Visitor Reviews - Higher Moor Farm Campsite

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Dorset > Site Reviews

Higher Moor Farm Campsite
Nottington
Weymouth
Dorset   (Browse area)
DT3 4BW   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  1m  5m

Open: 28th March 2014 Until 30th September 2014

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

Reviews:  33 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Kasmith123 4 reviews from this member

Cannot fault this site at all!

Upon arrival had such a friendly warm welcome from Daniel and despite a bit of a complicated booking due to availability and bank holiday dates Daniel was on top of it and had it all in control.

The site is fairly flat and quite open so be prepared for a bit of wind but the name gives that away?

The toilet facilities are superb, bright, clean, new, probably one of best we've used in over 20 years.

The children's' playground is more than ample and away from campers, the little site shop is well equipped and very reasonably priced, on the weekends there was evening entertainment which was lovely.

All the staff are friendly and helpful, Daniel in particular makes huge efforts to ensure you are happy and was a hit with our daughter as he gave her a little litter picking duty in return for wears from the shop to which she was over the moon.

The site is ideally located for Weymouth and there is a Morrisons just down the road.

Despite the site being full all week and there being lots of children by 11 every night it was silent.

Cannot recommend this site enough well done Daniel and team!

Reviewer: Norfolk family 8 reviews from this member

Lovely site. Very clean toilets and showers, and site as a whole very clean. People have mentioned the pylons nearby, I could hear them when it rained but really didn't notice it.

My only real criticism would be that the pitches are not marked out. When we got there we had alarge pitch and parked the car next to tent. Went out for the day and when we returned, occupants of next pitch had arrived and were so close I was unable to park my car next to my tent. This concerned me due to the fire risk, and also the car would help deflect sound.

That aside I would go back again as a great safe site for families.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Roma07 3 reviews from this member

Spent one night at this site in early July when it was not very busy. My impression is of a well run site with friendly staff who were happy to let me pick my own pitch. The field is partially sloping but not excessively so.

I used the new shower/toilet facility in the centre of the field. It looks like a portacabin from outside but the inside reveals a very high quality specification that would put many hotels to shame. The showers had plenty of room, though I think there were only two, but a bigger facility block is available as well.

The only downside I can find is the rather obtrusive tall electricity pylons that run past the field to the east and south. I pitched on the eastern side of the field, and I noticed an audible hum cum buzzing sound from the wires above, though this did not prevent a peaceful night's sleep. If this is likely to worry you, try to pitch over on the western side of the field.

Weymouth and Portland are about five miles away. Broadwey is about a mile away and accessible by footpaths, though I didn't get to sample any of the pubs or other facilities.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: CazzaMay 1 review from this member

This campsite is very pleasant, the facilities are absolutely brilliant. The new toilet block is gorgeous. The play area seems very well equipped with lots for children to do. The Farm Shop is well stocked with all you could need. We would definitely recommend this site to anyone and everyone, and will.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Lovebus2 4 reviews from this member

This is a lovely little site, very well run, spotlessly clean and tidy, we will return to this site again. Only a short drive into Weymouth, and a very reasonable cab fare as well. A lovely eating place in Weymouth is Wetherspoons The Swan.

Hope you all have fun !

Daniel in the shop is brilliant.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: BopaJ 1 review from this member

I wanted to stay near Wimborne, Dorset for the last two days of August in order to visit a friend and also take my puppy on her first camping trip to see if she likes camping as much as I do.

I forgot it was the Bournemouth Air Show and The Vintage Steam Fair so most places were only allowing a 3 night plus night stay.

Higher Moor Farm was further away than I anticipated but well worth the extra miles.

I was greeted by a friendly member of staff, having booked over the phone. I like the non-regimented approach- i. E. Park up wherever you want! Lots of campsites have rules about which way your door should open!

The price was excellent too. I have a small camper van and required electric hook up, but the intention was to pitch a tiny tent for Puppy.

There was a big group opposite us and it was lovely that they could have a family gathering and pitch an enormous gazebo all free of charge.

The new washrooms were our nearest and they were really nice and always clean. I liked the big wet room, ideal for those with children, the only downside was that there was nowhere to hang clothes to keep them dry.

There were lots of dogs on the site, and the dog walking area had free poo bags and bins for waste.

I didn't use the other facilities, but can recommend Weymouth beach. If you go the Pavillion end of the beach(DT4 8ED) dogs are allowed on the beach and Puppy had her first experience of sand and sea!

The only downsize of this camp site was the number of wasps and when I return I will take a wasp catcher/ candle, as being allergic to the blighters I was jumping around a lot!

Quiet site but would have been lovely to have seen the sea from the campsite.

Previous     33 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Dorset   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs