Visitor Reviews - Paultons Campsite (certificated Site)

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Paultons Campsite (certificated Site)
Wade Park Farm
Ower
Romsey
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO51 6AF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 5m  1m  1m   5m  1m  1m

Pitches: 5 Vans + 10 Tents

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting.

Reviews:  8 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Squibbler 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here for one night to visit Peppa Pig World the following day. Site is easy to find just opposite the entrance to Paultons Park. The owners weren't there when we arrived so we had a walk around and I called Dawn while my 3 year old played on the ride-ons provided for children on the site. I was told we could park on any pitch on the right side of the field where the grass pitches are. We were the only ones on that side and like a numpty I pitched across two pitches because I only noticed the mown grass dividers after I'd unhitched and set up a bit. As it was just me and my 3 year old I carried on setting up while worrying I'd get told off! When John arrived I apologised straight away and he couldn't have been nicer and told me not to worry as they weren't busy. He helped me to set up a bit and showed me around. Facilities are good, and I was impressed by the bespoke shower trailer - it even had a notice on the door stating which shower was cooler and therefore better for children. Everything was spotless with lots of info put up on walls. Also impressed by the CD point which is a proper toilet sunk into concrete complete with flush. I had to tell my 3 year old not to sit on it as she was looking intrigued!

It is very near the M27 but there is a huge hedge between that and the site and I realised the next day that I hadn't even noticed the low 'hum' from it.

Dawn and John let me leave the camper on site while we were at PPW and when we came to collect it at 4pm I was having a bit of difficulty hitching up when John appeared, sorted us out and waved us off. He even invited us back at any time to help set up our massive awning that I've been to scared to get out of the bag. All in all, lovely people and I can't fault the site.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sparky2 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here for the Bank Holiday weekend as a last minute booking when we received an email from Dawn to say someone had cancelled, great news for us. Main purpose of visit was for

Paultons Park. Arrived on site with no difficulties, clearly signposted on the main road. The gate was shut and remains shut at all times, good for keeping the children in. The site was full for the weekend with lots of families. The facilities on site being hard standing with electric hook up, showers and toilets, washing up facilities, drinking water and chemical waste disposal, all the things you would expect. All were spotlessly clean and I would rate these 10/10. The toilets and showers are in portacabin style units and this is not a temporary measure. I would prefer a 'proper' building but that is just a personal preference.

John and Dawn came to see us shortly after we pitched. Very friendly, gave us a quick tour of site facilities and made sure we could contact them if we had any problems whatsoever. We went out the following day and I foolishly hadn't pegged the awning, the wind picked up and the inevitable happened. A big thank you to John who pegged it down with his own pegs in our absence. Lesson learned!

Some hedging has been planted between the pitches and this will certainly be very nice screening once it has grown sufficiently. You can expect to hear road noise day and night, if you are a light sleeper and sensitive to this sort of disturbance I would look to stay elsewhere. It is a small site and there isn't a children's play area except for a grass area adjacent to the gate but that suited us.

As stated by other reviews, there is a pub across the road and another further down the road where we chose to eat as it was cheaper. The food was just 'ok' and I would rush to eat there again given the choice. We visited Longdown farm and the New Forest Activity Centre in one day, the children enjoyed both which are a stones throw apart and about 15 minutes from the site, and of course Paultons which is opposite. Had a great day there.

I would recommend this site and would definitely stay here again. It is only two years old and will only improve as the site matures. John and Dawn seem to have the right aspirations for the site and the right attitude toward their paying guests to make this site a success. I wish them well and look forward to seeing them next time round.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Wendy D 1 review from this member

Very family friendly site, owners very helpful and accommodating. Toilets very clean & hot showers all the time. Washing up facilities also kept very clean with hot water. Peppa Pig world just across the road as is a very lovely pub, although if you have children there is a family friendly pub about a 10 min walk from the campsite. Would strongly recommend this campsite to anyone, we had a great time & my son even had a go on the owners tractor which he loved!

Date of Visit: January 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wakker1 15 reviews from this member

Stayed here for an overnight before catching ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao.

I booked the site over the phone an d paid by bank transfer, and then details were e-mailed ref the site. The owners don't live on the site but John the owner came to visit on the afternoon we arrived to make sure we were alright and also returned the following morning.

The site is small but well laid out, the amenities are in portacabins but are to a very good standard. There are also separate area for grey water and chemical waste.

There is a pub across the road, which does food but is quite expensive, also one 2 minutes down the road which is part of a chain and seemed to have plenty customers.

The town of Romsey is about 10minutes drive where there are plenty shops and take aways.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Maudips 1 review from this member

Stayed for 3 nights to visit family in the area. Easy to find, just off motorway. Pitches for caravans & motorhomes on hardstand with electric hook-ups plus grass pitches for tents. Toilets & showers whilst being situated in portacabins were spotlessly clean. A point to note is that both the toilets & showers were up steps, so they would not be suitable for anyone who could not manage these. Dawn & John the owners are on site several times a day & keep everything immaculate. There are no play facilities for children - but then we would not expect them on this type of site. There is a 'hum' from the traffic but you don't notice it after a while. We chose this site not because it is opposite the entrance to Paulton Park & Peppa Pig World, but because we could catch a bus outside the site to Southampton & across the road to Salisbury. Having a motorhome we always look for sites which are on bus routes, so that we don't have to take our 'house' with us when we go out! In addition to the pub across the road, there is a Fayre & Square pub (The Vine) 10 minutes walk, which serves 2 meals for £10 which is a bonus!

Date of Visit: July 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ggandj23 6 reviews from this member

We stayed here for 1 night stopover whilst visiting Paultons theme park.

The wardens were very polite and helpful even recommending which shower was best to use for children. They do not stay on this site, but we never felt in anyway insecure.

The fact that the showers and toilets are portakabin type, didn't put us off using them, as they were spotless.

Pitches are level. With hook ups

No play area.

We have a 4 year old and we also found it to be perfectly safe for her. Apart from when we played on the grass. Do not let children play, with bare feet or roll around on the grass as we did. Unknown to us, the grass which was closely mown, has tiny nettle plants hidden in it, On closer inspection there were thousands of them. I'm not blaming anyone, but something needs to be done about them.

There is a good pub, at the end of the drive which serves food at reasonable prices with children's menu.

The noise from motorway didn't bother us.

It is an easy 15-20 min walk, with a very excited 4 year old into the park to see Peppa Pig World. Although I wouldn't like to walk it when its raining

I would recommend this as a stopover especially if attending events at the park.

Previous     8 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar