Visitor Reviews - Cheston Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Cheston Caravan And Camping Park
Folly Cross
Wrangaton Road
South Brent
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ10 9HF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  5m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  14 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Submit your own Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of this site for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Yvontibb 1 review from this member

Lovely setting, friendly helpful staff. Quiet until the train hurtles by at speed about 15 metres from campsite. Luckily I was the only female on site, or else it would have been a long wait for the one shower (has space for 24 pitches). Toilet block light switched off at night, electric supply was intermittent. Water for washing dishes tepid at best. I have stayed at far better sites for the same money.

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Blackwell 2 reviews from this member

Yet another visit to this small and tidy site. We use it to visit family in the area and have done so for over ten years. This years visit was up to Paul and Elise's normal standard. With even better pitches and roadway. We look forward to many more visits. South Brent has all the shops that are needed and there is a convenient Garage.

Reviewer: ClareAtkinson 1 review from this member

This is a very friendly family run site. It has good facilities and I loved the guinea pigs ! We picked this site as it is close to the Glazebrook House Hotel where we attended a wedding. It was good value for money, we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and would visit again when we are in the area. Highly recommend this site.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Irene s 1 review from this member

A pleasant and friendly welcome as we arrived late were sited quickly and efficiently and had pleasant conversation with the owner. Large pitches - well lit and looked after. Helpful advice on area and given directions to shopping centre and next destination. Would recommend this site as being ideal for touring.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sammyjohnson1750 1 review from this member

Hey all, My name is Sammy and I visited the site in March. I was reading through the reviews and I couldn't believe the review that someone left on here. I drive a Motorhome that is 7 meters long (I am single so I drove) and I managed to drive it into the spaces provided. And I am a blonde so you mustn't be that good of a driver. I didn't hit any tyres or any wooden fences when I reversed in. The electric hook-up had two leaves on it and a twig (we are in the country side, kind expected) but nothing to cause a drama over. The toilet block was great, clean and smelled nice - no issues there and when I visited in March the showers were free so you must have been the only guy there to pay as another couple on the site had been there for 2 weeks before me and hadn't had to pay??? Also 18. 00, I was shocked I had to pay so little, I paid 25. 00 for one night in a different site the day before and you had to pay for showers there. Plus I am glad that you won't be returning because your negativity would make my stay 'shocking' as I will definitely be returning again next month. I had a lovely stay, the place was very well maintained and perfect. It was clean and cosey. The owners gave great service and helped me with anything I needed they were even there to great me when I arrived at 10:30pm because I was running late (which most campsites won't do) - they were contactable 24/7, the walks in the area were great, brilliant cycle routes too and great pubs and restaurants nearby. It is worth visiting this site, just tranquil and perfect. I hope others do visit as you would miss out on a nice place to stay.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Murviman 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at Cheston for just one night and, after having read all the favourable reviews, we were generally disappointed.

The first snag encountered was the small size and positioning of the pitches, which proved very tricky to negotiate with our medium sized motorhome. Small wooden fences around each pitch added to the difficulties as did ornamental tyres, pile of spare gravel and stored caravan: very little space to reverse into position.

Although the site is pleasantly grassed with attractive trees and shrubs, the electric hook-ups and toilet block seem neglected.

Had we paid only half of the 18 charged, we may have been happy. To be asked for a further 50p for a shower token just added to the shock.

We will not be returning.

Previous     14 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Submit a Review for a chance to Win 100 of Amazon Vouchers
Win 100 of Amazon vouchersSubmit a review of any caravan park or campsite, for a chance to win. Each month one lucky person will have their review picked at random and will win 100 of Amazon vouchers!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win 200 of Cool Prizes from Outwell Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet East Anglian Game & Country Fair 25/04 to 26/04
Masses of fun and displays at the The Norfolk Showground - day tickets or you can camp over for the weekend.