Visitor Reviews - Manor Farm Caravan Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Manor Farm Caravan Site
Seaton Down Hill
Seaton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
EX12 2JA   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m  1m   5m  1m  1m  1m

Open: March To November

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage  Glamping

Reviews:  36 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: KarenAlan 3 reviews from this member

What a wonderful site, we spent just over a week here with touring van in August. Great value for money all facilities included in price (no extra charge for dogs, awnings etc) Although site is large and has lots of seasonal pitches it was wonderfully quiet and friendly - a very sloping site not ideally suited for those with mobility issues but the upside of a slope is superb views of the Axe valley!

Our pitch (No11) was adequate but not huge, kids playground was centrally located and good equipment though a little far away form our pitch for adequate supervision. Showers were adequate but not gushing and the press button was quick to release so constantly re-pushing for more water. One bugbear of mine is our dogs welcome on leads but this doesn't appear to include 'site' dogs - we observed site dogs running loose, urinating up our awning and pooing on pitches - not great with kids about. Overall a superb location for exploring the jurassic coast.

Date of Visit: May 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: 50yearoldteenager 3 reviews from this member

A lovely campsite with beautiful views. A nice play area for the kids and an option to feed the many animals. Great places to visit with seaton beach just 4 minutes away. A little hilly and I needed to drive down to the toilet block with my disabled wife. This wasn't a problem as the manager told me I might need to do this when I booked. However, the disabled toilet door was permanently open with a yellow 'slippery floor' sign in constant use. Although there was a disabled toilet with grab bars it was also the same place where everyone emptied their chemical waste, so no elsen point so this I find disgusting! There were no disabled showers and when I spoke to the manager he said that we could use one of the family showers located at the back of either the male or female toilets. I told him that my wife is disabled and needs me to help her so I asked him which should we use. He looked a little confused then said we should use the ladies. I told him I didn't want to upset anybody with me having to enter the ladies block so he changed his mind and said use the men's. I didn't want my wife to have to pass the urinals just inside so had to take her into the ladies. It was embarrassing having to apologise and explain why I was entering the ladies block to several people inside. Fortunately they were very understanding. Unfortunately, due to the situation my wife chose not to use them again and had to make do with a basic strip wash in our small caravan. The machines in the small laundry were mostly out of service and after I had deposited my money they would not work. I spoke to the manager again who said he'd be straight down. 25 minutes later I had to return as he still hadn't turned up. I asked for my money back and took my washing down to seaton. The website says disabled facilities which I consider to be beyond a joke. Oh and the grey water disposal was a small drain hole outside the laundry which meant that the area was always wet with dirty water. I wish I could upload some pictures but am new to the site and don't know whilst writing this if it is possible. Would we return? No we wouldn't. Would we recommend this site. Maybe, providing you do not have a disabled member in your party.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Coffee 5 reviews from this member

Great location, friendly staff, lovely views, pets corner was well worth a visit. The tram from seaton to colyford well worth a ride, excellent. However my concerns were the temperature of the showers! it is one of those push it and get a timed water flow. I pushed it about 5 times to get warm water and then covered in soap pressed again the water was so hot I left and continued my shower in my van. Also, campers are told to clear up after their dogs which I totally agree with, but, with 4 site dogs running freely who cleans up after them??? I found 3 piles. Chemical toilet disposal is what should be the disabled toilet/shower. Grey water disposal is via a 4 inch square drain hole next to a water run off down pipe.

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Gingawarrior 59 reviews from this member

This was a site that I couldnít really work out whether I liked or not, as it very much has it plus points, but unfortunately there are also some less appealing aspects that could do with improving.

First impressions count and unfortunately the reception I received was far from ideal. Office closed and no mention of my pre-booked pitch, appeared I needed to find the warden at his caravan, took some time to rouse him out of his van and due to the state of dress I found him and his partner in I fear if Iíd arrived a few minutes earlier the caravan might have been Ďa rockin, so donít come a knockiní type situation.

After being located on a far from satisfactory pitch among caravans I was allowed to move to the beautiful camping field with great views, albeit without electric and on a slope, but then hey one can cope.

The facilities were adequate, largely up to date and pretty much clean but they were not the best Iíve experienced and for such a large site and established site one might have expected a little better.

A bit of a walk into Seaton, but fortunately I was blessed with excellent weather so no problems there. Seaton is a little rough around the edges, certainly not a patch on it two neighbours of Lyme and Sidmouth, but not without itís charms and has a large supermarket for all your needs.

The bus to Lyme runs from the seafront, but you can catch the bus to Sidmouth at the garage close to the site at the top of the hill.

So I liked the views, I liked being in a big camping field with no-one else around and the weather helped. I didnít particularly like the staff and reception and facilities were ok at best, but if I knew the weather was likely to be good Iíd return in a few years.

Reviewer: Emilyparis 1 review from this member

Loved this site as stunning views of the estuary, and very relaxed. We have a small dog and it was dog friendly, which meant we could completely relax, I hate sites with loads of rules.

Clean shower block and hot water with good water pressure.

Also, everyone we met was very friendly.

Had a fab lunch at Branscombe Beach cafe and then swam with the dog in the crystal clear water. Weather obviously helps and it was a scorcher.

The only downside was our pitch sloped a bit so not the best nights sleep, but great location so will definitely return.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Andrebelg 1 review from this member

We stayed a few times on manor farm and august 2012 the gods were with us and we got ourselves a seasonal pitch.

Well kept, clean and peaceful campsite.

Kids play area, free showers and glorious views.

Kids can go and feed the farm animals in the morning and free range eggs in the site shop, they beat tesco on taste.

Walking down to seaton is a breeze, coming back is not for the less fit people amongst us but a taxi back is about £4-5 in the day time and £6 at night.

Previous     36 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win £100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win £100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win £100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a BUZZ RACK Buffalo 4 Bike Tilting Carrier Win a HandiMoova Off-road Foldable Hand Trolley

UKCS Meet Benington Chilli Festival, Hertfordshire 29 Ė 31st August
Celebrate all things chilli in the hidden gem of a garden at historic Benington Lordship.