Visitor Reviews - Paultons Certificated Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > New Forest & Hampshire > Site Reviews

Paultons Certificated Site
Wade Park Farm
Hampshire   (Browse area)
SO51 6AF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m 1m  1m   1m  1m

Pitches: 5 Vans + 10 Tents

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. You must be a Club member to use this site.

Reviews:  12 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Ajbs 1 review from this member

Chose this site as close to peppa pig world but would happily stay again! It's a great stop over site!

The welcome you get from the owners is amazing, they cannot do enough to help! Even arranged dog sitting for one set of campers!

The site is small and clean, the first night the noise from the road was quite loud (not overwhelming just there!) the second night could hardly hear it at all so must be dependent on which way the wind blows!

The toilets and showers are in two separate porta cabins, the showers are a fixed temperature but two showers are set cooler for the kids and two hotter! Mine was lovely and warm! Both were clean!

Other facilities are basic and clean, added touches are the bbq you can borrow, freezer and kids toys / bikes!

There is no motor home service point.

Would definitely recommend this site it made our visit to peppa pig world! And the pub opposite does lovely food but book your evening table if you walked like us all those that drove beat you to the pub as it closes!

Date of Visit: July 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Beautifulsoup 5 reviews from this member

We stayed on this site at the beginning of our annual two week touring holiday. We chose it purely because of its proximity to Peppa Pig World but were all pleasantly surprised at how nice it is!

The owners are very friendly and very relaxed and due to the small number of pitches we were pretty much left to our own devices which was fab. The pitches are a lovely size and the whole site is compact and enclosed so great for kids. There are some lovely touches such as freezer blocks, picnic tables and BBQ's to borrow as well as a load of communal toys including little tykes cars - something you'd never ever travel but got loads of use from our two toddlers.

The site is bordered by the M27 so you can hear traffic 24 hours a day but it didn't bother us. Peppa Pig World is directly opposite but do take a pushchair as the driveway is quite long. Nice pub literally 2 mins away too. There is another pub with a soft play 15 minutes walk away but it's down a very busy road so not that pleasant to get to.

The showers and toilets were clean and pleasant and just about big enough for a family shower although the temperature was a little unpredictable. (one of the showers is marked 'better for kids' but we didn't see this until it was too late)

All in all a fantastic site with owners who really understand what campers need - we'll definitely stay here when we next visit Peppa Pig!

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Worthy123 1 review from this member

Arrived at the campsite on Friday afternoon, first impressions, lovely small, clean site. We pitched up, had a look at the facilities, clean toilet block, clean shower block, even had cooler showers for children, which was great. There was a fridge for your ice packs etc. Lots of cars, bikes, bats& balls ect for the kids which I thought was a great idea, because not everyone had room to bring stuff with them, and kids like ' different stuff to play with. There was lots of information, & leaflets. Toilet waste, bins etc. Loads of picnic benches, which was great, because we didn't bring our table this year. Also another great thing, was bbqs which you can use while you stay. The owners who don't live on site arrived a bit later, and they were both very chatty and friendly, showed us around, and anything you wanted, they would try and do for you. Road traffic was no issue for us, as I had seen a few people say that the noise from road had disturbed them, but didn't bother us at all, couldn't really hear a lot. We came here because we were going into paultons park for my boys 4 th birthday, so it was ideal, it's literally across the road, 5/10 minute walk. Would highly recommend, very clean & friendly site. 10/10. Thankyou for our enjoyable stay. They have great rent a tents here too, and they said they are getting a pod too very soon.

Date of Visit: May 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Boggers 1 review from this member

Lovely small campsite, very clean and tidy. Toilets and showers clean and well lit.

Friendly owners, nice to chat to, supply kids play cars, games, balls and bats on site.

Undercover wash up areas.

Pub a 2 min walk away and peppa pig world a short walk away too.

The whole site is enclosed so great for kids, football goals at the far end ball supplied!

Overall the site is really nice but very close to the motor way and the noise kept me awake at night, some people have said you can't notice it but I really could, we only stayed for 2 nights when visiting peppa pig world, I don't think I could manage anymore because of the motor way noise but if this wouldn't bother you then you can't go wrong with this site.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Squibbler 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here for one night to visit Peppa Pig World the following day. Site is easy to find just opposite the entrance to Paultons Park. The owners weren't there when we arrived so we had a walk around and I called Dawn while my 3 year old played on the ride-ons provided for children on the site. I was told we could park on any pitch on the right side of the field where the grass pitches are. We were the only ones on that side and like a numpty I pitched across two pitches because I only noticed the mown grass dividers after I'd unhitched and set up a bit. As it was just me and my 3 year old I carried on setting up while worrying I'd get told off! When John arrived I apologised straight away and he couldn't have been nicer and told me not to worry as they weren't busy. He helped me to set up a bit and showed me around. Facilities are good, and I was impressed by the bespoke shower trailer - it even had a notice on the door stating which shower was cooler and therefore better for children. Everything was spotless with lots of info put up on walls. Also impressed by the CD point which is a proper toilet sunk into concrete complete with flush. I had to tell my 3 year old not to sit on it as she was looking intrigued!

It is very near the M27 but there is a huge hedge between that and the site and I realised the next day that I hadn't even noticed the low 'hum' from it.

Dawn and John let me leave the camper on site while we were at PPW and when we came to collect it at 4pm I was having a bit of difficulty hitching up when John appeared, sorted us out and waved us off. He even invited us back at any time to help set up our massive awning that I've been to scared to get out of the bag. All in all, lovely people and I can't fault the site.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Sparky2 2 reviews from this member

Stayed here for the Bank Holiday weekend as a last minute booking when we received an email from Dawn to say someone had cancelled, great news for us. Main purpose of visit was for

Paultons Park. Arrived on site with no difficulties, clearly signposted on the main road. The gate was shut and remains shut at all times, good for keeping the children in. The site was full for the weekend with lots of families. The facilities on site being hard standing with electric hook up, showers and toilets, washing up facilities, drinking water and chemical waste disposal, all the things you would expect. All were spotlessly clean and I would rate these 10/10. The toilets and showers are in portacabin style units and this is not a temporary measure. I would prefer a 'proper' building but that is just a personal preference.

John and Dawn came to see us shortly after we pitched. Very friendly, gave us a quick tour of site facilities and made sure we could contact them if we had any problems whatsoever. We went out the following day and I foolishly hadn't pegged the awning, the wind picked up and the inevitable happened. A big thank you to John who pegged it down with his own pegs in our absence. Lesson learned!

Some hedging has been planted between the pitches and this will certainly be very nice screening once it has grown sufficiently. You can expect to hear road noise day and night, if you are a light sleeper and sensitive to this sort of disturbance I would look to stay elsewhere. It is a small site and there isn't a children's play area except for a grass area adjacent to the gate but that suited us.

As stated by other reviews, there is a pub across the road and another further down the road where we chose to eat as it was cheaper. The food was just 'ok' and I would rush to eat there again given the choice. We visited Longdown farm and the New Forest Activity Centre in one day, the children enjoyed both which are a stones throw apart and about 15 minutes from the site, and of course Paultons which is opposite. Had a great day there.

I would recommend this site and would definitely stay here again. It is only two years old and will only improve as the site matures. John and Dawn seem to have the right aspirations for the site and the right attitude toward their paying guests to make this site a success. I wish them well and look forward to seeing them next time round.

Previous     12 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Hampshire   -   Search for a site

Win a Champion 3100 Watt Inverter Petrol Generator Win a Win a One Week Stay at Vauxhall Holiday Park!

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 13 18 October
Occupying eleven huge halls of the NEC, it is guaranteed to be an unmissable event. Win tickets!