Visitor Reviews - Brick Kiln Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > East Anglia > Suffolk > Site Reviews

Brick Kiln Farm
Campsea Ashe
Woodbridge
Suffolk   (Browse area)
IP13 0QL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  10m  10m  5m  5m   1m  1m  5m

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  17 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin a 300 Prize Package including 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: March 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Fuzzyfreak 29 reviews from this member

Good base for Woodbridge area of Suffolk, had the site to ourselves, probably because we were oblivious to the cold and hurricane force weather conditions on their way!

I note others have commented on Tina's friendly nature and I am glad, as she is a warm and lovely woman - this accounts for fifty percent of my stay anywhere. She told me to pitch where I wanted and we were left to it.

This is definitely not a twenty pound a night site - I have stayed at better for less - it has a nice toilet block, nice showers and nice washing up facilities with a lounge area - however, this is not heated, but lets be clear here, I am a hardened camper who has stayed on a field in the snow, I don't expect heated toilets but for twenty pound a night I felt like there should have been more to it.

My daughter was happy and Tina's Dad dealt with my toilet blockage with great manly humour, this is definitely on my 'again' list but I will await the fairer weather to get Suffolk at its best.

Reviewer: PaulaMB 19 reviews from this member

This is my second review of this site, we have been visiting for a few years. However, things change.

When we first started coming here there was plenty of room and perhaps 15-18 units. I visited in July 2014 with a small tent and was amazed at how many units were on site, I had a camper van pitch within about 2 feet of my tent and wasn't impressed but we were only there for one night.

We had already booked for August at that time as we had tickets for a festival a few miles away. Well, this time we counted in excess of 30 units and that was on the second night when some had gone home.

We pitched where we were told to and on more than one occasion had very rude campers walk through the guy lines on our awning (virtually under the thing), we were eating dinner at the time and less than impressed. When I asked them to use the path the other side of the flower bed they advised that 'they had walked that way before we pitched there' We even had someone showing a family of four where they could pitch traipse through our awning, I was livid at that point and I wished I had a windbreak!

There are two showers and two loos plus a shower and loo in the same room. The owner, who is as lovely as ever, did keep them clean considering the usage but the queues were horrendous - imagine it 3 loos being used by in excess of 100 people. There were even queues at 6. 30 am.

We came home a day early and probably won't return.

Still could be a fantastic site but not for us given the fact that the units are now crammed in and the facilities just inadequate.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Redwald 2 reviews from this member

This looked to be a nice site, upon arrival we found a very nice lady cleaning the rather rustic toilet/shower area who was most helpful in getting us pitched.

The site itself is rather isolated on a narrow country lane that is prone to flooding as we found out. It also runs parallel with (and close to) the busy A12, the main arterial route to Norfolk, so can be a bit noisy.

The nearest shop is quite a hike from the site so drive unless you wish to brave walking across the fields or on roads with no footpath. The pub is a 2 mile walk and is opposite a rail station so handy for waiting for a train to London or Lowestoft. A bus service runs from Wickham Market but again is a very dangerous walk on a main road with no pavements to the nearest stop.

Not quite the perfect site for us I'm afraid

Reviewer: Cambscampers 2 reviews from this member

We have just come back from a lovely weekend at Brick Kiln Farm. The campsite is in a great location, very picturesque, and the facilities are excellent.

The shower and loo block were clean with lots of added extras.

The owners were very friendly and it was really nice to be able to buy wood and have a campfire.

We would thoroughly recommend this campsite and are looking forward to our next visit already!

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Cal72 9 reviews from this member

Our group of 8 tents and 1 caravan stayed here for a fabulous weekend of camping. This is a basic campsite of two flat fields with a central (communal) toilet and shower block, in addition there is a fully equipped kitchen and a dining room/ games room. Outside the children (&dads) had lots of space to play ball games plus there was a trampoline which the kids spent hours playing on. Campfires are permitted which is lovely. A great basic campsite well located for local attractions. Owners friendly and helpful. Our group hope to return next year to repeat the fun!

Reviewer: Ze_red_baron 9 reviews from this member

This is truly a charming little site with lots of lovely extra features:

PLUSES: (plenty of them!)

+ Very Charming, lots of lovely little extra things, like toiletries, a communal seating area with games, and a gas cooker!

+ Nice location, very peaceful.

+ Campfires allowed (6 for a bag of wood, 16 for a barrow, 3 for a bag of kindling) - we made a bag last for two nights.

+ A cute honesty shop

+ A refreshingly trusting arrangement - pay at the end by placing the money in an envelope and post in a box.

+ Nice little play area for kids, including a massive trampoline.

MINUSES:

- Although very charming, with many a feminine touch, it could have been cleaner.

- The showers were a bit tricky to use and prone to run out of water (at least that's what the sign on the door indicated. ) Anyway it turns out, I didn't really need to wander around at midnight looking for the back-up shower (apparently somewhere round the back of the house) with a torch and nothing but a towel to protect my dignity; all I needed to do is turn one of the taps on to get the shower going!

Overall a lovely site - would definitely recommend it and come back.

Previous     17 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Suffolk   -   Search for a site

Win 3 AutoSock car snowsock sets worth 49.95+ each Win an OLPRO Caravan Cover in your size

UKCS Meet NEC Motorhome and Caravan Show 17th to 22nd October
See all the new-for 2018 products, including caravans, motorhomes, trailer tents and folding caravans plus 1000s of accessories ...more