Visitor Reviews - Broom Fisheries Certificated Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > Scotland > Dumfries and Galloway > Site Reviews

Broom Fisheries Certificated Site
The Lodge
Broom Farm Estate
Newbie
Annan
Dumfries and Galloway   (Browse area)
DG12 5PF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 1m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. You must be a Club member to use this site.

Reviews:  23 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mikey951r 10 reviews from this member

I stayed here for one night with my bicycle and a small touring tent whilst completing the Lands End to John O Groats ride. The owner offered me the opportunity to pitch to the front of the place by some caravans or he said I could camp by the lake. I naturally took the lake option and he showed me around the side of one of a number of lakes and said I could pitch anywhere I wanted. It was just like wild camping. The toilet and shower look new and there was plenty of water. The site does have the air of a former MoD site, but was in fact an explosives manufacturing facility operated by ICI. It closed some years ago. The main business of the site appears to be providing fishing facilities in a number of well stocked lakes. I know they're well stocked because I could here the fish jumping from my tent. The touring bit to the front of the house looks like it could do with reseeding and to the side there is a derelict static with no windows. Around the site in general there is a lot of work going on with new fences being put up and what looks like 3 or 4 static pitches being built. Only one shower was available because the other one is full of building materials. The site is quite some way down a concrete driveay and you need to get whatever supplies you need before you arrive because it's some miles to the nearest shop. I found the place absoluteoy fine, albeit a bit pricey at £10 and was happy with my pitch. Had I been on the touring bit I'm not sure I'd be so happy. This review will of course be superceded when the works are complete because I can see it does have potential and the work is underway.

Date of Visit: November 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Hotchef23 4 reviews from this member

Appears to be an old mod site. Space a plenty. Lovely walks for the dogs. Beach is five minutes away. Not best beach but adequate for dogs to exercise. Sunsets stunning wild life abounds.

The site has the air of a derelict mod site as does the beach.

A very long single track to site so can be difficult with other cars vans coming out.

Is a very busy working fishery but the fisherman are neither seen nor heard.

Toilets and shower clean hot and again meet size of site.

If you want peace and quiet this is the site. Host very friendly and always about with. Bit of cheery chat.

Stayed two nights and enjoyed it. But would say not for a full week unless you have plenty to do. Annan only five minutes away.

Handy for all main routes.

Will return for a quiet break sometime.

Date of Visit: October 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: VWBayCampervan 4 reviews from this member

This is a nice peaceful site ideal as a stopover from the M6/A74(M), or of course for fishermen or for those that just want piece and quiet, run by a very friendly and hardworking owner. We were only here overnight and it was dark and raining so we didn’t see the site at its best nor did we have the time to explore the walks other reviewers have.

The campers only toilet/shower room is perfectly adequate and clean although keeping it dry was a challenge at the time of year we were there (late October).

Access to the site is via a fairly long and narrow concrete roadway and anyone towing a caravan meeting another outfit coming in the opposite direction might find passing difficult but this is a 5 unit site so this is unlikely.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Camogirl- 10 reviews from this member

Found this by chance following signs from the road. A lovely gem of a site. Very quiet site with lovely well kept grounds. The owner told us the path to the beach which is about a 5 minute walk, great view when to get their. Well kept toilets and shower. I couldn't work out how to get the shower warm but think that was more me! Very well kept road to the site but does seem to go on for quite a way.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ianbee 1 review from this member

We had 3 nights at this site before moving on. Loved the site, also great for walking the dogs, whether on the beach or around the extensive grounds.

The owners were really helpful with information about the surrounding area and when we had a problem with a leaking window supplied sealant and steps which allowed me to effect a permanent repair.

They would not accept any payment.

We returned for another night on our way south.

We will definitely be returning.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Alibescat 30 reviews from this member

Just got back from a very relaxing weekend with hubby and our 2 dogs. On arrival I was concerned as the actual camping area is more suitable for vans and motorhomes with not much space for the 2 dogs but Carol put us on a separate grass area which was extremely spacious and ideal for us.

Carol was very helpful showing us the toilet and shower room which were clean and more than adequate for our stay, also helped us with some gas pipe as we forgot ours.

From this very interesting site you can walk to a nice quiet beach and if you head right you will arrive in Powfoot approx 2. 5 miles where there's a golf club and we enjoyed the great views with a few cold beers.

Take bug spray - we were bitten a fair bit.

Very relaxing chilled weekend on a basic clean adult only site.

Previous     23 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dumfries and Galloway   -   Search for a site

Win a bundle of VARTA camping essentials worth over £100! Win a Festival Starter Pack, worth over £100!

UKCS Meet Tribfest Festival 20th – 23rd August
The world’s biggest tribute band music festival in East Yorkshire - PLUS exclusive 10% discount on tickets!