Visitor Reviews - Little Bodieve Holiday Park

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South West > Cornwall (East) > Site Reviews

Little Bodieve Holiday Park
Bodieve Road
Wadebridge
Cornwall (East)   (Browse area)
PL27 6EG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook

10m  10m  1m  10m  10m   1m  10m

Open: April To October

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Statics for Hire  Statics on Sale

Reviews:  37 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6
Jump to Page   1   2   3   4   5   6   7

Date of Visit: August 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: JCWB 4 reviews from this member

We were greeted and shown to our pitch upon arrival. We were situated within the rally field which is very well set out with quite large pitches. We had plenty of room but I can only think it may be quite difficult to get your caravan into position if these pitches are all taken as there is only a narrow strip to drive to your pitch on. This is primarily a family site so expect children during the holidays. The toilet and shower blocks were cleaned each day but look slightly dated. There is a huge play area for the children with plenty for them to do and large green areas for them to do basically anything. There is an outdoor swimming pool and water slide which had kids in them each day. There is a well stocked shop for most of your provisions but if you prefer a large supermarket there are enough close to hand to satisfy most people. The bar area was frequented by adults and children. The site is well looked after and very tidy throughout. There is a dog walk at the far end of the site for those who choose to bring their pets along. It is around a mile into Wadebridge so if you want to walk there it is around 20 minutes. There are enough shops, supermarkets, and bars but beware of the Bridge on the Wool. We paid just short of £20 for 2 pints of bitter, a medium glass of red wine and a bottle of cider, not exactly encouraging you to stay in the pub in my opinion. If anyone fancies an Indian takeaway though, the Spice Guru is not cheap but I have not tasted food like this anywhere. The bhajees are superb, and the chicken jaupuri I had with rice and a nan was simply devine with tons of taste. The beaches in the area are great for water enthusiasts, you just need to choose the right one as they were quite full and at times there was not enough parking places close enough to the beach. Harlyn bay was our best choice with plenty of parking close to the beach. £4:00 to park your car at most places, well priced if you have a car full. Dogs are allowed on some of the beaches so you need to check first before you travel to them. Most beaches are around 7 miles from Wadebridge so be prepared to travel. All in all a good holiday destination.

Date of Visit: July 2014 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Shelleyjustice 5 reviews from this member

It has been 10 years since I last visited this site. Very little has changed. The site consists of a couple of fields with hookup. A section for tents and a number of statics. It has a children's play area, splash pool which is open at certain times of the day and a small swimming pool which was lovely to make use of at the end of a warm day. There is a small but well stocked shop, a bar which serves food ( we didn't eat there but it looked popular) and a games room for children.

The wardens are the same as 10 years ago, friendly family run site.

Wadebridge is centrally situated for easy driving to most of cornwall, Newquay is only 15 mls away, Padstow 6mls and if you don't want to drive you can cycle the camel trail.

The toilets blocks are basic and are as I remember them from the previous visit so could do with modernising but water was hot and I didn't have to queue. The gents was not always as clean as my partner would have liked.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Sunnygunny 9 reviews from this member

We chose this site for it's proximity to the Camel Trail.

Staff on site are very friendly. The site is geared for families which of course means you should expect plenty of children in the school holidays. Our corner pitch was used by everyone as a cut-through so a strategically placed windbreak is a must. It was a bit of a distance to reach the power hook-up but fortunately we had a long lead.

The toilet and shower facilities are plentiful and functional but would benefit from some updating. However this is balanced by the site fee which was not as high as most we experienced during the holiday.

Wadebridge is lovely little town situated roughly halfway along Camel Trail. Little Bodieve is just under a mile from the trail and the route to get you there is OK for adults but not so safe for young children as you have to cycle along normal roads into Wadebridge to pick it up. Once on the trail it's about 7 miles in one direction to Bodmin and about 6 miles in the other direction to Padstow.

There is a bus stop outside the site entrance which we used to visit Port Isaac. It's about a 35-40 min journey which also takes in Rock and Polzeath. The helpful lady on site reception provided a bus timetable.

Date of Visit: August 2013 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Coxy66 1 review from this member

My family (Linzy, Ella, Megan, Molly and me Dave) stayed here for 10 nights but enjoyed it so much we decided to stay another 2 nights. We met 2 lovely families next door Daz/Michaela and kids Rowan and Esmae and Andy/Angela and kids Ewan and Grace and Eve the choc Labrador. Top People. My kids haven't stopped talking about their kids.

The site is located just in the right place to explore Cornwall, if you want to keep fuel cost to a minimum. All the beaches are fantastic and close by. The only problem was we didn't have enough time to explore them all. Cornwall is a beautiful place and this is a good base to stay.

The shower blocks have loads of hot water and are regularly cleaned. They are however dated but this doesn't bother me as long as they work and are clean. There is a playground for the kids with swings and slides etc. My kids loved this and there were tears whenever we retrieved them. There is also a water shute with pool for the kids and a swimming pool. The Pool is clean and quite busy.

The Bar is adjacent to the pool, this is handy as there are poolside seats and tables so you can let the kids loose and relax with a drink and watch the football on TV. There are 2 Pool tables a Darts Board and a Table Tennis table in the Bar. The bar serves Burger&chips, Pizza curries etc. (good value). Drinks include Rattler cider, lager and local St Austel beers (cheaper than pubs).

There is a handy small shop on site that sells News papers, milk, tinned food etc but Wadebridge has a Lidl, Tesco and Co Op, so we mostly bought in town.

The pitches are big enough to fit a caravan, Awning and a car on. You can get Gas refill at reception. All the staff are polite and pleasant and the site is great value for the money and I would recommend it.

Date of Visit: August 2012 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Tynansdad 1 review from this member

I visited with my four year old son for one night which turned into two as we had such a good time. Little Bodieve was exactly what we were after and, having read some of the reviews on here, I was pleasantly surprised by how good it was.

The camp was fairly busy with caravans and electric hookups but there were only a few tents around, possibly due to the recent poor weather putting people off.

The shop was pretty standard for a campsite and was open all day each of the three days we were there.

The toilet and shower block was basic but very clean, well looked after and has everything you could need. There was a laundrette attached but we did not use it. The washing up facilities were as expected in a clean and covered area.

The was a very good play park for younger children. My lad played happily for a good hour as I set the tent up and as it is in the middle of the camping fields, is easily seen from much of the site.

The pool was better than I expected - we would have used it much more had we got in there earlier. It is a no frills, rectangular pool and fairly small. However, as it was only 5' deep, at the deepest part, I was y for my lad to play as I got in and out as I pleased.

The bar was only open from about 5:30pm onwards and stopped serving door at 8pm but this was just what I wanted. We didn't eat there anyway and were out most of the day either off-site or using the pool or playground facilities. The bar area was pretty modern, well staffed and was the perfect place to chill out for an hour or two before bed!

If you want an all singing, all dancing, entertainment filled campsite them you'll need to look elsewhere then this isn't for you. This is a great place for people who are looking to visit North Cornwall but want a nice chilled out site with good, well looked after facilities that put it above similarly priced sites.

We shall definitely be returning.

Date of Visit: July 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: PaulB111 2 reviews from this member

Very Disappointing Campsite in a lovely area. As a family with 3 children we picked our site very carefully, and Little Bodieve looked ideal, a splash pool for the kids, a 'large' swimming pool for adults and a water slide, as well as a well stocked shop, clubhouse bar and restaurant to satisfy all the family. A little more expensive than we had planned but worth it as we had all we needed on site. Marvellous.

The 'splash' pool for the kids is actually no more than a landing pool for the slide, far too small for children to play in and because of this too dangerous for risk of injury from people coming down the slide. The slide and 'splash pool are only open for an hour twice a day so wasn't much use to anyone anyway. The 'large' adults swimming pool is the size I was expecting the children's splash pool to be, and because of this it was overcrowded even though the campsite was less than 1/2 full. My children spent half an hour of one day in there and didn't want to go back.

The Clubhouse was closed during the day and food was only served for a 2 hour period in the evening.

The washing up facilities have no cold tap and the water coming out of the hot tap is so hot you can't even dip your fingers in momentarily to pick up anything in the water, my son burned himself helping me wash up.

The area of the site is lovely, the surrounding countryside is great, the Camel Trail is superb for cycling and the town very pretty, it's just a shame that Little Bodeive have clearly spent as little as they can get away with in order to advertise that is has these amenities.

We brought our issues up with the campsite and were treated with contempt by the older lady at reception.

Previous     37 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Cornwall (East)   -   Search for a site

Win a Nemesis Ultra Wheel Clamp! from Towsure.com Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers