Tent and Awning Reviews Competitions Caravans and Motorhomes For Sale Shopping Diary Advent Calendar

Visitor Reviews - Leacroft Touring Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Leacroft Touring Park
Colyton Hill
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX24 6HY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  10m  10m  10m  10m   5m

Open: April To October

Reviews:  13 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Reviewer: Ascsbe 7 reviews from this member

We have just returned from a 3 day break at this site, Our first visit although we are very familiar with the area because we have family locally. On arrival we were greeted by a friendly warden and shown to our pitch, the grass was immaculate. Water was nearby although the water pressure is a bit low. There are several toilet blocks around the site all kept clean and a small dog walk. However there is lovely dog walking opposite the entrance if your dog needs a real walk. The shop has basics in it.

As a very experienced caravaner the site had everything I required and we will now use the site as our preferred choice in this area. You can pitch for a season and this has been done in a way that they do not look as if they have been placed for months with grass growing up and a shanty town look, they all seem to be on gravel and therefore don't look like a seasonal pitch. They also have storage facilities tucked away.

Any improvements well I suppose the first site that builds a covered swimming pool in this area will be ahead of the competition, no one has one at present, But the owners may consider it more hassle than it is worth. Would recommend this site if you are wanting to stay in the Sidmouth/Seaton/Honiton area.

Reviewer: Matt94 22 reviews from this member

I stayed at Leacroft in July for 3 nights on my way back from Cornwall to visit friends who keep their tourer on a seasonal pitch, which a lot of people seem to do on this site.

The site is very well laid out, and the owners were very pleasant and very helpful, as I was on my own the owner offered to park my caravan on the pitch I was allocated, it took him a few minuets to position my caravan perfectly.

On the Saturday it was the annual free BBQ and drinks for the people who stay on the site all year on seasonal pitches, I offered to pay for the BBQ as I was only staying for the weekend but I was invited at no extra charge.

When I'm down that way again (im from Rochester, Kent) I would definitely stay at Leacroft again as it is a lovely site.

Reviewer: Sandiego870 4 reviews from this member

Just returned home from Cornwall and spent 3 nights on the way home at this site. It's the 3rd. Time we have visited the site, and as on previous occasions found it to be very well kept with large pitches and helpful staff. The only observation we made is that the toilet blocks, although kept clean, needed updating, and the fact there is only one shower in each block could lead to queues when the site is busy. This said, I do recommend this site for it's well kept appearance and ease of access. Lyme Regis is only 10 minutes away, as is Seaton and Beer, all well worth a visit.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Iona and carl 1 review from this member

We have just returned from 2 fabulous weeks at Leacroft (helped that the weather was excellent too) and have already booked to return.

The facilities are good and very clean! Hot showers, which I never had to wait for, despite high season, immaculate pitches and wonderful friendly atmosphere.

2 children (11 and 9) had fantastic time on the play area, with plenty of space to play with their new friends. Shop on site is well stocked and fairly priced, and site is central to lots of beaches within 5-10 min drive. Also loads of local walks right out of the gates.

Seaton has big supermarket, and beer and colyton have local shops, pharmacies and pubs/ eateries etc so there's plenty of amenities nearby.

Staff were helpful and gave great advice on places to go/ things to do etc.

Can't fault this site, you can even see the sea from it! The rules and restrictions are n place to prevent rogue children and dog owners (that we all tut at and moan about when they ruin our holiday) from annoying people who want to enjoy a restful, happy holiday. Great time had by all of us. Thank you and see you again soon.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Father Ted 1 review from this member

This is a little gem of a site!

We are a family of 4, two adults and two children aged 11 & 14, and visited here for our main summer holiday.

I was a little perturbed that, in looking online, I couldn't find many reviews for this site. Maybe I put too much faith in reviews?

The reviews I read were a little mixed, mostly good, but the odd negative review. However, the negative ones are odd (mostly regarding the enforcement of rules)! Yes they have rules about being quiet at night and children being well behaved. Most sites do, or, at least, those which we'd choose to visit, anyway. The rules weren't draconian and weren't enforced in a heavy handed manner.

On arrival we were greeted by a very helpful and friendly member of staff (owner?). Her husband ( I think it was) came to show us to our pitch. He explained it was a little awkward to get onto and asked would we like him to pitch for us ( with their little tractor). I declined ( my ego wouldn't allow that!) which he accepted.

When we got to our pitch it was lovely. It was a nice corner pitch which was very generous. All of the pitches seemed roomy, but the corner ones more so. The pitch had levelled concrete flags for the wheels, meaning I only had to worry about levelling front to back.

The facilities were more than adequate. They did have a slightly dated feel to them, but were well maintained and kept cleaned and stocked at all times. There doesn't appear to be enough facilities for the entire site, but we didn't have to queue once for a shower. My only gripe is that the showers could have been a little hotter, but then, I like to have my skin boiled off by a shower and not everyone else does!

The site shops sells all of the usual along with some less expected items ( Whale pumps etc!). There is table tennis and a pool table for the older kids and a huge play area in the middle of the site. I think, if nothing else does, this play area sums up their outlook. They could have fitted an extra half dozen caravans and made more money, but they set aside the space for the kids instead. There are the usual swings and slide to one end of the play area. Again there are signs up showing the rules, but nothing beyond common sense, (pick up dog droppings and if the kids don't behave they'll be told to).

The prices were about right for the time of year and part of country. With two adults and two children (11&14) we paid 33 per night.

The location is in Devon, near to the Dorset border. Easy travelling to Lyme Regis, Sidmouth ( for the best ice cream ever!) or inland to Somerset. Most local beaches appear to be pebble, but there are a couple of nice sandy ones nearby.

There is one word of warning I'd give. There is no way to get here (apparently) without going up a big hill. Now, I'll emphasise that I know my towcar is slightly under-powered. I also discovered that one of my brakes was binding slightly. But, the hill out of Sidmouth (Trow Hill) is a long 14% hill. I ended up in bottom gear, engine screaming, doing 20mph to get up there. As I say, my car is a little under powered, but it's never struggled like that on any other hills. Obviously that's not the fault of the site and with a decent towcar it won't be an issue.

To sum up: Would I visit here again? You bet I would! (But maybe after I've changed my car! )

Date of Visit: May 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Creaseless 1 review from this member

We have been going to this site for several years and it is refreshing that some sites do not change.

The care of the owners is clear to see all round the park. The toilet and shower facilities are spotless and the grass / flowers / shrubs / tress extremely well kept.

It has a small shop with all the basics. A games room, table tennis room, playground and playing field for adults and kids alike.

A safe, quiet site with surrounding views of farmland and the sea. Lots to do locally for all.

What more could you want!

Previous     13 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win tickets to Camperex 2016 (Liverpool) in January Win a CUBO Breeze Inflatable Campervan Awning!

UKCS Meet Camperex 2016 - Liverpool Exhibition Centre 8 - 10th January
Brand new leisure show for touring caravans, motorhomes, campers and park homes. Win tickets!

Open Today's Window!