Visitor Reviews - Boe Rigg

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > North East > Northumberland > Site Reviews

Boe Rigg
Charlton
Bellingham
Northumberland   (Browse area)
NE48 1PE   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m

Units accepted:    Tents  No Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  12 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Julie bri 3 reviews from this member

Just got back from a w/end in September 2013 at boe rigg. We picked this site after reading all the positive feed backs and have to say it was spot on. We were put on the camper van pitch 1. There was plenty space and you have your own water tap & waste drain. The licensed cafe is very clean & modern & reasonably priced, you can have a nice meal & drink at a fair price & choice of food & bottled beers & spirits. The toilets & showers were modern & very clean & warm. Staff were very helpful & smiling. The only negatives I would give is that they could keep the grass cut shorter as its a bit clumpy & spend a bit on landscaping the area. If they had an area of hard stands for caravans I'm sure they would get a lot more custom. We had a nice relaxing w/end & we will be back next year for a w/end that is a defo

Reviewer: Mrdandmrc 2 reviews from this member

Well done Maddy and Andrew for creating a fantastic site in such a short space of time. This was my first visit and I will be returning and recommending it to others.

It's a well laid out site with lots of room between the electric hook up pitches and plenty of water taps at hand. The showers and toilets are immaculate. The bistro cafe has a good selection of meals at good value prices and open from 8am - 8pm. When I stayed I didn't want to eat in as I didn't want to leave my two dogs in the tent for any length of time, so I was told I could order anything on the menu as a take out.

There seemed to be a lot of families on the site and the children were having loads of fun in the small play area. Much to the kids delight, you can have a camp fire, lots of marshmallows were been toasted. If you want to visit Northumberland I'd recommend using this site.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: JudithDerbyshire 2 reviews from this member

I had a lovely relaxing & enjoyable Sunday night at Boe Rigg and I plan to visit again soon to introduce my husband to the venue.

It is a well-laid out site with v good toilets, showers & facilities. I had one of the motorhome pitches so I could park my microcamper car with a shelter next to it and access the electric hookup.

My only complaint is that the Coffee Shed cafe/bistro is too tempting. So having treated myself to a scrumptious Fish & Chips evening meal there, and waking up to a steady downpour of rain, I gave into temptation again and went had breakfast in the cafe as I wanted good food, good coffee & access to free wifi. I like the design & style of the cafe, light, airy & very modern, which contrasts to the delights of the landscape & wild camping outside.

I had tried to book in for Saturday night but when I called that morning from home there was no answer. I called into the cafe later in the day and they said they were full. So we discussed the idea that it might be good to add to their answaphone message on days when they were full & very busy as last-minuters like me would then know the situation.

The staff were all very helpful & friendly and I was impressed by their positive approach to their work.

I look forward to future days spent there, with trips to Kielder and all the other Northumbrian attractions planned.

Reviewer: Little-scamp 2 reviews from this member

Really enjoyed visiting this site for a brief, one-night stay and will definitely return.

Although the managers informed us that the site was fully booked, the site never seemed busy. Toilet and shower facilities were spotless and plentiful meaning no queue!

Each electric hook-up had its own tap, with drainage! There was plenty of space between ourselves and the nearest neighbour.

Good doggie walks across the landowners fields with no livestock present at the time so the dogs had their freedom!

There is also a small playpark which is always a bonus for the kids, however, I did feel it was slightly unfinished as there was no safe base (bark) and the ground was quite rocky underneath the swings.

The is also an on site cafe/bistro open from 8am-8pm. We had coffee and cake there which was lovely and were able to purchase ice-cream, a lovely treat on a hot day!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Grrth 3 reviews from this member

Just come back from 3 night at this campsite and thought it was brilliant.

It has been totally transformed from the previous owners with a new, more upmarket chilled out site with not too many plots, firepits for campfires, on site bistro, good toilet facilities and a fairly basic children play area.

No sight of any midges, 8 miles from Kielder water and forest as well as just over an hour to unspoilt beaches we couldn't have had a better time all for 17 a night for 2 adults/2 kids.

As a previous review has stated it could do with a good mow but I understand from the owners this on the to-do list as well as a few other cosmetic changes.

Once this is done it would be worth a 10/10.

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Other
Reviewer: Site Owners

Message from site owners:

Boe Rigg re-opened at the end of May 2013 as a completely new business, owned & managed by my husband, Andrew & myself, Maddy. We undertook a refurbishment of the existing Bistro & turned it into a fine food cafe, called 'Boe Rigg Coffee Shed'. We now sell homemade bread, local produce, original art & gifts.

The campsite is a work in progress, however the crazy golf course has been permanently removed. We are taking on-board and reacting to all guests feedback during this first season, in an effort to make this a great site for forthcoming visitors. We hope guests can appreciate that we are small acorns at the moment (running campsite for only 6 weeks!) but we will hopefully grow into something very special.

Previous     12 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Northumberland   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!