Visitor Reviews - Castle Camping Certificated Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > Central > Staffordshire > Site Reviews

Castle Camping Certificated Site
Congleton Road
Mow Cop
Staffordshire   (Browse area)
ST7 3PL   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 01782 522604  or  07539 682202

1m  1m  1m 5m  5m  5m  5m   5m  1m

Pitches: 5 Vans +10 Tents

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes  Glamping

This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting. It is a member only site - you may be able to join on arrival - please check direct with the site.

Reviews:  17 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Write your own Review for a chance to Win!
Sponsored by Ordnance SurveyWin your choice of a Walkers Camping Kit worth 200 or 100 of Amazon vouchers, courtesy of this month's sponsor Ordnance Survey If you've ever visited this campsite please submit a review for your chance to win! Full info and prize details here

Date of Visit: June 2017 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: Paul+kate s-o-t 16 reviews from this member

Had a great weekend here

First time on a ccc cs and it felt really nice to be back on a proper friendly campsite

The facilities are amazing some of the best we've seen and used.

The tent area is on a bit of a slope but that didn't seem to bother the campers they pitched where was best for them.

5 hardstanding and 2 level grass pitches at the top of the field

Are we returning.

We're back the following weekend and will make it a regular for quick getaways as it's only 3 miles from home

Date of Visit: October 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Neil camper piper 17 reviews from this member

Stayed here for a last chance camping trip before the weather says no to camping until next year.

This site has a lovely setting with amazing views of the local area. The view from the castle which is about a fifteen minute walk away are truly breathe taking with 360 panoramic views.

The site itself is a small site on a crest of a hill so it is on a slope which is quite steep in places. There are some hard standing pitches for caravans and motor homes. Electric hook ups are available and the lovely owner of the site is working to make more level pitches.

The site is next to a road which does have a fair bit of traffic so beware if you have children. There is no play area either.

The site isn't the quietest as its in the flight path for Manchester airport, you also have light pollution from the local town so star gazing isn't as great as it could be. However the light show from the surrounding area is spectacular. If you are going to this site bring a good camera!

Now the facilities on this site are the best I've seen on any site I've been too. They put a lot of larger sites to shame. The facilities are more than ample for a site of this size. The showers are large, free and built to a great standard, There's four showers and six toilets. Three wash up sinks (two outside under cover, one inside) The toilet block is heated and also has a fridge freezer. After talking to owner about the facilities he said his daughters go camping a lot and they designed the block to what they would like to see on a site.

This site also lets you has fires in a fire pit that you can hire from the site, They also provide wood at a reasonable price.

This site is definitely a fair weather site if you are in a tent. With having great views comes a down side of being very exposed.

There is a pub a few minutes walk away that is open just at weekends. There are great walks in the local area and its close to the local town for shops.

We might go again if we are looking to visit the area in the future, if I do I'm bring a much better camera!

Date of Visit: February 2016 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Bigedyant 5 reviews from this member

I stayed here with my daughter just for one night, which I do several times a year as this site is only a 5 minute drive from home. The views from this site across the Staffordshire Moorlands and Cheshire Plain have to be seen to be believed.

I found a lovely little plateau to put my tent on with a view over the twinkling lights of Biddulph and Stoke from my bed.

The facilities have always been clean, warm and well maintained, but the new block is fantastic. This little CL has an amenities block that would put 99% of large sites to shame, and in 35 years of camping, I've seen a few.

Will definitely be returning soon.

Date of Visit: August 2015 Unit:  Motorhome Rating:
Reviewer: W99lly 7 reviews from this member

A great little site with wonderful views and friendly owners. There are 5 medium to large hard standings each with a large grassed area although one probably has too much slope to easily set up a motorhome. The other are fine. Currently there is a small toilet block which is clean and warm with dishwashing facilities but a new block is half built and will have 4 showers and toilets.

It is a great site for serious cyclist as there are good climbs up to the site. Every day you will see many cyclists pass the entrance. Also a very good base for walking.

Pub is just along the road but only open weekends.

Would definitely return

Date of Visit: June 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: CamperStoke 2 reviews from this member

I will keep this brief as I have reviewed this site before. This was my second visit in the last few months to Castle Camping, this time it was supposed to be for 2 nights but had to abandon due to the wind and some tent damage.

However, we had a great nights stay again. The views are amazing and the facilities again lovely and clean (and warm!).

The owners are probably the friendliest we have ever come across on any site, always happy to help and nothing is too much trouble.

Ground has now been broken on the new shower block which will give the site 4 extra showers and toilets.

We will definitely return.

Date of Visit: April 2015 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: CamperStoke 2 reviews from this member

I stayed here for 1 night with my 3 year old daughter for her first camping experience, as it's only around 20 minutes from our house but feels a world away.

This is a lovely little site with very friendly owners who were really helpful when booking as I wasn't sure exactly which day we would arrive as I wanted the weather to be OK for my daughters first camping trip! It has great views over the Cheshire Plains from the top of the site where we pitched and the Staffordshire Moorlands in the other direction. The site is on a slight slope, but we pitched our small tent on a plateau at the top, the site must drain well as it was really dry underfoot considering the time of year.

It was nice to have a shower without having to put coins in a meter! The shower, toilet and pot washing area was clean and tidy and the toilet had fresh towels provided for hand drying. They have permission to build a new amenities block which should be even better!

I guess all reviews are subjective, but me and my daughter really enjoyed our brief stay at Castle Camping. We would definitely return, my daughter loved going up to Mow Cop to see the castle ruins and playing with two boys she made friends with who were in the only other tent on site when we visited during the Easter school holidays.

Previous     17 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Write your own Review for a chance to Win!

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Staffordshire   -   Search for a site

Win a KAMEI Husky L Roof Box worth 225! Win a Coolbox Cool n Store Package worth over 235!

UKCS Meet Elvaston Steam Rally Camping Weekend 1 - 2 July