is expensive and does not have much stock.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: PaulaMB 16 reviews from this member

We had great hopes for Glenbrittle but felt that it was trying to be a bit 'too cool'.

Amazing location, the weather was not kind to us and we left early, having had 40mph winds and rain, when the forecast was for 45-55mph gusts. Our tipi tent is bulletproof but we were struggling a bit for things to do after days of rain with a 9 year old.

The facilities are OK, just OK. There is a coffee shop which serves food (I think) and a little shop selling camping items and basic provisions.

Showers are 20p for 8 minutes, mine only managed a pathetic trickle of water which wasn't great. Some people were putting two coins in meaning a long wait as 16 mins plus changing time is a long time when there are only two showers and lots of campers. No loo roll in the toilets.

We felt that the site was a bit 'grabby', fairly busy, just had a very commercialised feel to it which we didn't expect. I don't want a coffee shop and cafe on a site, I want a decent free shower (and enough of them) and loo roll in the toilets when I have paid a decent price.

22 pn for two adults plus a child.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Arniesdad 13 reviews from this member

I have visited this site many times in the last ten years or so and will always love the spectacular setting and air of peace that seems to exist at Glenbrittle. Although mostly used by hardy adventurers conquering the Cullins there are usually a few non-hook-up campervans around and a fairly small area next to the amenity block for electricity hungry motorhomes, and they will have to be hungry as the extra hook-up price is 7 a night! (most I have heard of in Scotland?). My main grumble, and the reason for Glenbrittle dropping out of my top three Scottish sites, is that money has been spent in the (very handy) shop on site on buying a state-of-the art coffee/cocoa machine and providing a kind of breakfast service whilst any money allocated to the shower block seems to have gone on security and not the basic facilities. I appreciate the efforts of the owners to provide a basic free facility for non-campsite walkers, and this is to be applauded, but the campsite-only section is now I reckon, below standard (and charges for the showers - admittedly only 20p but for anyone who has already paid 7 for a hook-up it really taking the. ). I just think owners of sites should go and use the facilities themselves and see what they think! Moan over - it's still a beautiful site and I will still come here albeit without hook-up.

Reviewer: Angef 28 reviews from this member

We arrived at Glenbrittle at 1pm hoping to get a hook up, not realising they had to be pre-booked. Realising the 2 campervans in front of us were doing the same, we decided we weren't going to be lucky and get one, so we opted for no electric.

Im very fussy about toilets/showers, but the scenery and setting of the site just blew all that away, and that's saying something for me!

Set right next to the beach and at the foot of the mountains, the location is simply stunning. Lots of walks go from the site, so perfect setting if you want to hike/ramble. The shop has a map of a popular walk you can do which it seemed lots of fellow campers did, us included, and we weren't disappointed.

The site is set 6 miles down a track with many passing places and not in bad condition at all, so don't let that put you off.

Yes the toilets are not the best, but they were relatively clean, I had to queue for the shower but 20p for 8 minutes was ok, all the time I was there no one took the full 8 minutes. I don't like spiders but there weren't that many, probably fattened up on the many midges.

The shop does sell midge nets - but at a price ! you can get these for a quarter of the price before you travel and you really will need them when the wind drops. But this is Scotland and its to be expected and really not much you can do about it other than be prepared.

The pitches are big, and the earlier you get there the better choices you have as this site does get very busy later on in the day. When reception is shut you can pitch where you like and pay later.

I would have no hesitation going back to this site, even though I like good facilities, the setting and scenery more than compensate for the toilets (which weren't that bad and ive seen far worse) !

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Bjames839 8 reviews from this member

First of all, we can't believe people on here have previously marked the site down for lack of facilities for kids. The sea and clean beach are literally on the doorstep, plenty of walks and nature abound, (we saw deer, minky whales, golden eagle and seals, just on walks from the site!), rock pools, the list goes on. If you're looking for a site that has a playground, nightly 'entertainment' in the bar, or anything like that. Go elsewhere. Please! Save this site for people who prefer the simpler things in life. Yes the facilities are maybe a little 'basic', but there's plenty of hot water for showering and washing up, a well stocked shop run by informative and friendly staff, and the location is simply stunning. The views of the mountains and/or ocean from every pitch are breathtaking and I'm always a bit disappointed in my photos from here as they never seem to do it justice. An amazing campsite, along with the ones at Durness, Achmelvich and Clachtoll, and Fidden Farm on Mull, one of, for us simple folk anyway, the finest in the country! Cheers for an ace week and can't wait to go back.

Previous     56 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Isle Of Skye   -   Search for a site

Win a Buzz Rack Scorpion 2 Bike Carrier Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Coming Soon!