Visitor Reviews - Lytton Lawn (shorefield Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Lytton Lawn (shorefield Holidays)
Lymore Lane
Everton
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO41 0TX   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  5m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m  1m

Open: February 10 To January 3

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  94 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16

Date of Visit: October 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Floatie 11 reviews from this member

EXCELLENT SITE! myself and my children (14 & 10) stayed here for the October half term, even in the storm! The site wardens were very helpful and friendly, nothing was to much trouble, they even organised a Halloween Fancy Dress Party and gave pitches that what to take part in Trick or Treat a laminated pumpkin saying please knock here. Some units decorated their vans with lights and pumpkins etc. Brilliant evening all children received a certificate for taking part.

As previous reviews mentioned the road, it was noisy but when I booked I just asked for a pitch on the far side of the site we stayed on 236 it backed on to the dog walk field didn't notice the road at all.

LOVED Shorefield Holiday Park which you can use while staying on this site (2. 5 miles up the road) kids swan and I sat in the Spa Bath, they even had four computers with free internet on just outside the bar area, also had free internet in the games room at Lytton Lawn, can't wait to return! Amazing value just look at their website this half Term costed me 12. 50 per night.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mandincornwall 2 reviews from this member

We stayed here when we went up to drop our daughter at university. We were loaded to the gunnels with her stuff. We had to have the annex on the awning just to store everything for which we were charged an extra 4 per night. Originally we booked for a 4 berth trailer tent then bought a two berth caravan. With the same amount of people the price went up because of the annex, I thought that a little weird.

After a harassed journey it was so nice to see the smiling faces of the wardens. They were very helpful.

I bought some frozen chips to go with our meal which I thought outlandishly expensive, but other things in the shop were reasonably priced.

We were there for almost 2 weeks and explored the area extensively and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

We used the pool at Shorefield almost every day and loved it.

We were pitched right down the bottom by the stream and got bitten by gnats quite a lot the first few days. Have wandered round the site and already picked where we'd like to be next time.

Showers were adequate but narrow.

Yes I would recommend this site and we will probably go again.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: David-Brown 1 review from this member

We visited this site for two weeks over the bank holiday. On arrival the wardens were helpful and cheerful. The shop seemed to be well stocked with all the basics. No problems finding pitch. Nice size pitch plenty of space for tent, gazebo and car. The only problem was the two large trees which blocked the sun, there seemed to be two or three pitches like this. The site is on a slight slope but ours were ok. There is a road running beside the site but the traffic noise was minimal. The showers and toilets always seemed to be clean and tidy. Nice showers but I found the cubicle a bit small. The washing up area was ok only minor problem if busy hot water slowed to a dribble. There is a small play park and a large field for the children to play in. There is a small steam running at the bottom of the site which children can get to although had no problem with insects while we were there. This is a nice quiet site even over the bank holidays by about 10pm the site was quiet. Would visit this site again

Reviewer: Antvtr1000 9 reviews from this member

Just spend a week at this site with our Monty 6 plus extension. We were on a serviced pitch 221 by the stream which was a good size, firm (after a long hot/dry period), level and slightly sloping (but were able to get everything fairly flat!).

Site staff, shop and facilities good, although the shower/loo blocks quickly become a bit messy with heavy use and are a touch dated, but fully functional. The wife wasn't happy about the lack of changing/ hair-drying type facilities.

No kids with us, but my Brother + grandkids rented a pre-erected Euro Tent (not recommended!) and the ids had a great time, although the playground is not particularly well situated given that every vehicle entering/leaving the park has to pass-by the park.

Beware the pitches bordering the main road, as there is a lot of road noise.

Site location great, Milford-on-sea 15 min walk, beach plus 5 minutes more. Good access to New Forest.

Supermarkets 3 miles in either direction, selection of Pubs within 15 minutes walk although I didn't try them.

Would recommend but would personally look elsewhere if returning to the area.

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Simonday 6 reviews from this member

We booked three nights here at the very last minute. When we arrived we were given a great welcome and given all the information we needed. Our pitch was nicely situated on fairly level grass towards the bottom of the site (Worth noting the pitches near the stream were quite muddy - when it rains it gets quite boggy down there. ) There was some road noise as others have mentioned but actually we quickly stopped noticing it.

The loo block was always clean, the showers were a little too hot for children I thought, it's a shame there was no way to adjust the temperature. There is a small playground but my daughter spent all her time paddling in the stream which runs along the bottom of the site! The shop is well stocked with essentials and a nice range of pocket money toys and ice creams.

We didn't need to use the pool at the other site as the weather was so lovely we made it into the sea at Christchurch!

Lytton Lawn is ideally located to explore the New Forest or the south Coast. Great fish and chips in Lymington!

Date of Visit: June 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: R1cbm 10 reviews from this member

Actually on the site now as I write this review. Lovely site. Well laid out and enough space. Services pitches are not very flat, and the hard standing area is fine for very small vans. We were half on and half off.

Biggest issue here is the noise from the main road which runs directly by the site. I'm afraid it's the reason we won't be returning.

Saying that. It's 9.45 pm and the warden has just banged in the door (woken my 4 year old up) and asked me to move my car off the grass as its half on and half off. Why it couldn't wait until tomorrow I don't know.

That's reason number two.

The local beaches are really nice, quiet and very sandy.

Visited the white horse pub. Fish n chips for 5. 50 on a Friday which was nice.

Previous     94 Review in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Clarke IG22000 2.2kW Generator worth 467.98! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Truckfest Peterborough
Exciting family entertainment, and you can make a full long weekend of them, by camping on site!Plus win tickets!