Visitor Reviews - Kings Lynn Caravan & Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Norfolk > Site Reviews

Kings Lynn Caravan & Camping Park
Parkside House
New Road
North Runcton
Kings Lynn
Norfolk   (Browse area)
PE33 0QR   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 5m  1m  1m  1m   5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Glamping

Reviews:  80 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: August 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Nellyspania 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here for a weekend in August; it was very busy as you would expect for the school holidays but we didn't feel too squashed in as the pitches are a good size.

The staff were really friendly and helpful and the facilities good with two shower blocks and well stocked shop.

Unfortunately a couple of times people tracked dirt into the shower cubicles and didn't clean up with the mop and squeegee provided which was a bit annoying but no reflection on the site!

There is a no noise after 10pm policy which wasn't totally adhered to but generally just a little noisy talking on Friday night and soon quietened down.

There was a local pub we ate at 'The Gate' and the food was good value.

The location is very close to a retail park so plenty of shopping nearby and easy access to Kings Lynn, Hunstanton etc.

Also Castle Rising is nearby with a great castle to explore.

Bear in mind the site is quite close to a busy road so a bit of noise from this but not too bad.

Would definitely stay again if in the area.

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Carolinamoon87 5 reviews from this member

My second time away as a solo camper and this site really was amazing to me.

Ed and Phil helped me put my tent up and checked on me daily when we crossed paths and I literally love them for it!

I was on a plot right outside the facilities block so when you need an early morning dash, it's perfect. The facilities were new and clean along with having spacious showers and enough toilets that you never waited.

There were 3 washing up sinks outside and another 3 inside which also housed a washer, dryer, freezer and bath! Wish I'd taken some candles now ;)

The shop on site has the basics just in case which was good because I forgot coffee and sugar and anyone who knows me knows that I can't survive!

Caravans & RV's were also on site as well as lodges and pods which looked stunning. There's also a play ground there too but I didn't want to risk playing on it at 30. ;)

I literally can't praise the site enough and the staff! would love to go back to do more sight seeing.

If you go I'd recommend Sandringham Estate and I wish I'd have gotten to Rising castle before closing too because it looked stunning!

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Julian Dearson 46 reviews from this member

We stayed here for four nights in our RV; family stayed in one of the lodges as well.

The booking and arrival process could not have been easier and the people who run it are incredibly friendly and helpful. We have a large RV but this was easily accommodated in a pitch between reception and the shower block - perfect for us! The facilitates were very good with a heated toilet and shower block that was very welcome on one or two mornings!

There is a play area but we weren't around much to use it!

The lodge was clearly new but was still fantastic, hopefully it will stay like that for some time to come!

Kings Lynn is nice and there are some nice drives; definitely recommend Sandringham. Tried to get to a nature reserve near the Wash (third unsuccesful attempt by me so am giving up!) but otherwise is a really nice spot.

We would return if our timetable allowed.

Date of Visit: September 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: FvdS 1 review from this member

We (couple from Holland)) spent 5 days on the rally field with our touring touring caravan and dog. It was nog busy on the field so we enjoyed lot's of space. The facilities were very clean. No coin showers and water sufficiently warm. There was sufficient wifi reception in the caravan. There is not special dogwalk and you should not forget bags to clean dogpoo. We had a friendly reception from the owner. You can hear the roadnoise from the A47 very clear. The campsite is centrally located to visit West Norfolk and parts od Lincs and Cambridgeshire. It's close to the supermarkets and cheap petrol. King's Lynn has beautiful park called 'the Walk'. Please try the food at the nearby pub called 'the Gate' It was great and affordable (closed on mondays). It was shame the dryer was out of order. All in alll we had very nice time at the campsite.

Date of Visit: August 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Poggle106 2 reviews from this member

Lovely facilities at this campsite but gets very crowded on weekends.

Our large tent and one car completely filled our pitch. I felt there was little space to walk or for children to play. The site welcomes dogs but in reality there is nowhere to let them walk and so many owners ended up cleaning up after their dogs on other pitches or around the toilet blocks which is less than ideal.

There are also quite a few rules for children to obey such as no kite flying etc.

We enjoyed our stay and found the toilets and showers to be very good even when busy. It certainly is a good site as a base for exploring Norfolk and the coast. I would recommend this site for that purpose.

I would not bring dogs here again.

Date of Visit: May 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Wendywoo1973 3 reviews from this member

First time visiting this site, on arrival we were greeted by a great team of people. We were taken to the pitch site and we were given the choice of several places to pitch up. We were a party of 3 tents and 1 caravan. We were able to pitch in a square and have our event shelter central. This is a first that a site has been so accommodating. Facilities, cannot fault them. Anytime any of us, and that was 8 adults and 6 children, needed to use the loo, shower, washing up, there was no waiting. We also had 5 Dogs between us, unfortunately this is where the site failed for us and we will not return. There were no dog mess bins. There was no dog run space on site, just a very narrow area where you could walk them to do toilet, but still unable to let them off. Off site the nearest let them off to run wild, was over a mile walk, and the locals along that walk are not happy with dog walking campers !

The only other thing was that we all felt quite on top of other people too, they do pack you in and pitch you on every bit of available land. And the pitches are really quite close together.

I would go back, just not with my dogs. The park on site looked great for younger children. And they had a 'No Ball games' policy but there was a bit of it going on.

Previous     80 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Norfolk   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more