Visitor Reviews - Whitehill Country Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Whitehill Country Park
Stoke Road
Paignton
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
TQ4 7PF   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

5m  5m  5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  1m  5m

Open: 18 April - 24 September

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  119 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   20

Reviewer: LynChris 1 review from this member

This campsite has a very good range of facilities, and was impeccably clean in every area, toilets, pool and site generally. A good well stocked shop and everyone who worked there who I spoke with was polite friendly and I always felt they were there to help. The food on sale was of an acceptable quality and good value. Good play areas for the kids, Always hot water when we wanted it, It is far enough from the town to be dark and quietish and see the stars, there is WIFI on site for those who don’t want to get away from work. In every area I felt the sight was very well run.

To balance the review what I did not like was, many of the tent pitches were on quite a slope, there are High Voltage pylons running through the site which make quite a noise in the rain. The site is big, there are many pitches and this does make it look a bit like a pop concert when full with little room for kids to run free and only 6 ft. Between the larger tents. We could clearly hear the club house music till 11pm even though we were about as far from it as was possible. I would not criticise this site as it offered a lot and the website does accurately describe everything and google maps show position, but I would not choose to stay again as I prefer a smaller quieter sites even at the expense of losing some of the 1st rate facilities, but this is more a reflection on me than the site and if possible I like a view not just of the other tents left right front and rear. I marked it down on child friendliness just because it was so big.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Crossers 6 reviews from this member

Excellent site which is kept spotless considering how many people where staying at the time of our visit. Pool was lovely and warm but was very busy most of the time due to the excellent weather we had. Bar prices were great at an avg of £2. 90 per pint. Toilet block was cleaned everyday. Some pitches are sloping so make sure you bring you chocks and stack pads. The main tent field at the top was particularly on a slope. Nice walk down to Stoke Gabriel for a spot of crabbing. Will certainly be back.

Date of Visit: June 2014 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Jeffersskate 5 reviews from this member

The noise - although this didn't bother us too much - I can sing 'leaving on a jet plane at midnight with the best of them - (our children sleep through anything) - if you want a quiet park this one is not for you.

A suggestion may be to the management to have a quiet camp area where there is a noise curfew eg 10:30pm.

Electricity pylon close to our tent

The café and Bar staff were rude.

They refuse to give out 50ps at the bar and café and the bar staff even said - after I'd explained that I'd already been to reception and got some, but that they hadn't given me enough for the 4 kids - that if I explain that to them then they may be more 'lenient' with me with giving out the 50ps. Most of the games had an option for either 50p or £1 - so it seemed as if they wanted you to spend more. Things like that just leave a bad taste in the mouth.

The first night the lights in the loo/shower block weren't on - when we reported this we were told 'we will report it, but it wont get sorted until tomorrow' - and it didn't, this was quite dangerous - but going to the loo in the dark was interesting! The other nearest loo block was quite a walk away unfortunately.

Our pitch was slightly sloped - but some are really quite sloped - so be prepared for that.

Friendly reception staff

Lots of activities to do in the rain

The pool was lovely and clean (no rubbish, clean bottom etc) with lifeguard cover

Shire craft barn

The park was great for children to explore - you could spend a whole day just doing that - finding all the different play parks & nature walks

The treasure and letterbox trail - great idea!

Clean toilet and shower blocks

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Flufftec 5 reviews from this member

Lovely site in Paington not far but to far to walk into town,

I would recommend this site to anybody absolutely beautiful site with good facilities and clean toilets and showers and a nice pool.

The road going to the site is a bit narrow but not terrible, not far from some nice restaurants,

The static was basic but we had a great price for it so cant complain but will definitely return in my Touring caravan.

Reviewer: Pudge 1 review from this member

Stayed here in august 2013 had some lovely weather, the staff was friendly and the people on the site was friendly too, the site is a lovely site and has some lovely facilities outside the site too and a fantastic lake for crabbing, the site shop is nice and we thought the food in the restaurant was lovely and again the staff was too. The children enjoyed and the site even has a pool outside which was very nice the children loved that and on the evenings there was a guitarist who was really good and we all enjoyed every moment we even had rain and we enjoyed that too and it was still warm considering that spell of rain. Would we go again yes we only went for just under one week on our first time we would definitely go back to this site it has a wide range of things on site, the town centre of Paignton is not to far away the beach is lovely the shops are too other shops we spotted are quite near to the site such as local asda sainsburys, not to far away we found an amazing chip shop I'll leave that location unknown for you to potentially find it of your hunt. Back to the site the site is a lovely walk and has different levels being countryside the woods is a nice walk too ideal for hide and seek games, the pitch size of the tent I thought was quite good we had 4 man tent plus the car etc, I think from our perspective as first time campers is that we will be coming back here again, I think we will buy a bigger tent, and come back for a longer period as we went out to some attractions a few times and we loved it the children loved it and the atmosphere was lovely.

Reviewer: Nichola1973 2 reviews from this member

Just spent a week here and loved every minute. Yes the pitches have a slight slope but nothing bad. Whole park was clean and well kept. Toilets were a good standard and clean and warm and plenty of them. We were there over the aug bank hol and it was very busy but we had plenty room. There was a lot of children riding scooters and bikes but that's part of camping if you want a quieter area ask to be in the orchard at the end. The bar was ok not overpriced although I do think they could of been a bit quicker with the glass removing. The kids disco was fab and my both loved it. The shop sold everything you might need and the pool was excellent. Well done whitehill you made out holiday great and we will defo be back

Previous     119 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Coleman Event Shelter from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Somerset Motorhome Show 12/09 to 14/09 Shepton Mallet
All the latest Motorhomes and a host of accessories. Win Tickets or buy Discounted Day Ticket Offer!