Visitor Reviews - Ovis Farm

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Ovis Farm
Woodford
Coombe
Bude
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
EX23 9JL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m 10m  10m  10m  1m  10m   10m  10m  5m  5m  10m

Reviews:  9 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Mattrusse 1 review from this member

Fantastic site, really friendly people. We were a group of six lads, had a fire every night, sat around relaxed and enjoyed the scenery. The people who run the site are really lovely and the views were beautiful. Can't wait to go back again. The amount of people camping there vary there were only two of us when we first got there but numbers constantly change.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: ShadowC 5 reviews from this member

My dog and I are just back from two nights at Ovis Farm and what a splendid two nights they were! Booking my stay just a few days ago the owner was very friendly over the phone and made sure I realised it was a basic site before I booked.

The site was quiet, just three groups this weekend, and everyone had lots of space. Everyone was camped at the top of the hill, on fairly flat land and the views were, quite frankly, stunning. With views across Coombe Valley in one direction and the coast in the other it really is a beautiful spot. I don't know how busy this site gets but the top of the hill pitches are definitely the best, there is something of a slope everywhere else.

Whilst the facilities were basic, a toilet, some bins, chemical loo disposal and standpipes, all were well maintained and clean. Someone had obviously been up to check on the facilities during the day as the toilet was well stocked with paper on my return in the afternoon.

I didn't go very far afield this weekend, walking around Coombe Valley, some short walks at Duckpool just 2 minutes (by car) down the road, and from the car park at Stanbury Mouth out to Higher Sharp Nose Point on the coastal path. It was exceptionally hot and my dog is getting on a bit so walking a long way wasn't on the cards. I recommend the coastal walk as the views are exceptional, but be ware the cliff edge if you have small children or dogs.

Being fairly local I tried to walk to Stanbury Mouth beach a few weeks ago and discovered the path at the bottom is very difficult to scramble down these days, it was a familiar haunt when I was a child 25 years ago. My aging parents couldn't manage the scramble at the bottom and I think anyone with children under 10 might find it difficult - but worth it if you are up for the challenge.

As this site is close to home for me I will be making it a regular haunt through the summer months. I had a lovely stay, the owners were really friendly, and there are plenty of walks etc to go on when you get there. I can't wait to go again.

Reviewer: Robert parkin 1 review from this member

Stayed here for one week

Me my wife and five kids. The owners were out to help as soon as we arrived they gave us a spade so we could dig a small hole for a fire and pretty much left us to it. For the first part of the week we were the only ones there and we loved sitting around the fire cooking marshmallows and drinking cider and star gazing till the small hours. The weather was hot hitting 31 but we camped at the top of the gently sloping field where we had a lovely cool sea breeze.

Facilities one toilet very clean, a few taps dotted around the field and somewhere to put your rubbish that's it but for the price, sea, view space, and great owners who bent over backwards to help this little gem of a campsite for us was fantastic.

Cant weight to go back next year

Reviewer: Snowflea 2 reviews from this member

We had a perfect and relaxing stay here. It is a lovely small site which we shared with only 4 other groups. There are very basic facilities which is what we prefer but may not be everyone's cup of tea - toilet, tap, rubbish bins. The owners were very friendly and welcoming. Lovely views and perfect location for coastal walks. Free parking at Duckpool which is a good starting point for coastal walking. Walking south along the coastal footpath to Bude is much easier than walking north towards Wellcombe which is very hilly! All very beautiful. The woods at Coombe are lovely to walk in too. The nearby Bush Inn at Morwenstow is a lovely pub nice food and atmosphere, live folk music once a month.

Also at Morwenstow is the rectory tea rooms - delicious cake!

Date of Visit: October 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Karen Singleton 3 reviews from this member

We were the only people staying on the weekend we visited but it was the weekend before halloween!

The location is stunning and the views from our pitch were breath-taking! We camped at the top of the field which was relatively flat but I would be concerned if we had to camp anywhere else as it was quite sloped!

The owner was lovely and made us feel very welcome - supplying their own eggs and sausages from the farm ready for breakfast the next day. He checked we were ok each day as it was extremely cold the first night and extremely windy the second - a nice personal touch we thought.

The facilities are basic but perfectly functioning and clean - I would be slightly concerned if the site was busy though with only one toilet!

We drove down to the Duckpool (the road is really quite busy, single-track and very steep) and it was lovely! The boys loved clambering over the rocks and found loads of rockpools!

We cooked over an open fire most of the time having lifted some turf at the farmers request. We took our own shovel and logs but I'm sure he would have provided those if you needed them.

For the price we thought this site was fab and will definitely be returning!

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Midline 1 review from this member

When you come across a campsite like this you don't want to spread the word because you want to keep it to yourself.

Its a gem of a campsite for those who enjoy camping with minimal facilities and fuss In a stunning location. The site is gently sloping with flat pitches at the top. The views are fabulous its very peaceful and relaxed and gives a real sense of going back to nature. The owners couldn't be more friendly and helpful

Don't leave without sampling the sausages, bacon and eggs. Veggies, you really are missing out.

Previous     9 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers