Visitor Reviews - Lincoln Farm Park Oxfordshire

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Oxfordshire > Site Reviews

Lincoln Farm Park Oxfordshire
High St
Standlake
Witney
Oxfordshire   (Browse area)
OX29 7RH   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 10m  10m  1m  5m   1m

Open: 1st Feb To Mid November

Reviews:  185 in total, now showing 1 to 10                 Previous 10          Next 10
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100!
Win 100Submit a review of this site for your chance to win 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Gritzz 1 review from this member

Just spent 5 nights at this superb site. Brilliant facilities, very friendly staff, pretty good transport links to Oxford, Witney and Abingdon. The Black Horse pub is less than 5 minutes walk from the site and sells a decent beer and food. Friday night is Steak and Frites night from a visiting van, brilliant. We will definitely return to this site.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Thefinishingtouch 1 review from this member

On arrival the cam[psite looked very clean and well maintained. Reception staff were quite pleasant although came across as slightly stressed and hurried. Our plot was very large and was shown this by one of the site staff. Plot was 2 plots from the park which was great to keep an eye on the kids. They had a lovely time with making new friends and I recommend the private hire of the lovely pool although the sauna and steam rooms were only slightly warm. The park in general was pretty much immaculate and is certainly one of the best we have stayed at so far. Lovely location in a quaint village with a handy shop only 5 minutes walk to get a paper from.

Date of Visit: July 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Oldschool84 1 review from this member

This campsite is without a doubt the best campsite I have visited for its facilities, location and layout. The toilet facilities are dated but immaculate which add to its charm. Considering the amount of tents, caravans and motor homes that visit this site throughout the year, the pitches and grounds are impeccable. Local food and drink is a lovely 45min walk to either the Rose Revived or The Maybush, or 5 min walk to the Bell Inn (Currently closed due to fire damage). Unfortunately I cannot recommend the Closest of the pubs which is the Black Horse. All of the facilities on this campsite are outstanding! My only negative comment about this site has nothing to do with the campsite, staff or facilities. It's unfortunately down to a small minority of campers that think it's acceptable to play music late into the night and share their conversations with the rest of the site. For the last 4 years of visiting this site I have witnessed groups of 4-5 pitched being used as a party. I don't necessarily think its unacceptable for people to meet up and play music, I just don't think Lincoln Farm Park is the environment to do it in. I'm have been visiting this site every year since 1985 (When I was 2) and i'll continue to visit this site for many more years!

Date of Visit: June 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Catherinef 1 review from this member

We have returned recently from a week long break to this site. First impressions were very good, very well kept, very well laid out - although with a lot of very small hard standing pitches that would not accommodate our caravan. There is just something though and I can't say what it is that just doesn't feel right about the place. I've highlighted the positives and I'd also add that the washroom facilities were very clean. So what didn't we like? OK so it didn't feel terribly relaxed, we found the extras quite expensive eg wifi and the pool. The staff on the main were good, but there was one warden who could not be considered friendly. Finally I'd add that yes whilst we understood it was a family friendly site, we didn't quite expect in term time for the site to turn from a peaceful location to an extremely noisy full to capacity site. The number of unattended vans plus the arrival of a large hotel bus didn't help the atmosphere.

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Glamcamping 3 reviews from this member

Well what a wonderful campsite.

We just wanted to get away early season to sort the van for Spring but we will definitely make this a regular stop.

The site is so well kept and clean, the facilities are spotless and modern, the pitches are well looked after and all Cotswold stone. Wash facilities etc are all near by. The shop has ample and the location is excellent.

Nice local pub 300 yards away that was great and also this weekend a steak van was on site doing steak baggets which we really good!

We will definitely be back to Lincoln park the site is a credit to all the staff who were really welcoming and helpful 10 stars form us !

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Diefer 1 review from this member

I've never felt compelled to write a review of a campsite until I stayed here. This site kept popping up on searches I'd conducted so I thought I'd give it a go.

SO glad I did!

The park is outstanding, amazing. Immaculately kept. Staff cannot go far enough out of their way to help without being annoying. You have the pool & Sauna (which I've not used) Small games room and information hut. Well stocked shop with many of the basics. Two pubs within walking distance as is the village post office with small shop too.

Witney & Oxford all very close with transport links outside of the park.

I shall most definitely be returning here!

Date of Visit: October 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Wheelie24v 2 reviews from this member

This was our 1st visit to Lincoln farm park and can say this is one of the best sites we have ever stayed. The grounds/pitches are excellent and the showers/toilet block are 1st class.

We tried out the pool facility which again was excellent.

The only negative we had is the Wifi which should be free and including in the cost of the pitch.

Date of Visit: September 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Lynne666 3 reviews from this member

Just had a wonderful few days at Lincoln Farm Park which is just outside Oxford and what a lovely clean and well maintained site this is. This is definitely a 5 star site, the grounds are immaculate and well lit and the shower/toilet facilities are excellent. There's a swimming pool which you can hire for private use and lovely play areas for the kids. There's also a large pet rabbit area which the kids would enjoy. Although there isn't a clubhouse on site, there are 2 pubs, one a 5 minute walk to the right and the other a 5 minute walk to the left, both accessed on a flat level pavement. The surrounding areas are really picturesque, with the village of Bampton (the setting for the village scenes in Downton Abbey) only a few miles away. There's a bus stop just outside the camp which takes you to the centre of Oxford should you fancy a bit of a nose around Inspector Morse's stomping ground.

For tents, there are 16 pitches all with electric hook ups and they provide a 'campers kitchen' which has a large fridge and a microwave for campers to use and a covered seating area where you can eat your food if the weather isn't too good.

My husband and myself went last time but we've already recommended to family and friends and will be returning as a group next time. Can't wait!

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mrsafc 4 reviews from this member

Completely agree with the previous review (from NannanDi55) perhaps we were at this site at the same time?!?

The site is beautifully kept and the facilities are good. However, we felt really crammed in and it was so busy that the atmosphere felt somewhat hectic. We were in a caravan but friends were in the tent area and had a terrible time due to being crammed in and overpowered by a large and rowdy group who were rude and ignorant towards other campers.

We pre-booked private use of the pool which we all really enjoyed, but there are no private showers to use after bathing which meant that you could only shower off in swimwear which was not ideal. Also the public sessions were chargeable and not particularly cheap for a family of four!

We walked to the local pub, The Black Horse, where the staff were rude and the food was expensive (9 for a jacket potato!)

In all we enjoyed our stay but probably wouldn't return. The are lots of other lovely sites in the area which we would chose instead.

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: NannanDi55 3 reviews from this member

The site is very well maintained, the toilets and showers immaculate.

We were there on a weekend and it was crammed, wouldn't recommend if you are looking for a quiet break. The staff were very busy but not the friendliest I've met.

Overall I would recommend for a lively time but definitely not a chill out site. Couldn't use the pool as it was fully booked.

Previous     185 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 10      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100!
Sponsored by the Caravan ClubSubmit a review to UKCampsite.co.uk of any caravan park or campsite for your chance to win your choice of 100 of Caravan Club vouchers or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor, The Caravan Club. Join The Club from just 48 per year to enjoy access to over 2,700 sites, exclusive member benefits and site special offers.

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Oxfordshire   -   Search for a site

Win an OLPRO 'POP' Quick Erect 2 Berth Tent Win a Dog Bag Pop Up Fabric Kennel

UKCS Meet Autumn Motorhome & Caravan Show, Newark - 2nd to 4th September
Weekend Campers and day visitors will see a huge range of motorhomes, caravans, as well as accessories and consumables

Please note we are not responsible for the content of external sites & any reviews represent the author's personal view only. Please report any error here. You may view our privacy and cookie policy here. All copyrights & other intellectual property rights in the design and content of this web site are reserved to the UKCampsite.co.uk © 1999 - 2016