Visitor Reviews - Woodovis Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Devon (South) > Site Reviews

Woodovis Park
Gulworthy
Tavistock
Devon (South)   (Browse area)
PL19 8NY   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

1m  1m 10m  5m  5m  5m   5m  5m  5m

Open: 21.03.14 - 31.10.14

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale  Glamping

Reviews:  75 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Static Rating:
Reviewer: Beerandtools 7 reviews from this member

I have reviewed Woodovis before, but that was when we took our touring caravan. This weekend, the wife and I took my parents (in their 70's) to Woodovis on a short break in one of the static vans.

WOW. Comfortable beds, immaculately clean, loads of space, warm, sound proof everything you could wish for and at less than 50 each for the 3 night stay an absolute bargain.

All of that topped off with the fact that we were at probably the best site in the country, in my opinion.

As I write this review, I am sat in the sun with my last cup of coffee before we have to depart. So not only have I been brave enough to spend the weekend with my wife and mother (double nagging) but now they are going to drag me away, back to the reality of working life. Tony & Helen have, however agreed to adopt me, so I might yet be staying.

Seriously though, for my hard earned money Woodovis Park, is the model by which all sites should take their cue. As soon as you pull in to reception, you feel like part of the family and the tension of normal life leaves you. After a sauna, a swim and a spa bath, (all included in the price) you are instantly transported into a state of utter relaxation.

A lot of Parks say that the comfort and well being of their guests is paramount and they want to do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. The difference at Woodovis is that they really mean it and deliver that promise.

Mother says, ' I have stayed in many static caravans, and this is the most comfortable bed we've had. '

As long as we are welcome here, we shall return.

Date of Visit: April 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Feezee 5 reviews from this member

I agree with all the positives of the previous reviews. A lovely, clean, well kept, well run and orderly site.

The indoor pool is spotless. The pool itself was a bit chilly for my liking but the jacuzzi being so warm made up for it.

The owners/staff are all very friendly and patient with all our questions, and humoured my over excited children buying penny sweets (7 and 8).

Being a solo female when packing up, I really appreciated the help from the staff with hitching up my van (tendonitis in elbows makes it painful work). I have been at other sites where the owners won't give you the time of day; to have interested and enthusiastic owners makes the difference to how you feel about a place.

I'm going back to Gulworthy in about 4 weeks and I will definitely be booking at Woodovis again!

Date of Visit: September 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Andrewsimpson 3 reviews from this member

A lovely site with good facilities; we particularly enjoyed the swimming pool complex, as the weather for us was not brilliant.

We found the walking guides provided (in the telephone booth!) very useful and although we did not try any, this was more to do with the weather.

The toilet block was well fitted out and clean and tidy.

The staff were welcoming and helpful and we enjoyed our stay despite the fact that most of the attractions were a bit far to walk or cycle, as the site is quite a remote location.

Would certainly return

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Cake Man 13 reviews from this member

Stayed here for 5 nights and had a very restful time. The site is well maintained and the kids loved the pool /games room. The only down side for us was we were in the end field which was quite a walk to use the rest rooms / toilet waste. This field could do with its own wash block. The showers were always clean & plenty of hot water. The dish washing area even had a drainer to help dry the pots. Do not let the long walk to restrooms put you off. Would we visit again? Yes we would!

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Trailer Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Oggdog1952 1 review from this member

Just returned from a short break at Woodovis, we have just bought a trailer tent and as we stayed in a static before and enjoyed it so much we thought we would go back.

From the time of making booking until leaving we we treated like royalty.

A very warm and friendly welcome on arrival and shown to our pitch as well, we were lent a all weather ground sheet and a electric cable extension lead could not believe that, everywhere you went staff were around and always very friendly as always.

The swimming pool was great warm as well as sauna and spa.

We had pitch 42, what a pitch large and views all around the site.

Not a lot to say except get out and go there

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Castleton 12 reviews from this member

Great site, not too big, pool was excellent, staff friendly, fresh bread in morning a fantastic idea, good dog walk area. Only criticism was the toilet/ wash facilities, yes they are clean but they are too small and far away from the touring pitches in the lower field, to have to walk up every morning to find a queue for the showers spoilt the holiday a little, but this was at a peak time of year and the site must be almost perfect during the quieter times.

Previous     75 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Devon (South)   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!