Visitor Reviews - Parkers Farm Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Parkers Farm Holiday Park
Higher Mead Farm
Ashburton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ13 7LJ   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  10m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m

Open: March To End October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire

Reviews:  84 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin 200 Walkers Camping Kit and Tent AND 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of our sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Further info and prize details here

Date of Visit: July 2017 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Stan on tour 29 reviews from this member

We stayed here for a one night stopover, we hadn't booked in advance and the staff were really helpful. The site was excellent value for money with large flat pitches and really good facilities including free hairdryer in the ladies shower room. There is a bar on the site with a small sun terrace and a well stocked shop. There is traffic noise from the A38 but for one night that was fine. We would definitely use this site again.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Laurie118 20 reviews from this member

Our first time at this site and I must say we were not disappointed.

The staff were very helpful, the toilets and showers cannot be faulted. I was worried about the narrow lane leading to the site but it was easy as there are passing places so easy towing the caravan. The site is very clean and well laid out. We WILL be returning the next time we go to Devon.

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Happy-snapper 8 reviews from this member

Fab site. Staff v helpful and pleasant. Shop available on site and also an info place for local events and things. Nice children's play area and fames room but I didn't go here. Pub on site but quiet great for hot food and drinks if ur camping like me.

Toilets and showers spotless as are the food prep areas.

Despite being a hilly place all of the pitches for tents and caravans were level.

It was a howling gale for 2 nights when I was there and was the only one in the field. Closeness of the road didn't bother me at all and I have had closer in other places.

Was v convenient for me and Torquay is not that far away. I will certainly be going back as despite the rain I had s good time

Date of Visit: April 2017 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: SurreyDan 1 review from this member

Just had an excellent 4 days over Easter 2017. We had 3 touring caravans, 7 adults and 5 kids and fun was had by all. The toilets/showers were great, the staff were amazing and the restaurant food was very tasty. The site laid on plenty of activities including farm walks, evening entertainment and an Easter egg hunt. The kids did not want to leave to come home, and to be honest, nor did I. We were last at Parkers Farm over 12 years ago and got to say its as nice now as it was then. Cannot wait til we return.

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Val E 12 reviews from this member

We stopped here for two nights which was half term week. The staff were very friendly and helpful, the site was lovely, a great position, just off the main road, ( we didn't find noise from the road a problem at all ) level plot. Price very reasonable. The food was fine, in restaurant, massive portions.

The only problem I found were not the site, but a few people on site, the toilets were nice and modern, with lovely hot showers, but I think, ( might have only been in ladies as husband said mens were fine) it looked like girls had been messing about in toilets and foot prints on toilet seats, toilet paper on floor, l pick some of it up every time I went in, but spoils it for everyone if people. Can't keep an eye on young people,

Also dog poop on the grassy areas made me so cross, not the dogs but owners who can't pick it up.

And I saw one lady drive across a bank practicing off roading messing about late one of the nights!

I would return, but may try a quieter time of year, when there are less people about. As site was great.

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Yelsel58 3 reviews from this member

Just returned from a 2 week stay on this lovely, well maintained site with very friendly owners/staff. Nice big pitches on terraced layout so most enjoying great views of the surrounding countryside. Clean toilet/shower facilities in two blocks. We were a group of 3 adults but it looked like the children were having great fun with 4 play areas, a pets corner, kids room and an opportunity to feed some of the farm animals too. Nice bar on site with reasonably priced good food available. It is just off the A38 so traffic noise to be expected but this didn't bother us at all. We found the location of the road a bonus as it made it very easy to get around. Lots of National Trust places nearby (Cotehele and Greenway particularly worth a visit) and not too far from a variety of coastal towns. Would also recommend the steam railway trip to Totnes from Buckfastleigh.

Previous     84 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win 300 of Prizes!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Inflatable HandiRack Roof Rack and Waterproof HandiHoldall Win a Superb Outwell Picnic Package

UKCS Meet Truckfest Original15 - 16 July 2017
Newark & Notts Showground - exciting family entertainment with weekend camping ...more