Visitor Reviews - Gunvenna Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Gunvenna Holiday Park
St Minver
Wadebridge
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL27 6QN   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   10m  1m  5m

Open: Easter To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  32 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Gullsie 3 reviews from this member

Just returned home after a 4 night visit in our bell tent and can not wait to return. Beautiful site spotless. The grass was in amazing condition considering it's the end of the season. The facilities were spotless plenty of toilets, showers even disabled bathroom with baby bath in which was so spacious. The owner and family/ staff obviously take great pride in keeping this site in such a high standard. Used the dog shower, which is a god send after taking the dog on the beach. In the washroom it had every thing a sink to soak, washing machine spinner and dryer reasonable prices as well.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Emma Cook 5 reviews from this member

This is a wonderful campsite set in the hills; offering a lovely view as well as peace & quiet. It isn't very big and is beautifully looked after. The family owners are friendly and helpful.

The toilet block is well maintained and plenty of toilets, sinks and showers. As well as 4 washing up sinks and a washing machine and 2 driers.

The indoor pool is also well maintained and was well used by my daughter. The children also enjoyed using the games room. The children's play area looked great!

We were only here for 5 days but wished we had booked for longer. Will definitely be coming back. I could not fault it at all.

It is a drive to the nearest shops but the on site shop stocked a good range of 'emergency' items plus the fresh croissants for breakfast were divine!

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Debbienicola 21 reviews from this member

We spent 10 days in one of their hexagon glamping pods and loved every minute. We usually camp with a tent but thought we would 'glamp' this year and definitely recommend.

The site itself is very good. Very quiet at night. Brilliant park for the kids, even a swimming pool, which is only small but just right for a cool dip! I thought there were adequate showers with plenty of hot water. Enough pot wash sinks, recycling and laundry room. The small games room was a favourite with our 12 year old. There is a small fully stocked shop on site.

The site Is an ideal base for touring around north Cornwall. The beaches at Polzeath and Rock are brilliant for surfing, body boarding etc. We also did Coasteering from Polzeath, with ERA Coasteering which was superb! I recommend a visit to Port Isaac where Doc Martin is filmed. Also take your bikes as the Camel trail is excellent.

Would definitely stay again.

Reviewer: Kernow63 7 reviews from this member

Just returned from 10 days at Gunvenna. What a fantastic site it is! It is really well kept with (friendly) staff members always to be seen around the site doing something. The pitches are a really good size and we never felt overcrowded at all. The toilets and showers were really well kept and cleaned numerous times during the day. There was always plenty of hot water in the showers, which were free of charge. The new kids play park was great and that and the larger playing field kept ours (aged 5 and 7) occupied most of the time with friends that they made. We also used the swimming pool quite a lot and that never got overcrowded, in fact there were times when we were the only ones there! The site is really well placed with Padstow, Port Isaac, Rock, Tintagel and Boscastle all within easy reach, as are the numerous beaches in the area (Daymer Bay is a favourite with us). The site shop is quite small, but stocks the essentials. Larger scale shopping can be found at the convenience store in Rock or at supermarkets in Wadebridge.

All in all we had a great time and we will definitely be returning next year.

Reviewer: DannTheMan 1 review from this member

My first visit to Gunvenna was a couple of years ago fortunately to my Uncles Lodge located at the site. Right from the start I was very impressed with the site & with it's cleanliness & friendly staff. I have since been back to stay at the lodge again & I was joined by my cousin who camped. This side of the site I had never been to & what struck me most of all was the cleanliness of the showers, toilets & washing facilities, What a lovely site to pitch a tent. I must say that from then, I was hooked. Since then, nearly every weekend, I have been going back to the site camping. It is just like a home from home.

The site location is perfect to get to my favourite places Polzeath one way & Rock the opposite direction, literally a couple of miles each way. The site caters well for children, a lovely pool to cool off in & play area that my children were certainly happy to play in. The site itself has a really good vibe, I've found the other campers & lodge owners are so pleasant, everyone is very friendly & speaks, just lovely. Lastly, The staff I have found are just so helpful & friendly, no matter what you require, they do their utmost to help & keep the site itself so clean & tidy.

I started to come here in a lodge, I now camp, My cousin has started to join us with his family & our most recent visit he also invited his friends along with their family & we will all be back again very soon. Thank You Team Gunvenna for giving us lasting memories & brilliant family holidays! :-)

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sarahh56 40 reviews from this member

What a great site! Yet another great holiday, the weather was awful but the family tried their very best to keep the site clean and usable. We have been here several times and have never had a problem with drainage, but due to the dreadful summer of 2012 our awning was constantly muddy, however the rest of the site was clean and tidy.

This is the only site that we have stayed on where we have had the offer of a tow onto the pitch ( and this has been in glorious weather as well as wet weather).

Nothing is too much trouble, we will be back.

Previous     32 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers