Visitor Reviews - Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site

Campsite and Caravan Park Search > UK > England > South East > Surrey > Site Reviews

Walton On Thames Camping And Caravanning Club Site
Fieldcommon Lane
Walton On Thames
Surrey   (Browse area)
KT12 3QG   See Map                                 Share Google Plus  Tweet This!  Share on Facebook
Tel: 024 7767 2602

5m  5m  10m  1m

Open: 01 Apr - 03 Nov

Units accepted:    Tents  Caravans  Motorhomes Caravan Storage Storage

This is a club member only site - you may be able to join on site - please check direct with the site

Reviews:  15 in total, now showing 1 to 6                 Previous 6          Next 6

Date of Visit: November 2012 Unit:  Campervan Rating:
Reviewer: 3narf 8 reviews from this member

Great! Nice, big site with minimal facilities. I stayed here on and off for roughly 3 months in late summer - autumn.

Staff are friendly and helpful, the lane is teeming with verdant hedgerows ripe for plunder (apples, sloes, brambles) in late summer, and failing that there's a corner shop nearby. Hampton Court is about 3 miles away.

It's now open again after the winter so I'm sure I'll be back soon.

Date of Visit: June 2012 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Tony t bone 10 reviews from this member

This site is great. We were met on arrival by a very helpful, happy go lucky chap who asked us what sort of pitch we would like then he accommodated us.

A well kept site with short cut grass that didn't get all over the van. As already has been stated previously, there are no toilets or showers on site. This is why I bought a van with its own facilities!

The site is on the flight path to Heathrow Airport and some aircraft noise was obviously heard but this didn't go on all night and I cant say it bothered us really. Superb dog walk, probably the best one I've ever come across.

Access to site is via a very narrow single track road. Keep to the AM depart and PM arrive advice and you shouldn't have a problem. This is an excellent site and I have already decided to stay again next year.

Date of Visit: June 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Iainmack 3 reviews from this member

We had a really nice weekend here the site is very clean, we travelled into London by train on Saturday which Walton train station was only 5 min drive from the site with plenty of parking.

The staff were very nice there is plenty of walks around the site too,

The only downside is the road to the site is quite narrow and if there is someone coming the other way you will have a problem, so get someone to walk to the end of the road first, but on a plus side it does slow people down!

We will be visiting this one again in the near future

Date of Visit: April 2011 Unit:  Touring Caravan Rating:
Reviewer: Qsbuilder 17 reviews from this member

A really nice club site, so peaceful and relaxing. There is a bus service about 10 minutes walk away which can take you into Kingston in one direction or Chertsey in the other. Hampton Court is a short drive away.

The entrance to the site is down a long single track road accessed through a housing estate, so it's imperative to avoid arriving before 12 noon

The site warden, although initially friendly, did annoy me somewhat by interrogating me as to whether I was working from the caravan.Just because I was using an external 19kg gas cylinder and had a hi-vis jacket in my car. He tried to get me to disconnect the gas bottle but as I am unaware of any club rule forbidding such external cylinders I compromised by disguising it with green bags. Apparently his reason was that children could tamper with it.

This attitude did tend to spoil my break somewhat, but I would definitely return and highly recommend this site for those who are content to use their own on-board sanitary facilities

Date of Visit: September 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Suecaswell 1 review from this member

This was our second visit to this lovely site, staying for only 3 nights whilst visiting Legoland.

The site is quiet, given its close to airport. And the Parakeets put on a beautiful display every evening which the kids and I loved.

I didn't take my dog this time, but will next time as the dog walk across the river was lovely.

The staff were very helpful and kid and the other campers were really friendly.

I would definitely recommend this site to others and will be going back again.

Date of Visit: June 2010 Unit:  Tent Rating:
Reviewer: Pamzee 17 reviews from this member

I really liked this site which was very well maintained and large. It was nice to camp alongside the river (didn't notice any sewage smell) and the recreation room was equipped with comfy seating, mags, games tables etc.

ery handy for trips into London, and don't miss out Hampton Court Palace. You could hear the rumble of traffic etc in the distance, but considering its location within the M25 not bad at all. The only snag was the aircraft noise which was bad for a couple of days before the take off path changed.

Don't forget your binoculars. Take offs stop at about 11pm and recommence about 7am. No toilet block but disposal facilities were adequate and very good prices - I paid 2.60 a night. I would visit again.

Previous     15 Reviews in total, now showing 1 to 6      Next

Try our town listings   -   Other Sites in Surrey   -   Search for a site

Win a Wisport SilverFox 30L Rucksack Visit the UKCS shop for exclusive discounts and offers

UKCS Meet Tribfest Music Festival 14/08 to 17/08 East Yorkshire
An affordable, fantastic weekend away listening to some great live Top tribute bands. Claim discounted entry!!