Visitor Reviews - Manor Farm Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Manor Farm Caravan Site
Seaton Down Hill
Seaton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX12 2JA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   5m  1m  1m  1m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Glamping

Reviews:  34 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Coffee 3 reviews from this member

Great location, friendly staff, lovely views, pets corner was well worth a visit. The tram from seaton to colyford well worth a ride, excellent. However my concerns were the temperature of the showers! it is one of those push it and get a timed water flow. I pushed it about 5 times to get warm water and then covered in soap pressed again the water was so hot I left and continued my shower in my van. Also, campers are told to clear up after their dogs which I totally agree with, but, with 4 site dogs running freely who cleans up after them??? I found 3 piles. Chemical toilet disposal is what should be the disabled toilet/shower. Grey water disposal is via a 4 inch square drain hole next to a water run off down pipe.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Gingawarrior 50 reviews from this member

This was a site that I couldnít really work out whether I liked or not, as it very much has it plus points, but unfortunately there are also some less appealing aspects that could do with improving.

First impressions count and unfortunately the reception I received was far from ideal. Office closed and no mention of my pre-booked pitch, appeared I needed to find the warden at his caravan, took some time to rouse him out of his van and due to the state of dress I found him and his partner in I fear if Iíd arrived a few minutes earlier the caravan might have been Ďa rockin, so donít come a knockiní type situation.

After being located on a far from satisfactory pitch among caravans I was allowed to move to the beautiful camping field with great views, albeit without electric and on a slope, but then hey one can cope.

The facilities were adequate, largely up to date and pretty much clean but they were not the best Iíve experienced and for such a large site and established site one might have expected a little better.

A bit of a walk into Seaton, but fortunately I was blessed with excellent weather so no problems there. Seaton is a little rough around the edges, certainly not a patch on it two neighbours of Lyme and Sidmouth, but not without itís charms and has a large supermarket for all your needs.

The bus to Lyme runs from the seafront, but you can catch the bus to Sidmouth at the garage close to the site at the top of the hill.

So I liked the views, I liked being in a big camping field with no-one else around and the weather helped. I didnít particularly like the staff and reception and facilities were ok at best, but if I knew the weather was likely to be good Iíd return in a few years.

Reviewer: Emilyparis 1 review from this member

Loved this site as stunning views of the estuary, and very relaxed. We have a small dog and it was dog friendly, which meant we could completely relax, I hate sites with loads of rules.

Clean shower block and hot water with good water pressure.

Also, everyone we met was very friendly.

Had a fab lunch at Branscombe Beach cafe and then swam with the dog in the crystal clear water. Weather obviously helps and it was a scorcher.

The only downside was our pitch sloped a bit so not the best nights sleep, but great location so will definitely return.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andrebelg 1 review from this member

We stayed a few times on manor farm and august 2012 the gods were with us and we got ourselves a seasonal pitch.

Well kept, clean and peaceful campsite.

Kids play area, free showers and glorious views.

Kids can go and feed the farm animals in the morning and free range eggs in the site shop, they beat tesco on taste.

Walking down to seaton is a breeze, coming back is not for the less fit people amongst us but a taxi back is about £4-5 in the day time and £6 at night.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Whippets 3 reviews from this member

We had a lovely week on the site, there is a slope but were we where it was manageable. The views to Seaton and the sea were lovely and also across the wetlands and tramway.

The toilets and shower blocks were clean and modern, you did need to keep pressing the button on the shower as it kept stopping but that was only a minor issue.

The kids playground was great, my daughter loved it in there and we could easily see her from the tent. The dog walking area was ok although I didn't let mine off lead as felt it wasn't 100% secure for mine being sight hounds! Other breeds were let off without problems though.

The site was quiet and relaxing although very windy but that is obviously out of the site's control!

The chemical toilet disposal was the disabled toilet and not a separate area as on other sites.

The site shop was open 9-1 and had very limited supplies.

There is a Tesco in Seaton for anything that you need, food wise. Award winning fish and chip shop - make sure you place your order and get a ticket though.

The beach isn't dog friendly in the summer. Beer is very close and we found a back road that cut the journey time there in half! The town itself is very dog friendly and they are allowed on the East beach, it is pebbles but there were bathing shoes in a local shop that worked well. Cafes on the beach for tea, coffee, hot chocolate as as well as ice creams etc.

The Anchor, Dolphin hotel and local chippy all allow dogs and the food in the latter two was very nice (didn't eat in the Anchor). Parking behind the Dolphin Hotel at £1 an hour. Seaton tramway was fun and allowed dogs on the bottom deck, the mini train at Beer was lovely for children but no dogs. Sidmouth beach was pebbles but there was sand at low tide.

You have to walk through the dog ban area to get to the dog friendly area though which I felt was a bit odd! Connaught Gardens were lovely with some great views, free to go in and dog friendly.

Date of Visit: September 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Mid Life Crisis 12 reviews from this member

This site has nice views towards the Jurassic Coast. The walk down into Seaton and back isn't too arduous but take a torch for the access road to the site.

The town is nice apart from the two pubs on the sea front which are in dire need of a visit from the TV programme 'DIY SOS', they are really yuk. The other pubs were ok with friendly staff and nice beer. I recommend the Illuminated carnival which took place on 3rd Sept, it was really impressive.

The site itself is a bit of a mixed bag with most caravan pitches being seasonal. The shower block wasn't up to scratch and needed some tender loving care. Because of this it was pretty grubby.

The chemical toilet point was the worst I've ever used, it was just a rotten trapdoor out in the open. I felt sorry for the people near it having to see that. Owners - please screen in off !

Plus points -

Polite and helpful staff.

The price was very reasonable.

The access to the animals in the pet area was very nice.

Previous     34 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Dining Package, worth £124.98 from Yeomans Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!