Visitor Reviews - Flodabay Farm

Flodabay Farm
4 Flodabay
Isle Of Harris
Hebrides   (Browse area)
HS3 3HA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  1m  10m  1m  1m  10m  10m   10m  1m  5m

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Chick Mailey 1 review from this member

We had an amazing time here. The owner could not have been more friendly and welcoming, we tried all of his homemade food he had on offer and ended up staying for 3 night's. We were greeted by a golden eagle one night as we returned from our travels around the island, and I fished the Loch's just above the camp site, and was rewarded with 2 brownies over the 3Lb mark and caught around 25 fish in all, all on the Fly, I returned all of them safely to the water. We will definitely visit here again when we return to the Isle's. I would highly recommend a visit here, it was stunning !

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sun dance1997 1 review from this member

We were booked into the campsite just for the one night but the view was absolutely fantastic and the owner was so friendly and had really thought of everything to make people want to stay longer. The pitches were up a steep hill overlooking a beautiful bay towards Skye. He had made a driving range with three greens up in the hill where we could hit as many balls as we liked. He leant us a rod to go fishing in his two private lochs at the back of the pitches. The owner told us to watch out for the golden eagle which flew back and forward over the site - it was an amazing bird of prey to watch. We had water and waste disposal but there was no toilets on site yet but they are planned for December. We were able to use our own toilet in the motorhome and used our shower for the first time so it wasn't a problem. We ended up staying another night because it was so good and unique. The owner offers seafood amongst other food to be delivered to your door when you wish. We had the most fantastic seafood which included scallops, smoked hot salmon, dressed crab, prawns and also his own black pudding - it was delicious!

We would highly recommend this site and will definitely go back.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hilli 1 review from this member

We had booked 7 nights at Flodabay in our caravan and were so glad we did. The road leading up to Flodabay was a bit narrow, but spectacular scenery. The owner was at the gate to meet us on a sunny Saturday. We had booked pitch 1 over looking the bay, but a storm was coming in so the owner suggested pitching in his drive, which was a very good idea as the winds were very strong.

The owner was so friendly and couldn't do enough for us, a perfect host. We got some of his homemade sausages which were delicious and his eggs from the shore line chickens were out of this world.

Flodabay is an ideal base for touring Harris and going into Lewis. The pitches are up a steep hill, they are very spacious and the views are breathtaking. There are quite a few picnic benches to sit and enjoy the view, we even saw 2 sea otters. There aren't any showers or toilets as yet, but that didn't bother us having our own facilities.

There are 2 private lochs that you can fish in the owner also supplies the rods, loads of land to roam which our dog loved.

One night the owner arrived with the most delicious mashed potatoes, scallops and prawns.

All in all we had a fantastic holiday even though weather wasn't that kind. Definitely recommend Flodabay

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Suestaines 1 review from this member

Just returned from touring the Outer Hebrides in a campervan with my disabled grandson. Stayed here for two nights and the owner could not have been more helpful towards us both. I was met at the gate even though I was four hours late as the ferry from N. Uist was cancelled? The site was up a steep gravel roadway which I managed in first gear after the owner had driven me up the day before. My site and the views on this unusual but breathtaking landscape took my breath away as we'll as the hairy journey around the narrow roads. I wouldn't have missed this for the world. Water and electric hookup together with disposal was all we needed but there are plans for showers and toilets.

My second night I was treated to the most mouthwatering meal delivered hot to me. All I needed to do was eat it. What a treat.

I was treated to a sample oh their home made honey and freshly cooked bread and oat cakes.

I hadn't realised it but there was also a service wash available.

From our Luna landscape base we could see the lochs and even the seals and although I didn't. 't use them there was our own picnic table. Very few places to stay on this island but I am delighted that I braved the 'C' road to this unique setting.

The owner did everything within his power to make my stay a great one. Many thanks.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Doris57 5 reviews from this member

Surrounded by lunar landscape in a truly peaceful spot overlooking the bay. If you want total peace, tranquillity and wildlife this is the place. Coming south Floddabay B&B is on your left and opposite is a newly fenced entrance. If you not greeted upon arrival by Tony then pull off road and knock on B&B. Do not be put off by very steep drive, looks worse than it is and is worth the view. We got our 7mtr MH up fine. Only five pitches, with two prime ones at the front with an unobstructed view to sea. Level pitches(but front two very exposed in windy weather). Bay very good for seals and resident otter. Miles of open space behind and two lakes with marked out walks out and about. Only here two nights so did not try out the golf. EH, Grey waste and fresh water. No loo but had that all on board so not bothered. Picnic benches provided to each pitch. Tony could not be more helpful and nothing was too much trouble. Can order cooked meals delivered to your unit if ordered the night before. (Tony was a chef in previous times and his food is recommended). Only thing I would say is, it was the most expensive stop of the whole Hebrides trip, 20 a night & 5 extra for a front pitch with a view. Suited more to couples.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: JLHGJH 1 review from this member

A wonderful site in a unique location. The owner has done everything possible to make this an exceptional experience. The food, brought hot to your van door would grace any high class restaurant and is all locally sourced. The owner has created a private nature reserve, complete with lochs, otters and orchids for campers to explore and enjoy, with the added benefit of free canoe and boat, fishing rods and golf drives. This tiny site(4 or 5 pitches)is a must for anyone exploring the Outer Hebrides and deserves to be a huge success.

Previous     33 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hebrides   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!