Visitor Reviews - Ross Park Caravan Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Ross Park Caravan Park
Park Hill Farm, Moor Road
Ipplepen
Newton Abbot
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ12 5TT   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  1m   10m

Open: March To January

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

Reviews:  108 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mcooke4 1 review from this member

This site was fantastic. The pitches were private with hedging round although not all were level but that said the owner will take your caravan to the pitch and level it for you. The facilities were exceptionally clean and I thought the individual wet rooms with sink and toilet were a really good idea as the whole family could use it at once. There is no cycling allowed on either the paths or roads around the site so the children tended to stay around the large park area. The dog walk was very clean and the owners had ensured that there were dog bins and doggy poop bags in dispensers. The owners are very pro dog and even issuing dog biscuits on arrival! There even had showers for dogs!

There were storage facilities on site and the owner would bring the caravan to the pitch ready for your arrival. There were also seasonal pitches available.

The owners were very friendly and helpful even letting me take a bottle of wine until I was able to get to a bank for some cash. The shop had basic amenities but only took cash for groceries but the site took card.

The site was very well landscaped with numerous mature flower beds creating a lovely relaxing environment. I have visited a lot of sites over the years and I would say that this site would be in my top 3.

The site is in South Devon and is well placed for Torbay, Dartmoor, Dartmouth as well as Exeter. The local village Ipplepen has a co-op and a pub but for an excellent meal visit the two mile oak which is a couple of miles from the site on the A381. We also went to Riverford Country kitchen which certainly was an experience.

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Juliew1 1 review from this member

Just returned from Ross Park site in Devon worthy of it's 5 Star rating. Beautiful site well maintained with flowers adding to the beauty of the site which has won many awards.

Waiting for us when we arrived and even offered to tow us to our pitch. Ideally located to visit Paignton, Totnes, Brixham etc a well maintained park with bar and restaurant on site. Well stocked shop and information booth. Immaculate and spacious showers and even a shower for your doggie companion perfect. Best site we have visited in 8 years only needs a swimming pool and would score 10/10. Forget the rest this is the best.

Will definitely be returning again.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Other Rating:
Reviewer: Daviesfamily 21 reviews from this member

Currently sadly coming to the end of a fabulous weeks stay at this glorious site. In fact our fourth visit.

We love this site. The pitches are large and mostly have privacy hedges, the wash/shower facilities are well equipped and always spotless, the reasonably priced restaurant serves a lovely selection with generous portions. You may need to book to avoid disappointment. The grounds are well tendered with beautiful floral displays which all add to the sites ambience.

The atmosphere is very friendly from the owners, staff and other visitors. A lovely gesture is the offer of pitching and levelling of your unit arrival. Less hassle!

It is well positioned for visiting Dartmouth area, Torquay, Exeter and Dartmoor etc.

We can thoroughly recommend this site.

Reviewer: Robdawn12 4 reviews from this member

It was the first time I'd visited the site since 1992 and I cannot recognise the place.

First impressions count and the offer of pitching your caravan for you and getting it level was a big help.

The pitches are lovely and well separated, everything seems so well kept.

The showers are brilliant, lots of hot water and if they are busy you do not have to wait long even at busy times.

The staff were brilliant, Mark and Helen cannot do enough for you.

We have booked again for next year and to be honest we can wait.

The site is very well placed for Dartmoor, Torquay, Paignton and Dartmouth.

The Site does have a restaurant I didn't try the food but what I saw coming out looked very good and the prices were very reasonable.

The playground is basic but kept my 2 and 6 year old happy for a good number of hours, and my dog loved the dog walks which are as well kept as the rest of the site.

Reviewer: JohnPortishead 2 reviews from this member

The facilities on this site are outstanding. They even stretch to a solar powered dog shower - we didn't use this as we have no dog! There is a very tasteful bar and restaurant and a shop with all the basics. The attention to detail is impressive. The grounds are immaculate: hanging baskets everywhere, walks in their conservation area, a herb garden. We were met at the entrance and a service provided to park our caravan. The pitches for caravans are a combination of gravel and grass - ideal if it's wet - and provide plenty of space. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. The site is very close to the village of Ipplepen with lots of attractions - beaches, Dartmoor and National Trust houses - close by.

Reviewer: AL53HX 10 reviews from this member

This park well and truly deserves its ten star rating(and more)I was very impressed from the moment I arrived to the moment I left. At the reception, the owner offered to site and level my van, 10/10 for that, most of the flowers were in bloom and looking/smelling lovely, and the park was very clean and tidy with bins positioned at regular places.

The toilet/shower blocks were kept immaculate, integrated shower, toilet, sinks, were a clever touch.

Fields and plenty of dog walks on site, also a shower for the dogs, I could go on but I think you would be best to see the website, once booked you receive a booklet and lots of information, so all in all, a great big thank you to everyone at Ross Park, and hopefully I will be back in November

Previous     108 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Vehicle and Personal GPS Tracker from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Motorhome & Caravan Show 14/10 to 19/10 NEC Birmingham
Back at the NEC Birmingham this autumn - we have 20 pairs of tickets up for grabs