Visitor Reviews - Cheston Caravan And Camping Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Cheston Caravan And Camping Park
Folly Cross
Wrangaton Road
South Brent
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ10 9HF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m  1m  10m  5m  1m  1m   5m  5m  1m  1m

Reviews:  11 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Irene s 1 review from this member

A pleasant and friendly welcome as we arrived late were sited quickly and efficiently and had pleasant conversation with the owner. Large pitches - well lit and looked after. Helpful advice on area and given directions to shopping centre and next destination. Would recommend this site as being ideal for touring.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sammyjohnson1750 1 review from this member

Hey all, My name is Sammy and I visited the site in March. I was reading through the reviews and I couldn't believe the review that someone left on here. I drive a Motorhome that is 7 meters long (I am single so I drove) and I managed to drive it into the spaces provided. And I am a blonde so you mustn't be that good of a driver. I didn't hit any tyres or any wooden fences when I reversed in. The electric hook-up had two leaves on it and a twig (we are in the country side, kind expected) but nothing to cause a drama over. The toilet block was great, clean and smelled nice - no issues there and when I visited in March the showers were free so you must have been the only guy there to pay as another couple on the site had been there for 2 weeks before me and hadn't had to pay??? Also 18. 00, I was shocked I had to pay so little, I paid 25. 00 for one night in a different site the day before and you had to pay for showers there. Plus I am glad that you won't be returning because your negativity would make my stay 'shocking' as I will definitely be returning again next month. I had a lovely stay, the place was very well maintained and perfect. It was clean and cosey. The owners gave great service and helped me with anything I needed they were even there to great me when I arrived at 10:30pm because I was running late (which most campsites won't do) - they were contactable 24/7, the walks in the area were great, brilliant cycle routes too and great pubs and restaurants nearby. It is worth visiting this site, just tranquil and perfect. I hope others do visit as you would miss out on a nice place to stay.

Date of Visit: March 2014 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Murviman 2 reviews from this member

We stayed at Cheston for just one night and, after having read all the favourable reviews, we were generally disappointed.

The first snag encountered was the small size and positioning of the pitches, which proved very tricky to negotiate with our medium sized motorhome. Small wooden fences around each pitch added to the difficulties as did ornamental tyres, pile of spare gravel and stored caravan: very little space to reverse into position.

Although the site is pleasantly grassed with attractive trees and shrubs, the electric hook-ups and toilet block seem neglected.

Had we paid only half of the 18 charged, we may have been happy. To be asked for a further 50p for a shower token just added to the shock.

We will not be returning.

Reviewer: Capamagian Family 1 review from this member

We (myself, husband and 7 year old son) were following National Cycle Route 2 and were relieved to come across this campsite which seemed to us to be in the middle of nowwhere. (If you have a car, it is secluded but not too far from anywhere). The campsite was very quiet. Since we were cycling, we were not cooking so are unable to comment on these facilities). We were able to walk to South Brent, (just over a mile away) which the nearest village with pub/restaurant). The bus stop was about a 15 to 20 minute walk away in the opposite direction. We were able to get a family day ticket for 10 where we could travel on any First buses in Cornwall/Devon. One day we went to Totnes and another we went to Paignton.

I thought that there would be queues for the one shower but there was never anybody else using this when I needed to. The site is clean and well maintained. It is, however, very close to the railway line. This never bothered us though.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: Lnewcombe 2 reviews from this member

Once again, we have had a lovely, relaxed stay at Cheston Caravan and Camping Site. The family have made fantastic refurbishments to the site, enhancing the surroundings and showing Devon at it's best this summer. It's been almost a year since our last visit and the new hard standings, electric hook ups and water point have made our stay even easier.

I still find the price of our stay very reasonable in comparison to other places in the area and will, of course, return as soon as we can.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Evalily 3 reviews from this member

What a lovely campsite. The owners were very welcoming they even made us a cuppa whilst we pitched our tent. Nothing was too much trouble and they knew plenty of places to go and see whilst visiting South Devon.

The site itself is small(2 small fields) but well maintained and sheltered, with level pitches, plenty of hedging and plants for privacy. We arrived after a week of unsettled weather and plenty of rain but the ground wasn't boggy. We were greeted by the resident guinea pigs -11 in total and a couple of cats. There is a train track close to the site but the trains don't run through the night and they didn't wake us up in the mornings.

The loos and showers are adequate and clean with soap, hand towels and toilet paper being replenished daily. The shower uses a 50p token.

Ivybridge and South Brent are are the nearest villages and there's a post office on the main A38 a couple of minutes drive away. The sites location is great for exploring South Devon.

We had a fantastic holiday which was made all the better for staying at this quiet family run campsite. We will certainly be returning at some point in the future.

Previous     11 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!