Visitor Reviews - Cheston Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Cheston Caravan And Camping Park
Folly Cross
Wrangaton Road
South Brent
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ10 9HF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  5m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  13 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: September 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Blackwell 2 reviews from this member

Yet another visit to this small and tidy site. We use it to visit family in the area and have done so for over ten years. This years visit was up to Paul and Elise's normal standard. With even better pitches and roadway. We look forward to many more visits. South Brent has all the shops that are needed and there is a convenient Garage.

Reviewer: ClareAtkinson 1 review from this member

This is a very friendly family run site. It has good facilities and I loved the guinea pigs ! We picked this site as it is close to the Glazebrook House Hotel where we attended a wedding. It was good value for money, we thoroughly enjoyed the weekend and would visit again when we are in the area. Highly recommend this site.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Irene s 1 review from this member

A pleasant and friendly welcome as we arrived late were sited quickly and efficiently and had pleasant conversation with the owner. Large pitches - well lit and looked after. Helpful advice on area and given directions to shopping centre and next destination. Would recommend this site as being ideal for touring.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sammyjohnson1750 1 review from this member

Hey all, My name is Sammy and I visited the site in March. I was reading through the reviews and I couldn't believe the review that someone left on here. I drive a Motorhome that is 7 meters long (I am single so I drove) and I managed to drive it into the spaces provided. And I am a blonde so you mustn't be that good of a driver. I didn't hit any tyres or any wooden fences when I reversed in. The electric hook-up had two leaves on it and a twig (we are in the country side, kind expected) but nothing to cause a drama over. The toilet block was great, clean and smelled nice - no issues there and when I visited in March the showers were free so you must have been the only guy there to pay as another couple on the site had been there for 2 weeks before me and hadn't had to pay??? Also £18. 00, I was shocked I had to pay so little, I paid £25. 00 for one night in a different site the day before and you had to pay for showers there. Plus I am glad that you won't be returning because your negativity would make my stay 'shocking' as I will definitely be returning again next month. I had a lovely stay, the place was very well maintained and perfect. It was clean and cosey. The owners gave great service and helped me with anything I needed they were even there to great me when I arrived at 10:30pm because I was running late (which most campsites won't do) - they were contactable 24/7, the walks in the area were great, brilliant cycle routes too and great pubs and restaurants nearby. It is worth visiting this site, just tranquil and perfect. I hope others do visit as you would miss out on a nice place to stay.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Murviman 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at Cheston for just one night and, after having read all the favourable reviews, we were generally disappointed.

The first snag encountered was the small size and positioning of the pitches, which proved very tricky to negotiate with our medium sized motorhome. Small wooden fences around each pitch added to the difficulties as did ornamental tyres, pile of spare gravel and stored caravan: very little space to reverse into position.

Although the site is pleasantly grassed with attractive trees and shrubs, the electric hook-ups and toilet block seem neglected.

Had we paid only half of the £18 charged, we may have been happy. To be asked for a further 50p for a shower token just added to the shock.

We will not be returning.

Reviewer: Capamagian Family 1 review from this member

We (myself, husband and 7 year old son) were following National Cycle Route 2 and were relieved to come across this campsite which seemed to us to be in the middle of nowwhere. (If you have a car, it is secluded but not too far from anywhere). The campsite was very quiet. Since we were cycling, we were not cooking so are unable to comment on these facilities). We were able to walk to South Brent, (just over a mile away) which the nearest village with pub/restaurant). The bus stop was about a 15 to 20 minute walk away in the opposite direction. We were able to get a family day ticket for £10 where we could travel on any First buses in Cornwall/Devon. One day we went to Totnes and another we went to Paignton.

I thought that there would be queues for the one shower but there was never anybody else using this when I needed to. The site is clean and well maintained. It is, however, very close to the railway line. This never bothered us though.

Previous     13 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Sleepy - The Wearable Sleeping Bag! Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCampsite.co.uk Advent Calendar