Visitor Reviews - Merley Court Holiday Park (shorefield Holidays)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Site Reviews

Merley Court Holiday Park (shorefield Holidays)
Merley
Wimborne
Dorset   (Browse area)
BH21 3AA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  5m  10m  1m  1m  1m   5m  1m  1m  1m

Open: February 5 To January 2

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  109 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Reviewer: Jasbeauch 2 reviews from this member

We visited Merley Court for 3 nights so we could visit the spectacular Bournemouth Air Festival. Booking was pain free with a very informative website & booking process. On arrival we were greeted by a very pleasant young receptionist who immediately stopped filling the freezer & offered assistance. She completed the necessary paperwork and gave us a map with directions to our pitch.

The pitch was a little worn but large enough for our large 7m square tent. We were situated a short walk from the toilet/ shower block which were clean & well maintained & very busy. It was August Bank Holiday week so I would expect it to be!

Overall, we liked the site. The play area could do with modernising & tlc but as a base for visiting Poole & Bournemouth we were pleased. We never got chance to use the indoor pool & facilities at the sister park up the road so cannot comment on this or the on site entertainment.

The shop though is well stocked & very reasonably priced.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Floatie 14 reviews from this member

Went to Merley Court after an email was send to me offering three nights for the price of two (£48. 00) for the beginning of the Easter week 14th - 17th April, I decided to book as we were rallying in the area for Easter.

It did mean that I would have to tow there and beginning new to towing I asked when booking that if I couldn't get the van onto the pitch would there be someone to help! I was assured that the wardens would there to help.

Well I couldn't get the van onto the pitch so I thought I would unhitch and push it on with some help from the tent opposite but we couldn't do it! so my son went to reception and asked if we could have help from the wardens, a few minutes later a golf buggy appeared with two gentlemen on it, I explained that I was having difficulty getting the van onto the pitch, one of them replied 'Why didn't you just reverse it on' I explained that I am new to towing and that I thought I could push the van on the other one replied ' Well if you took your handbrake off you might have better luck!' I had put the brake on while we waited them to come over!

I don't think I would visit again! The site was very empty in front of my van a large group of kids started playing football by car and caravan both got hit. No damage was done lucky but I didn't like having to tell the kids to go away as I was down there on my own hubby was joining me for the Easter Rally!

We ordered a take way pizza on our last night it took 50mins and as I mentioned earlier the site was very quiet it wasn't bad value £8.95 for 12' and it was very nice when it finally arrived

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mandiedonnelly 1 review from this member

I have just returned from a four day stay at merley court. we will definitely be returning. the grounds were beautiful and shower and toilet areas spotless, there was a pub just around the corner that was dog and child friendly. The reception staff were friendly, we had a few problems with our caravan which left us with no lights we asked the warden Rod if he had any ideas and he spent a long time and did everything within his power to help its a shame other places we have visited don't have wardens like him. He came round in the morning to check that we were ok. Excellent service booking again after I have written this review ten out ten from us x

Date of Visit: February 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wyann 1 review from this member

This was our first ever time caravanning. On arriving at Merley Court we were welcomed by polite young girl in reception (which is at the back of the shop)who explained that we could use the facilities at their sister park Oakdene. Merley court grounds were well kept loved looking out the window to watch the squirrels running around. The barriers in and out of the camp are registration recognisable. The showers were nice and clean and water hot. We didn't use the club as we had the dog with us but found some nice pubs in Wimbourne in particular The Cricketers Arms good home made food.

Merley Court was very quiet and as it was so early in the year the outdoor swimming pool wasn't open but the area around it looked lovely and clean. Would definitely come back

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Kyka7862 5 reviews from this member

Just back from a 4 day break at this nicely laid out park. Reception/shop and bar staff were all friendly and helpful. Nice refurbished club which at the rear opens out to overlook small outdoor pools. Children's play area was a bit basic and was near the entrance to the park which wasn't ideal. You can use the facilities at Oakdene park which is a sister park to Merley Court, they have a nice indoor pool/gym/steam room/sauna and is about 7 miles away along A31. Shower and toilet blocks were always clean though shower cubicle were a bit small. Overall nice park nice stay and about average prices for the area

Date of Visit: May 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: M CLark 8 reviews from this member

A large, very nice well laid out site with a big grocery area that also stocks caravan and camping parts, while the staff in reception were friendly and helpful. The toilet block was clean, warm and airy, with plenty of hot water for the sinks and showers. Dumpsters are around the site for recycling/ordinary rubbish. Dogs are welcome on leads and only a couple of miles away towards Broadstone is a very big heath with lots of dog walking. I will certainly come back again.

The site is within easy drive of Poole with its quay and waterfront pubs/restaurants. Brownsea Island is reached by ferry but be warned, if not a NT member there's a further £6. 40 to get off the boat.

Bournemouth has good beaches, and the lovely Compton Acres gardens, with Weymouth and Portland Bill about 1 1/4 hours away, as is the New Forest. Broadstone is a small village with a nice shopping centre, and a Wetherspoons for a nice meal.

Previous     109 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dorset   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar